I tried to get the summer discount but "no dice"!

ChimCher-ee

There's been a change of plans.
So I've been thinking about this for a couple months now, and it's been driving me crazy. Maybe you can help me understand.

Last September I made reservations for a split stay this July. I booked Pop for 7 nights, with an 8-day base park ticket. I booked the Contemporary for 2 more nights, RO. No dining plan this time.

I called this spring to take advantage of the summer discounts, only to be told that changing Pop wouldn't save me any $$. Apparently, changing the room reservation would mean changing the park tickets too, which would incur an increase that would offset any savings from the discount. (It wasn't a total loss, though. I upgraded from Garden to Theme Park View at the Contemporary at what turned out to be no extra cost.)

So, is this common? Or what did I do wrong? Next time should I book the first night or two at one hotel with the park tickets attached, and then the bulk of the nights--without tickets, etc--at the place where I could rebook when the discounts are released?

When I book rooms at rack rate - I do not add park tickets until later (I book room only). We usually have annual passes - but when we don't or we are booking rooms for other people I wait to add park tickets later. Sometimes you can get a deal for park tickets at an outside agency. If you are trying to buy park tickets in advance you can do that but do it separately - not in a package. I have always been able to get discounts added to the rooms when I book them in advance. I hope that helps.

If you are trying to buy park tickets in advance you can do that but do it separately - not in a package.

I didn't know you could get tickets separately! This seems like the way to do it, though, to be able to make future changes to room-only reservations. Maybe for next year. Thank you!

I didn't know you could get tickets separately! This seems like the way to do it, though, to be able to make future changes to room-only reservations. Maybe for next year. Thank you!

You are welcome. One of our friends just got park tickets from Undercover Tourist and saved a decent amount of money. You also can get the park tickets separately from Disney - I do that all the time now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter