I visited the house where Walt was born today!

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
The house where WD was born was part of Open House Chicago today. It’s about 1.5 miles from where I live in Chicago. We got to see all of the rooms including the one in which Walt was born and the one in which he lived until the age of four. It’s the first time that tours have ever been allowed. I also met the owner (seen in the second pic), who used to live in LA’s Silverlake neighborhood.

The line to get in was like the line for Haunted Mansion the day after the Christmas changeover ;-). But I spoke with a few very nice people in line and it only took about 50 mins to get in. It was well organizedI also got to meet Angel Reyes, Miss Illinois 2022, who’s the ambassador for the house and was also born in the neighborhood.

IMG_6608.jpegIMG_6611.jpegIMG_6615.jpegIMG_6622.jpegIMG_6621.jpegIMG_6623.jpegIMG_6629.jpegIMG_6633.jpeg

Last edited:
So cool that you got to go inside. I stopped by last winter just to see it and was thrilled just to see the outside. I would like to go in someday, maybe they will offer more tours in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter