"I WANT my Minnie Bridal Ears!" PTR- DISNEYmoon 8/2011 ~UPDATED 2/20 ADRs Done!!!

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
Hi All :wave2:
Welcome to my 2nd PTR :earboy2:! You can check out my 1st PTR HERE! I have never gotten around to doing a TR, but maybe in 2011 I'll get around to doing one as well.

So here's our Cast!

I'm Jaclyn, I'm 26, I am currently a SAHM. Next year when DD is in school full time I will pursue a career in teaching (hopefully, last year things weren't looking too good for NJ teachers). I graduated last year but we decided to wait until DD was in school all day, as she is only half day K right now and we don't have anyone to watch her. Likes: Spending time with family, the beach, any and all things Disney, cake decorating, and relaxing on the couch with some Ben and Jerry's and watching a movie :thumbsup2
Me and Scott last year at Chef Mickeys (yes he really is that white lol)
100_0987_00.jpg

Scott, 28, is a manager at Home Depot. He's a hard worker, but on his days off he likes to watch Football (typical lol) or play, you guessed it -- Madden. He also likes so spend time with his family and watch other sports too including baseball, hockey, and the WWE. Here he is last year with his female entourage:
100_1030_00.jpg

I have to hand it to him, he really is a good sport, he was excited about wearing the shirt too lol.

And finally....our daughter....
Alanna, 5 is a kindergarten student. She really enjoys school, but also loves coming home to play with her Snoopy and American Girl dolls. She also loves to play school and enjoys spending time with her awesome cousins. We had some medical issues with Alanna last year right before we left for our trip. She wasn't eating too much, was hospitalized in June, and was losing weight. Our GI told us to go, but while in Disney things were not getting better. She was developing facial tics, she was eating but it would take her an hour to finish a meal, she wasn't herself. When we came back from Disney she developed bronchitis and was starting school in 2 weeks. In 5 days we met with 3 different doctors, our ped, our GI doc, and a neurologist. The neurologist didn't see anything wrong while doing routine exams but wanted her to go for an MRI and we had one scheduled for the friday after her 2nd week of school. She went to school and within a week EVERYTHING stopped! She was eating normally, no facial spasms, acting wonderfully. Our ped said it was probably such strong anxiety about going to school for the first time. Thankfully she is doing wonderfully now, she has gained 5lbs since Sept :) After we met with the neurologist is all made sense b/c she went for screening at the school at the very end of May and then everything started right before my birthday on June 8th. Just so thankful and happy things are back to normal and she is fine. And as I mentioned before she LOVES school, looks forward to going everyday. The school was so wonderful too with helping her transition into it. I am so thankful she is in such a nice school with such great teachers and guidance counselors who were there to help and listen when we really weren't sure what was going on with our daughter.
Here she is as her favorite character
100_132100000.jpg

So we are setting out to Disney for our yearly trip, BUT we are also (finally) getting married on August 6th so we are celebrating call this our DISNEYmoon with family.

"With family?" you ask. YES! B/c my aunt, uncle, and their three boys are coming too and we are trying to get my mom, sister and dad to come along. This is a struggle every year, we always are trying to get them to go and last minute they usually do come but its a pretty funny battle b/c I know my mom wants to go but by nature she is a just a nervous wreck about everything. You see, when me and Scott began our planning for our wedding we originally were planning a Disney Wedding with just parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, and then my aunt and her family b/c she is like my sister. But I started thinking about how would *I* plan a vacation for 20 people and a wedding, and I got so overwhelmed! And Scott's grandfather wasn't going to come and I wasn't sure about my grandfather and brother either.

So where we stand now is:
Getting married here at the Jersey Shore on 8/6/11
Leaving NJ for WDW (road trip!) on 8/18
Arriving at CBR in the afternoon/early evening on 8/19
and checking out on 8/26.

I am SUPER excited! Happy planning everyone!! Let the magic begin!

Index:
Intro (you just read it silly :goodvibes)
Tis the Season.....to plan a wedding + DMN #1~Santa Clause 3
Merry Christmas + BLIZZARD BEACH HAS HIT THE JERSEY SHORE!!
Birthdays, NYC, Wedding Dresses..and no more snow PLEASE!
We are 180 days out...you know what that means!

Congratulations on the wedding and the Disneymoon!

Very glad to hear that your daughter is feeling better, this trip should be a lot more fun for her!

Can't wait to read the rest of your plans- sounds like it going to be a lot of fun!

ETA: looks like you were posting on my PTR at the same time I was writing this, too funny!

Hi there! I'm planning a disneymoon for next year, too (in June), so I'd love to get in on another DM PTR! :goodvibes Your DD is adorable. :cloud9: Can't wait to read about all of your plans!

Alanna's costume is so cute! Did you make it? I can't wait to hear more about your trip plans when you get a chance!

Congratulations on the wedding and the Disneymoon!

Very glad to hear that your daughter is feeling better, this trip should be a lot more fun for her!

Can't wait to read the rest of your plans- sounds like it going to be a lot of fun!

ETA: looks like you were posting on my PTR at the same time I was writing this, too funny!

LOL, thats too funny!

Hi there! I'm planning a disneymoon for next year, too (in June), so I'd love to get in on another DM PTR! :goodvibes Your DD is adorable. :cloud9: Can't wait to read about all of your plans!

Hi! Are you getting married in Disney too? Are you on the DIS Wedding/Honeymoon boards? I was on there last month asking millions of questions b/c I was like 90% sure thats what we were going to do, but as faith has it, we're staying here for our vows. Where are you staying? When I made the ressies last night it wouldn't let me add that I was celebrating our Honeymoon to the ressies so I will have to try again.

Alanna's costume is so cute! Did you make it? I can't wait to hear more about your trip plans when you get a chance!
Thanks! No, I didn't make the costume (I can't sew at all, not even a button back on a shirt lol). We got it from a costume shop on line. Everyone thought it was so funny b/c her legs are so skinny like Mike's.

Hi! Are you getting married in Disney too? Are you on the DIS Wedding/Honeymoon boards? I was on there last month asking millions of questions b/c I was like 90% sure thats what we were going to do, but as faith has it, we're staying here for our vows. Where are you staying? When I made the ressies last night it wouldn't let me add that I was celebrating our Honeymoon to the ressies so I will have to try again.

We're getting married here at home, too. Although I would love a Disney wedding! I have too many family members that would be disappointed though. :confused3 I check out the wedding board every once in a while. I was on there last night and found a link for really cute bride and groom shirts from the Disney Store - I must get them! :goodvibes

We're getting married here at home, too. Although I would love a Disney wedding! I have too many family members that would be disappointed though. :confused3 I check out the wedding board every once in a while. I was on there last night and found a link for really cute bride and groom shirts from the Disney Store - I must get them! :goodvibes

Yes, I've seen them and I want them too! I was considering wearing them for our rehearsal :lmao: but i guess thats just not dressy enough huh? LoL

The creative DISigners also have some wedding things that you could hang on your window/doors while @ WDW and stuff you could make iron on shirts with.

Yes, I've seen them and I want them too! I was considering wearing them for our rehearsal :lmao: but i guess thats just not dressy enough huh? LoL

The creative DISigners also have some wedding things that you could hang on your window/doors while @ WDW and stuff you could make iron on shirts with.

What a great idea! I need to check out that board and see if I can find some fun stuff! :goodvibes

Hi all,
Sorry its been a while with all the craziness of Christmas and wedding planning going on. So, we left off last with booking our Disneymoon on Aug 19th-26th at CBR :cool1: with free dining and park hoppers.

Well let's see, a little wedding update. We currently have our ceremony/reception venue booked and our DJ. The past 2 weeks we were on the search for a photographer. I looked at MANY on the computer and inquired about them but when I got e-mails stating that their starting prices were $3000 my jaw dropped. So we met with a photographer who was nice, but I am a huge fan of the beach. We live 2 miles away from the beach, I am always up there and when I mentioned to her that I wanted formal beach wedding photos she didn't seem too thrilled with the idea. So I had to go back on a search.

We met with another photographer, who was actually recommended by our DJ and I really liked her. She had a great personality, I liked her work, her albums were gorgeous and her prices were perfect! So currently our status with her is we are waiting for the contract to come in the mail so we could sign it and send out the retainer fee to hold the date.

We met with that photographer on a Friday night, it was the night we got our tree. So we picked Alanna up from school and got our tree, we set it up and then went to meet with the photographer. We planned on having a Disney Move Night (we did this last year, it was so much fun, we planned a meal and an activity around a Disney Movie. Your could check out last year's DMNs here). So the night we got our tree we decided our DMN would be The Santa Clause 3 and our meal would be Christmas breakfast for dinner ;). We were with the photographer a little longer than planned so I came home and quickly started our meal. And this was pretty much thrown together rather quickly, its usually a little more elaborate lol.

Our menu consisted of
Scrambled Eggs
Bacon
Bagels (for DD)
Mickey Pancakes
and Cinnamon buns for dessert

100_1358.jpg

our mickey pancakes
100_1360.jpg

100_1359.jpg

and our activity you ask?
Decorating our tree of course!
100_1368.jpg

I was up til midnight doing that tree!
Scott fell asleep after we did the light and Alanna stayed up the whole time, helping out, breaking my Snoopy hallmark ornaments :sad2:
Our tree consists mostly of Disney and Snoopy ornaments.

Tonight we got a visit from Santa Clause ;). Every year the town that my aunt lives in does a special visit from Santa. She donates like $5 to the fire co. and drops off white pillow case with her address on it and its filled with gifts for each kid. Santa comes on a fire truck and the kids just get SO excited! The look on their faces was priceless! Alanna was running around the house screaming, she was just beyond surprised! We had a great time.
Right now we are just trying to finish up the Christmas shopping and get everything in order. I actually made a purchase for myself and when I get it, I'll be sure to post it so ya'll can see it :goodvibes
[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

Yay for some wedding progress! Congrats on finding a photographer you like - I've heard so many people say that ends up being the most important vendor. :thumbsup2

I love the disney movie night. That looks like so much fun! :goodvibes

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

I hope everyone enjoyed their time spent with their loved ones. We had a nice time here in Jersey. On Christmas Eve we went to Scott's grandparent's house and celebrated with them and his parents, uncles, aunts, sister and her boyfriend. It was nice, we got home late and Alanna had to hurry and leave out her reindeer food, milk and cookies and get into her jammies.

We spent Christmas morning opening up gifts. Alanna got some really cool things from Santa, an American Girl doll and accessories to go with it, Toy Story 3 playset, Olivia playset, build a bear clothes, calico critter stuff, etc. It was a nice morning, at noon we watched the Disney World parade ;). I saw a DISer on the parade! The family who had to dig the buried treasure out on the beach in NJ that revealed that they were going to Disney...yeah they have a PTR on here somewhere so I thought it was cool to see them :goodvibes.
Here's our tree on Christmas morning
100_1443.jpg

Alanna opening up her "big toy" from Santa
100_1462.jpg

Scott and I don't really "exchange" we just buy and say "this is from you" LoL. So Scott got a Laptop and I got some jewelry, clothes, stuff from sephora, but I was surprised with these cute lil beauties
100_1413.jpg

they are disney couture and the profile part says "A Dream is a wish your <3 makes" and then the front part has crystals on it. Pardon the fingerprints, but they are cute! I love 'em!
We spent Christmas evening at my aunts house with my family.
O and that order from ebay? It was.....
100_1478.jpg

my MINNIE EARS!!! ;) We just have to find Scott the top hat or the newer version lol.
So, we had a nice Christmas with our families. It was great!

Then...the next morning we woke up to SNOW! And 48 hours and 38 inches later here's Scott, trying to get us out of it! This was taken from my living room window.
100_1492.jpg

My car...the 3rd hill in
100_1495.jpg

We didn't have cable, internet, or a landline for 2 days oy!
So the wedding planning has been put to a halt until we could dig out of here lol! I really wanted to go to some dress shops this week since DD is off and Scott had off 2 days, but I guess that is going to be happening. since we were stuck in I read my UG 2011 and read up on some restaurants and theme park strategies.

O and in other wedding news...can you believe that our photographer sent out our contract and it took us almost 2 weeks to get it!! Someone in our complex got it but never bothered to leave it our mailbox. I e-mailed the photographer and we were supposed to meet with her the day before Christmas eve to sign the contract, but that morning it was in our box so we sent it out that day. Now with the holiday and the snow I don't think she received it yet lol.

I so hate this weather, and sadly this is just the beginning, I could only imagine what January and Feb. will bring. Well onto more planning, what should our next movie night be? Any ideas?

o and edited to add, that on the last day of the free dining promo my aunt and her family booked too, so we're almost all there, just have to get my parents and sis to book too. Its just not a vacation unless we go together as a clan lol

Since we got shoveled out we've been pretty busy around here. January is always a crazy month, we have to clean up the Christmas stuff, this year we had to compete with the snow, and January is Alanna's birthday month lol. I say it b/c we usually end up celebrating all month long.
First...we had Alanna's birthday and my cousin Joe's birthday parties 2 weeks ago. My cousin's birthday is Jan. 5th and Alanna's is the 15th so we do a joint party the weekend in between the 2. Since Alanna has a peanut allergy our allergist strongly recommends that we stay away from bakeries and ice cream shops (cross contamination) so I have become the designated cake baker/decorator for all the kiddie birthdays in my family. So here's what I made for their birthday(s)
this was Alannas
100_1498.jpg

and this was Joes
100_1496.jpg

We had a great time, it was just family, we got another storm that day and we just sat around with pizza and wine. Good Day :thumbsup2. On the 15th I just had cake here with me, Scott, the birthday girl, my parents and my sis. Scott and I got her a small toy and PJs, we wanted to give her something small because her big gift was going to be handpicked by Alanna herself on the 19th....
Today we took Alanna to American Girl Place in NYC as her "official" birthday gift. We did it last year, we took her for lunch at the cafe, then we let her pick out a doll from me and Scott and then my parents and Scott's parents give her money and she picks out all accessories and things. She has a great time. She decided on the Girl of the Year Kanani. And I have to say, she is a cute doll, she reminds me of Lilo.
100_1561.jpg

thats the doll she picked
100_1583.jpg

We also had to bring Kit to the doll hospital, DD is a little sad 2-4 weeks without her favorite doll.
We also stopped in at the new Disney Store in Times Square. It was pretty cool, kind of like ours here in Jersey but on a grander scale. I MISS MISS MISS the old World of Disney store that they had in the city. I used to go over there for my "fix" LOL and I was able to get all theme park merchandise, and they even had the Friendship Room that held the meet and greet area, where the characters would change daily. We met just about every princess there lol.
100_1610.jpg

it was cool because the screens would change here it is with a different screen theme
100_1606.jpg

We have one more "party", Scott's sister is coming on Friday (and some friends of ours as well) and we'll sing to Alanna (again lol) but I'll just make some cupcakes.
Aside from the kids' parties, my mother's birthday is at the end of the month too lol :rotfl: But with all this...I am SO happy that January is almost over!

So...onto some Wedding news....
So we have our ceremony/reception site/catering, photographer, DJ, honeymoon aaaaaaannnnnnd I got my wedding dress!!!!
This is going to sound crazy, I wanted a Maggie Sottero dress, I actually had a list of 15 dresses from her line that I wanted to try on. I found a boutique that carried almost her full line! We got there and I gave her my list and she just pulled all the dresses into the fitting room. The first dress I tried on was "the one". I tried on the others too just to see, but there was nothing like this dress. It has the corset in the back and its lace and sparkly! So pretty! The funny thing...the owner didn't put the sample on me when I tried it on. Here's the backstory on my dress and I am hoping its not a bad omen....
the owner got this dress in few weeks ago for a bride that had ordered it, on Friday the bride called to say the wedding was off. Her soon to be hubby was cheating on her with the Maid of Honor!!!!!!!!! :scared1: So...the owner was left with the dress she had ordered. I was the only one who tried it on and that dress is mine....and we got 30% off of it. And its funny b/c the dress basically fits, I just need the bottom hemmed b/c Im so short. Of course the dress is a secret, only mom, sis and aunt have seen it (and Alanna but she was so busy trying on veils I don't think she really cared lol). But its so hard to keep the dress a secret from Scott, I have a pic on my phone of me in the dress and I just want to show him, but just can't do it, he needs to be surprised!
January 1st I started my diet, I joined "The Biggest Loser" here on the DIS boards and so far I have lost almost 6 pounds!!My goal is to lose 15-20 and Scott and I made a bet, if I get down to a certain weight he and his groomsmen have to sing a song at our wedding lol. He is so going DOWN! :woohoo:
Currently we are looking for our "First Dance" song, we have narrowed it down to a small list "Can't Help Falling In Love" Elvis, "Glory of Love" Peter Cetera, and "Amazed" Lonestar. And we're looking for an officiant.
Well, January is almost done...sadly Feb is going to be crazy too! Wish us luck that we get all that we need to get done!

Wow, those cakes look amazing! You did a wonderful job! :goodvibes And congrats on finding your dress! I know it is such a relief to have that taken care of. And how great that you got such a discount! I'm sure that made it even more exciting!

Wow, those cakes look amazing! You did a wonderful job! :goodvibes And congrats on finding your dress! I know it is such a relief to have that taken care of. And how great that you got such a discount! I'm sure that made it even more exciting!

Yeah, its crazy though b/c I feel like I still have so much to do! Do you feel this way? We have to look for bridesmaid dresses, which by the way did YOU pick them out or did you have your girls decide on a dress? Did you all go for the dress together? Me and my sister (my maid of honor) are going to look on Monday just to get an idea, I have 2 other girls and then Alanna as the flower girl as well.
Then hmm, invitations, cake, food tasting, I still don't know what to do about the officiant, I am getting a non traditional "surfboard" wooden plaque for my guestbook, then the little fun things, shoes, accessories, etc. Am I forgetting anything? LoL

Yeah, its crazy though b/c I feel like I still have so much to do! Do you feel this way? We have to look for bridesmaid dresses, which by the way did YOU pick them out or did you have your girls decide on a dress? Did you all go for the dress together? Me and my sister (my maid of honor) are going to look on Monday just to get an idea, I have 2 other girls and then Alanna as the flower girl as well.
Then hmm, invitations, cake, food tasting, I still don't know what to do about the officiant, I am getting a non traditional "surfboard" wooden plaque for my guestbook, then the little fun things, shoes, accessories, etc. Am I forgetting anything? LoL

Haha, yes! Even though I know I've gotten a lot accomplished, I keep thinking of things that need to be done. Most all of my big stuff is out of the way, so now I'm trying to focus on the little details. There are so many little details, though! :laughing:

For the BM dresses, I picked out the style. Both of my girls told me what they wouldn't feel comfortable in (a strapless style for one, tea-length for the other) and I just worked around that. Because I only have two it made it pretty easy. I picked out the dress online, and then we all went together to get the dresses ordered.

Haha, yes! Even though I know I've gotten a lot accomplished, I keep thinking of things that need to be done. Most all of my big stuff is out of the way, so now I'm trying to focus on the little details. There are so many little details, though! :laughing:

For the BM dresses, I picked out the style. Both of my girls told me what they wouldn't feel comfortable in (a strapless style for one, tea-length for the other) and I just worked around that. Because I only have two it made it pretty easy. I picked out the dress online, and then we all went together to get the dresses ordered.

We are currently having this problem with the strapless, I only have 3 but all do not want strapless and I can't blame them b/c I don't think it would be comfy and I have 2 girls that are busty and I know I wouldn't be comfy. But it seems like all the cute styles are strapless! And they could add spaghetti straps but I don't think that really helps much. I am looking for cocktail or tea length, a pretty aqua blue, and chiffon. But I really want the girls to feel comfortable in what they are wearing. There are so many little things, I agree, centerpieces, escort cards, seating charts, favors, oy! The list is never ending lol.

Well its been a long time since I have posted an update but today called for one because......

Today I set the alarm for 5:55am for...you guessed it...to make our ADRs! We are officially 180 days out!
Let me tell you though, my experience this morning with Disney Dining on line was anything BUT magical. I am not one to complain but holy cow, every time I logged on I was re-routed back to the sign in page to confirm my package reservation. I had no trouble making out ressie for 8/19, but the +10 part was really the pain! I have done this numerous times before and never had a problem. Took about 45 minutes for things to begin operating normally. I had problems with 2 ressies- Cape May Cafe, which showed nothing available for our party for 10am (really, I am up @ 6am 180 days away, SOMETHING must be open!) and Via Napoli, which showed nothing between the hours of 5-7:30pm.

Then I called Disney Dining @ 7am...was on hold for another whole hour. And...now I am a Disney freak like everyone else, but tell me why o why @ disney dining must play "It's a Small World" at least 5xs while I am on hold. Really, its the last thing that someone wants to hear when they are aggravated, tired, on hold for a whole hour @ 7am on a Sunday morning.

So Finally the CM answers and cannot get me anything for Cape May, she said maybe they didn't release their tables yet. I told her I was able to get 9:15 but my party wanted 10. She then tries for a smaller party and says she can split us but she would need my other party's reservation #, luckily I had that. So she made the reservations for Cape May Cafe for 2 seperate parties @ the same time. Then I tried to get the Via Napoli for my aunt and her family and she had the same problem I was having, I just settled for the 7:40 reservations for them and called it a day.
Up since 5:55...off the phone @ 8:45am :scared1:

So here are our ADRs and Itinerary:
8/19
Check in @ CBR
Dinner @ The Wave
Magic Kingdom open til 2am

8/20
Wake up Breakfast at hotel
Morning/Afternoon @ Animal Kingdom
Break (for whatever reason we always finish AK by 2 or 3)
Dinner @ The Captain’s Grille @ The Yacht Club
Hollywood Studios for FANTASMIC

8/21
Wake up, head to Epcot for RD, walk thru Epcot, get FPs for Soarin, maybe ride Nemo, head back to walk to Beach Club
Breakfast at Cape May Café
Epcot
Break
Dinner @ 1900 Park Fare
Evening at Magic Kingdom (open til 1am)

8/22
Breakfast at the hotel
Hollywood Studios early (Toy Story Mania Fast Passes)
Break
FREE (perhaps stay @ DHS if needed, I believe its PM EMH)

8/23
Breakfast @ hotel
FREE (water park?)
Break
Dinner @ Teppan Edo (us)/Via Napoli (other family members)
Evening @ Epcot open til 12am

8/24
Breakfast @ Ohanas
Morning @ Magic Kingdom
Break
Dinner at San Angel Inn
Evening @ Epcot

8/25
FREE

8/26
Check out :(
Maybe sit by the pool or visit a park for a few hours or DTD

So thankfully that is done and squared away.
Now for wedding planning I have found the Bridesmaids dresses just waiting for everyone to get sized. This took a lot to satisfy all bridesmaids and I kept saying that no one wanted strapless but when my one bridesmaid who was against strapless tried this dress on she loved it. they can also add a strap and it comes with a shawl so those options are open if anyone in the bridal party wants it.
http://www.lizfields.com/Product/Bridesmaid-Dresses/Short-Strapless-Style-235/
I just don't know what color for the dress, Tiffany or Turquoise, IDK if the Tiffany is too green. With either one I am not sure what color I would do the trim. Maybe a sand trim with the tiffany, not sure what with the turquoise. But its very cute and everyone likes it!

Thats where we are with planning...o and I am so proud of myself. I am so determined to lose weight for the wedding and I began dieting and exercising on Jan 1st and since I have lost 8.6lbs! Woohoo!

Today I am just lounging around after my morning Disney dining escapade. I started a pot roast for tonight and plan on just watch wrestling with fiance. Only because The Rock is back and I just adore him :lovestruc. Seriously, when I was 16 I was fanatical, I even got to meet him. So thats the plan for tonight. Hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend...and to sleep in LOL.

Oh no! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience getting your ADRs! I had the same thing happen to me with the online system for our Janaury 2010 trip. I had no trouble with the ADR that was exactly 180 days away but all of the rest weren't working, so I feel your pain there! :headache: I'm glad you eventually got it all worked out, even though it did take forever! :sad2:

I love the BM dresses! I think the Tiffany color is beautiful, not green at all! :thumbsup2

I just subbed to your thread. I really enjoy reading and I like everything you've picked so far for your upcoming wedding. The BM dresses are so pretty!
Ya'll made a great choice choosing Teppan Edo for dinner one night, thats my fave place to eat at the World. Did you ever dine there before?

Well I'll be reading...btw your daughter is so cute! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter