• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I was at DL today - report BB

CaliforniaDreamer

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Traffic was bad coming from the north so didn't get to the ticket booth until close to 11. It appearred they only had two ticket buildings open so we had to wai in a slow-moving line for some 15-20 min (never did that before). A woman with a son in a wheelchair got behind us, not wanting to wait in line. The ticket gal told her she still had to wait in line. We left before a fight started. But once inside, we were told attendance was light and we could get a locker. Got my b-day sticker. Didn't have to explain my b-day was a few days ago but a family ER cancelled b-day DL trip. Almost all CM gave me pleasant "Happy B-day" except for Bob at Buzz Lightyear who couldn't even crack a smile. Don't need that kind of CM attitude even if it is a new and busy ride. Even CM passing you in a shop would wish the b-day, it's a nice custom.

Went to Star Tours and walked right on. My friend had never been to DL ever. Walked onto Pirates (probably 5 min from entrance to boat). Had PS at Blue B. Showed up 20 min early as requested and said we'd wait for a water table. CM was very friendly. About a 15 min wait at peak lunch time, only 2 other parties in the lobby. In spite of a request not to be by the kitchen they did put us right by a water/coffee bussing station in the center of the railing, not especially relaxing but it was by the water so we were happy. Problem with CM waiter, he was on break so another person apologized for making us wait and took our order. We didn't mind. When CM came on he didn't introduce himself so we were confused. He needed more experience. This was a light day but he wasn't relaxed or able to do the charm thing that we usually get there. But maybe with some experience... Vegetarian gumbo was excellent. I was stunned. Prime rib was very good, yorkshire pudding too dry. Three CM came for a very quick Happy B-day type song and a lovely mouse mousse. Meal for 1 soup, 2 entrees and 2 drinks was in the 40s and a $10 tip made it in the 50s.

Managed to also ride Buzz. Fun but recycle time of targets needs to be shorter. Also - when do they take the photo? We would have liked to have smiled! You can email the photo at the end of the ride.

Haunted Mansion - haven't been there in a couple of years and didn't know they made the medium's head float! Nice. Missed the Mickey ears plate setting. Pirates - the changes don't really play up the joke the way it did before. Friend wanted monorail but was disappointed you didn't see much from it. Did Snow White and a guy walked in through the exit to cut in the pretty short line to get behind us. I told the CM as we got in our car and at the very same time the guy decided to leave.

The park got more crowded after 3 - as if some people come after school? It was chilly, then warmish, then chilly. A long-sleeved turtleneck was good with a fleece jacket in the locker for later.

Mickey - if you looked at his house, it seemed like he was not in (in Toontown). But if you walked around the side, you could go inside his house which was really special. You keep going and finally you end up in a movie theatre and then you get to go and be with Mickey. One other party and they took a photo and a gal will also use your camera. 2 hours later you can pick up your photo on Main street (for something like $12+).

Saw the tail end of the Princess dance and also of Mickey and Minnie later on.

I've never been to DL when you could just walk on so many rides. Can't remember all we went on now. Our longest wait was Buzz (about 30 min) and the Storybook Ride (of all things). We were surprised the shops in NO closed at 7. Lots of restaurants also closed early. The advantage is that if you have your own snacks or have bought them from a stand, you can sit at a table anywhere (not at lunch though, but say after 3). Not enough stands - if you see popcorn and you want it, get it.

Got fun souvenirs in the gift shop in Adventureland - African hand drums for $10.
Main street - glad to see the movie theatre is still there.
Leaving was easy but as always there was one fight on the tram - some family couldn't all fit on the tram and they blamed a woman, we weren't sure why but they seemed pretty mad ( I tended to think they were right). Clean? DL was about what I remembered but Buzz had an overflowing trash can inside the first part - no reason for that.

Considering we had the Calif special where for $53 we got a pass to come back on another day to see CAdventure, this was a good day. I guess crowds are down because people are waiting for the May celebrations?
I suggest bringing a scarf or wool scarf because some rides are freezing (HM, PC). Bring those hand wipes. Have fun.

Seeing that cute photo reminded me - there were a lot of characters for such a light day. Walking around and posting for pics and giving autographs were Chip, Woody and the girl from Toy Story, Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter and Tweedledee and dum, Goofy, Eeyore and Tigger, Minnie in her house, Mickey of course, and Aladdin. This was without even trying to find them. Waits for all were short, like maybe 5 people deep except for Minnie, Mickey and the Pooh crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter