• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I was so lazy at school

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
And now I regret it. As it happens, I was OK with my exams, but there were plenty of tense moments in class when I was ill prepared for tests and so on. I always thought, "I'll just wing it" but as I'm sure you'll appreciate, I couldn't! If I was back in school, I'm sure I would have studied harder, but I guess that's all moot now.

And now I regret it. As it happens, I was OK with my exams, but there were plenty of tense moments in class when I was ill prepared for tests and so on. I always thought, "I'll just wing it" but as I'm sure you'll appreciate, I couldn't! If I was back in school, I'm sure I would have studied harder, but I guess that's all moot now.
You can’t go back and change the past, but if there are areas of study that you wish you were more proficient in, you can always opt for additional education (although it would be understandable if you needed a break after your hypnotherapy classes). Even of the classes aren’t for any kind of credit or certification, just having the increased knowledge is an accomplishment in and of itself. I have done adult education classes for both career and recreational subjects, and haven’t regretted a single one.

You can’t go back and change the past, but if there are areas of study that you wish you were more proficient in, you can always opt for additional education (although it would be understandable if you needed a break after your hypnotherapy classes). Even of the classes aren’t for any kind of credit or certification, just having the increased knowledge is an accomplishment in and of itself. I have done adult education classes for both career and recreational subjects, and haven’t regretted a single one.
I'm kinda answering for my sins with the Hypnotherapy course. I'm on the final module, but it's a beast. Probably a good thing - time to push myself!

Looking back, I could have put more effort in school. But at the same time, I'm not sure that effort would have benefited me in any way. I don't remember my mom pushing me to do better in school, but she would do what ever I needed to help me.......like all through elementary school our routine was her drilling me on my spelling words for the week while I ate breakfast. I do know my mom was NOT impressed with the public school system in the U.S. compared to what she experienced growing up in Canada. After the parent teacher conferences, she always felt my teachers were just calling it in.
When I hit College, my experience changed. I found that a good grade had no correlation to hard work, and how much I learned. The lowest grade I got in College was in Economics. I worked harder in that class and learned more than any other class in College. I felt like I had missed a prerequisite class because my classmates seem to enter that class with far more knowledge on economics that I had.

I was probably considered lazy back then, because I didn't really apply myself like some of my friends did. But in hindsight, I did really struggled with even the most basic math. I remember feeling embarrassed and frustrated (and disappointed in myself) all the time, and withdrew quite a bit. In fact, I did so poorly in math that it almost cost me my graduation. Looking back, and after speaking to a doctor, I think I probably suffered from dyslexia that simply wasn't diagnosed back in those days. Today, I probably would have been eligible for some assistance.

And surprisingly I did very well in almost every other course.

I was one of those smart kids who was also lazy. I didn't apply myself and largely didn't have to. It came easily enough, and if I liked a class it was an A for sure, but I was plenty happy to take a B or even a C if I really didn't care about it. I could have done better, but I'd rather play video games!

I was in that group of kids that would figure out how to use our TI-88 calculators to cheat. Not that we needed to cheat - it was more the challenge of doing it. I guess we were applying ourselves, but in a different way than the academics would reflect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter