I Went Running and Racing...and Boozing and Freezing!

What, you didn't study the maps beforehand? :rotfl2:
I know, right!? What's wrong with me!?

I didn't know about this either last time we were there. I guess I need to go back. ::yes::
You totally need to go back!! :)

Oh no! I haven't done the Jurassic Park ride because it's been chilly both times I was there. I'm guessing there were lots of Dinosaurs jumping out at you? Maybe like a cross between Dinosaur and Splash Mountain?
The boat ride itself is pretty tame, just looking around at dinosaur enclosures, and then the dinos have escaped, so the scenes are a little more chaotic....it's the gigantic hill climbing in the dark with scary music leading up to the insanely high drop and gigantic T-Rex head in your face that were the problem LOL

I love the hotel here! It was still under construction when Jim and I went a few years ago.
You MUST go back!! Jim will love it, even if you don't go to the park again!

After being on vacation and working a ton, I am finally trying to catch up on some trip reports!

Do you guys plan on going back to HH next summer? We are going to try and get the same condo we had last year. It was in a great location and super clean. We are thinking about maybe going back in August.

Your Universal trip looked so fun. It seemed like very low crowds, which kind of surprises me for a summer trip. Legoland looks fun too, but by the time it was on my radar, my DS had kind of moved past the Lego phase :sad1: I still have ten million sets in bins in the basement…not really sure why I save them, but I just can't get rid of them since he loved them so much :love:

What are you guys planning for next summer? It's going to be hard to top this trip!

Do you guys plan on going back to HH next summer?
I would love to, but not sure it's in the cards! I think our summer will be more low key (definitely more low key than this one!!!!) since we are saving away for a cruise next year!

Your Universal trip looked so fun. It seemed like very low crowds, which kind of surprises me for a summer trip. Legoland looks fun too, but by the time it was on my radar, my DS had kind of moved past the Lego phase :sad1: I still have ten million sets in bins in the basement…not really sure why I save them, but I just can't get rid of them since he loved them so much :love:
I was pretty surprised, too. It definitely seemed like not enough people are taking advantage of that early morning extra hour, but we sure did!! It was much heavier crowds in the afternoon.

Rob and I would definitely stay at the Lego hotel again, but the theme park is a bit more suited to little ones. Even Jimmy was kind of big for a lot of it.

I saw that in your signature, how exciting! What ship will you be on? We are going on the Fantasy in April which will complete our Grand Slam…at least until the new ships arrive!
I'm super excited about it!! We've only ever sailed on the Wonder before (way back in 2000 and 2006!), so being on the Dream will be incredible!! I'm already thinking ahead about doing a placeholder. I don't even know when the next time we'd cruise will be, but I already know I want to do it again :)

June 25, 2018

We were up bright and early this morning for our first day at Legoland Park! We started out with breakfast in Bricks Family Restaurant where we got to meet Jimmy’s new pal, Knight Light, and the Lifeguard Lego on our way back to our room.
20180625_065533 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
20180625_071020 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We headed out and walked the 100-ish steps over to the main gate of Legoland. That was a really nice perk of staying right here at the Legoland hotel!!
20180625_141700 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I had read up a little beforehand and it sounded like the best plan of attack was to head toward the back of the park first and work our way back out. Driving School was our first stop!
20180625_090514 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

This was when I realized that people aren’t kidding when they say Legoland is for little kids!! They advertise for up to age 12, but I’m thinking Jimmy was the perfect age and will probably be “too big” to do this again….though I may want to visit Brick World from the Lego movie when it eventually opens. We shall see!
20180625_090419 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
20180625_093132 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Anyway, we discovered the Ninjago ride, and Jimmy became obsessed, so he and Rob went on it over and over. Once was enough for me!
20180625_095720 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Of course, my son (and husband!) would find the video games, even on vacation and in a theme park! My own little Batman and Robin duo.
20180625_100815 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180625_100824 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180625_101148 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Another priority for me during our visit was to see the water ski show and walkthrough of the original Cypress Gardens that was located here before Legoland. It was hoakey, but a lot of fun and reminded me of the Tommy Bartlett Ski, Sky and Stage Show in the Wisconsin Dells, which I saw with my family countless times growing up!
20180625_111755 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180625_115103 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We met Emmet after having a quick pizza lunch (another buffet!), and then headed over for an opportunity to build our own people, who would be added to the exhibits in Miniland USA! Jimmy wanted to make his look like the Hulk, and was really excited that he found a “fat belly.”
20180625_122627 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180625_131308(0) by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We checked out the Star Wars area of Miniland, Rob & Jimmy went on a safari (I love this picture of them!), and Jimmy did the Royal Joust! He got to cut the line and ride a second time because the host caught sight of his birthday button. He was on top of the world!
20180625_132018 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180625_133537 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180625_135741 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We decided to make our way back to the hotel for a swim (spoiled before long by another thunderstorm passing through!)
20180625_171847 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

At night, Jimmy got to participate in his first Lego Master Builder class.
20180625_180628 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180625_184331 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Before heading back to our room for the night, he got to meet a Lego Adventurer…who had a name, but now I can’t remember it!
20180625_190125 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Before bed, I saw this posted on Facebook, and I thought it was so perfect. This is exactly why we took this amazing vacation over the summer. Rob and I both worked two jobs for the first six years of Jimmy’s life, and I still do! There’s always time to make more money, but I wanted to spend this summer making MEMORIES instead, and boy did we succeed!
FB_IMG_1529925187798 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

June 26, 2018

Today, we planned to check out the Legoland Water Park after breakfast with a new friend!
20180626_070423 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Now, we have visited the Water Park Capital of the World (aka the Wisconsin Dells) more times than I can count, so by comparison, LWP is really tiny; however, we had a great time! Jimmy really enjoyed the 7 slides that were part of this set up:
20180626_094559 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180626_094717 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I didn't carry my phone or camera around with us, so sadly these are the only water park pics I have from our time there, but we did spend about 4 hours at the water park.

After our water fun, we had to walk back through Legoland Park to get back to the hotel, so we made a couple of stops at some of Jimmy’s favorites from yesterday, and checked in with Master Wu near the Ninjago ride.
20180626_131208 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180626_134545 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180626_135133 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

That night, Jimmy did another Master Builders class, while Rob and I enjoyed a drink at the Skyline bar. He built some "transformers" during that night’s challenge build….shh, we let him take them home instead of returning them to the Lego pit in the lobby.
20180626_185926 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180626_190229 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Another storm passed through late that afternoon, but we got this beautiful rainbow!
20180626_191037 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180626_191947 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Rob took another trip to Publix and I jumped in the shower. While I was in there, the boys had concocted a plan, and Jimmy handed this to me when I came out of the bathroom.
20180626_194803 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Hi Jackie!
I just found this summer trip and read through, Jimmy is the cutest little guy, the beach, US, and Legoland look like such fun spots for you all! Sorry Jimmy didn’t like the JP ride, I still haven’t done it. Love the HP areas so much fun!

I have only done The Mummy once, that one scares me!

How exciting to have a few days at Disney, excited to hear about it!

This was when I realized that people aren’t kidding when they say Legoland is for little kids!! They advertise for up to age 12, but I’m thinking Jimmy was the perfect age and will probably be “too big” to do this again….though I may want to visit Brick World from the Lego movie when it eventually opens. We shall see!

You had great timing!!! Glad you didn't miss out on taking Jimmy when he would still appreciate it, but I can definitely see what you mean about the little kid vibe.

Another priority for me during our visit was to see the water ski show and walkthrough of the original Cypress Gardens that was located here before Legoland. It was hoakey, but a lot of fun and reminded me of the Tommy Bartlett Ski, Sky and Stage Show in the Wisconsin Dells, which I saw with my family countless times growing up!

This is cool!! :-)

30014288667_4d982b9407_z.jpg

How cool is that?! I love that they give Jimmy a little extra love for his birthday, too!

Before bed, I saw this posted on Facebook, and I thought it was so perfect. This is exactly why we took this amazing vacation over the summer. Rob and I both worked two jobs for the first six years of Jimmy’s life, and I still do! There’s always time to make more money, but I wanted to spend this summer making MEMORIES instead, and boy did we succeed!

That's so perfect. Time goes so fast, and I can only imagine how much more so when you have kids. Good for you for making the most of it with your family!

Rob took another trip to Publix and I jumped in the shower. While I was in there, the boys had concocted a plan, and Jimmy handed this to me when I came out of the bathroom.

:hyper::hyper: Yay!!!!

Looks like you guys had a blast at Legoland!

I love this, but speaking from personal knowledge, you really only get 15 summers :sad1: Once they start working, your carefree summer days are gone.

How sweet!

I love this, but speaking from personal knowledge, you really only get 15 summers :sad1: Once they start working, your carefree summer days are gone.
I know :( sad, but true! But, my Mom told me to think of it like she does. I'm 36 and she still gets a summer vacation with me to look forward to :)

Just went back and caught up reading all your TR. Thanks for sharing so much about the races...I'm nervous and excited about my first Disney race in Feb...I can't believe how early you had to get up!! Ugh...that part I'm not so much looking forward to...but the rest looked amazing!!

Just went back and caught up reading all your TR. Thanks for sharing so much about the races...I'm nervous and excited about my first Disney race in Feb...I can't believe how early you had to get up!! Ugh...that part I'm not so much looking forward to...but the rest looked amazing!!
My husband and I run a lot of 5Ks throughout the year, but I was more nervous for these races than ever!!! Getting up early wasn't actually too tough because my adrenaline was seriously pumping. Once I got into my corral, I felt much more at ease and found that Disney runners are the friendliest people out there. I'm sure you will do great!! Just get out there and soak up every bit of magic on the course.

My husband and I run a lot of 5Ks throughout the year, but I was more nervous for these races than ever!!!

That makes me feel better! I'm no stranger to races in general, but Disney has always been on my race bucket list - this is the first time I've been able to get to the area at the right time!! I have a knee injury so I will probably be mostly walking anyway, but I want to try to get some good pics in!!!

We went to Cypress Gardens when I was a kid. I remember it being boring! Ha! But I def remember the water sking show!

YES!!!! I am sure we have said this before but I try to remember this all the time!!! Before long they will be gone! But I do think my girls will always want to go with us to Disney. We have brain washed them well!

Love the double sun glasses.

So cute!!!!

I am sure we have said this before but I try to remember this all the time!!! Before long they will be gone! But I do think my girls will always want to go with us to Disney. We have brain washed them well!
I feel like Jimmy will always love Disney World, too. Brain washing at Disney is my specialty LOL I hope his wife or husband falls in line when that time comes!

Love the double sun glasses.
Ha! I had to look at the pic again :) I'm wearing Jimmy's on my head while he was in the ride with Rob!

I was only one update behind on your TR!

we got to meet Jimmy’s new pal, Knight Light, and the Lifeguard Lego on our way back to our room.

Sadly, Jim didn't want to do any of the meet and greets when we were there. I have no idea why since he loves them so much.

We headed out and walked the 100-ish steps over to the main gate of Legoland. That was a really nice perk of staying right here at the Legoland hotel!!

This is just awesome! We stayed near Sea World so we had an hour drive the day we went. It wasn't too bad though because the park didn't open till 10 am.

Driving School was our first stop!

Jim really wanted to do this but like you said, lots of age limits there. :sad1:

Anyway, we discovered the Ninjago ride, and Jimmy became obsessed, so he and Rob went on it over and over.

Was that the water ride? We skipped it because you know how I am about water rides. :rotfl2:Plus we were there in January which was much cooler.

It was hoakey, but a lot of fun

That's pretty much the perfect description for that show.

At night, Jimmy got to participate in his first Lego Master Builder class.

That looks like fun, I love his dragonfly!

Legoland Water Park

Closed while we were there but I don't think we would have gone anyways.

Jimmy really enjoyed the 7 slides that were part of this set up:

And that's all that counts, right? ::yes::

While I was in there, the boys had concocted a plan, and Jimmy handed this to me when I came out of the bathroom.

Awwww, this is so sweet!

You couldn't fall too far behind because I've been stuck at a standstill here trying to figure out my picture issue with Flickr. I tried just uploading straight into the updates, but then a bunch of my pics were too big. Ugh. I'm hopeless!! Hopefully I'll be able to sort things out, so I can wrap it up here!!

Sadly, Jim didn't want to do any of the meet and greets when we were there. I have no idea why since he loves them so much.
The best part of all is when the photographer suggests you make "LEGO hands" so you pose making 'C's with your hands. LOL

Was that the water ride?
The Ninjago ride was right up your alley!! Sort of Buzz Lightyear-esque, but instead of having a laser, you have to use your hands to sort of karate chop these things that are flying all around :) Once was enough for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!