I will never again rent a golf cart from Kenny's Tee Time Rental

JENR

Disney Addict
I had the worst experience with Kenny's. We were staying at the Fort for 16 days so I looked outside of Disney for a rental. I read reviews and decided to rent from Kenny's. I booked my dates and they took my deposit of $105. A few days before we were to pick up the cart I received a text from Kelly (which was professional the entire time so I have nothing bad to say about her. She tried to help me the entire time but her hands are tied) She told me to meet them at Crossroads at 11:00 to pick up the cart, which is about 15 minutes away and I was told a mile). We drove all night so we got in at 5 a.m. got up and went to Alamo to Rent a truck so I could pick up this cart. We rush over to meet them at 11 and no one is there. We waited about 20 minutes and still no one. I texted Kelly and she said that the cart was at a site (across from mine) and to pick it up there. I was never told of this change. So we drive back to fort to get the cart from another site. Then I notice that not only was I charged my deposit but also the full amount of the reservation. So I called Kelly to tell her I was overcharged. She said it will be credit back immediately. We started having issues with the cart immediately. The brakes were dragging and the steering was horrible and the roof was falling off. We called them about the brakes bc we could not drive the cart unless my husband went under the cart and manually unlocked the brakes. It took Kenny a day to get back to me and then another day to send someone out. The guy said he fixed them the best he could but it needed to come back to the shop and be repaired; however, they had no available carts so we had to keep this one. Well 2 days later, same thing. We called Kenny and again it took him a day to get back to us. He said the next day he would switch it out. Well Sunday came and went and nothing. I called again and nothing. Finally Monday afternoon they brought us a new cart. I was told by Kelly that I would be credited back 3 days of my reservation. I never received the credit or the deposit credited back. I called Kelly and she said she told him again. Well, still nothing. It's been 16 days and my deposit still not credited back and over a week and still not credit back for the days I could not use the cart. I will never deal with this company again. I own a business and I understand being busy but this is not acceptable. Save yourself the trouble and rent from Disney. I will from now on.

I hate you had such a bad experience. Mostly hate that it probably took from your enjoyment of vacation.

I've rented from Kenny for extended periods on three occasions and had a great experience each time. So it's especially bad for me to hear someone else had terrible experience. Disney would be an ideal option each time, but their massive expensive rental fees make it difficult for many to use them, but I could see where you would use them based on such an experience.

I will echo Tiggerdad's sentiments and comments. We are back just over 10 days from an extended stay at Ft W and rented from Kenny the entire trip. We have been using Kenny and his service since 2011 and have had great experiences every time. In 2015 we had Tiggerdad's favorite cart and while it was a high performance cart the jarring start was leaving my wife uncomfortable. Kenny swapped us into another cart the next day. This year the first cart we had started to exhibit problems and we contacted him. His mechanic was there the next day and ran his diagnostics and made appropriate adjustments. When the controller unit died 2 days later rendering the cart inoperable he sent his Mechanic back out within hours and had us in a new cart the next day. We made our reservations for another cart for next year before we left

For years, Kenny was the ONLY serious alternative to paying Disney golf cart rates. There has been another company come up recently, Golf Cart Rentals Orlando, that could also be a contender. (never used them, have used Kenny and Disney).

OP, you aren't the first person to complain about Kenny. However, I also know when I shop on-line, that few vendors have a 100.0000% satisfaction rating. As long as past customers give honest reviews, we can all make our buying decisions.

Bama Ed

I can’t imagine they don’t keep an extra cart or two on hand for issues such as this - how frustrating and the lack of communication. Thanks for sharing your experience and hope it didn’t ruin your trip to much!

Why have you not just disputed the charge on your credit card? That should get their attention.

I am sorry to hear that. We were repeat customers of Kenny going back several years, but had too many issues with the last rental.

Now we just rent directly from Disney or haul our own. A camper onsite gave us the number to someone else, but I lost it.

I hope you get your money back. We waited 2 months and got shorted $70.

Why have you not just disputed the charge on your credit card? That should get their attention.
I called him on Friday after the cart was picked up and told him that if it wasn't done I was going to dispute the charge. By the end of the day, he sent me an email with the receipt showing he credit my card.

I am sorry to hear that. We were repeat customers of Kenny going back several years, but had too many issues with the last rental.

Sadly, this is something I've seen more and more over the past couple of years. We've used KTT with no problems, and were more than happy (and much prefer their carts to the extremely slow ones that FW rents at twice the price). That said, more and more they seem to be having issues with carts breaking down and they don't keep back-ups to resolve issues. Hopefully he starts investing in some upgraded inventory to resolve this moving forward!

I emailed them last May for prices for 2 carts for 8 days. Kelly emailed me back the prices. The problem is they take a 20% nonrefundable deposit upfront. So, I was like hmmmm things could change so I will wait. I then emailed KTT back this January to confirm prices and to go ahead and reserve for December and their prices went up like 25% (for 8 days $280 to $360). So I contacted the Golf Cart Orlando Rental place and the prices were better than KTT. Plus they do not charge you upfront and they will do a full refund a week out if needed. That made me feel better. I was able to reserve 2 carts with a credit card on file to hold.
I have used KTT before with no issues. I wonder if your cart needed to go back, I guess you would have to again drive and meet them somewhere to exchange? That would be a pain.

Sorry you had a tough go of it. Something like that can always put a damper on your vacation that's for sure.

.... She told me to meet them at Crossroads at 11:00 to pick up the cart, which is about 15 minutes away and I was told a mile)

I know you won't be renting from him again but as an FYI for others it's Disney rules that state off site cart rentals must be picked up no closer than 1 mile from Disney property, not 1 mile from the Fort. Disney Property in the are of the Fort stretches all the way to Rte 535 on Vista Blvd. From there the closest place to get the cart is around the intersection of Wintergarden Vineland Rd and S Appoka Vineland Rd in the LBV area. The times I have rented from them they have been very clear about this.

Also unless things have changed Kenny's will let you use their truck and trailer to bring the cart to/from. It's about a $8 to 10 Uber/Lyft each way from the Fort to LBV.

I emailed them last May for prices for 2 carts for 8 days. Kelly emailed me back the prices. The problem is they take a 20% nonrefundable deposit upfront. So, I was like hmmmm things could change so I will wait. I then emailed KTT back this January to confirm prices and to go ahead and reserve for December and their prices went up like 25% (for 8 days $280 to $360). So I contacted the Golf Cart Orlando Rental place and the prices were better than KTT. Plus they do not charge you upfront and they will do a full refund a week out if needed. That made me feel better. I was able to reserve 2 carts with a credit card on file to hold.
I have used KTT before with no issues. I wonder if your cart needed to go back, I guess you would have to again drive and meet them somewhere to exchange? That would be a pain.
I had the same experience. I’d been in contact with Kelly since last summer. She assured me that the cart wouldn’t sell out before January, so I could wait til after the holidays to put the deposit down. When I contacted her to give the deposit the cost went up considerably. So I went with Golf Cart Orlando also.

The 2nd time I contacted TT I ended up calling and talking with Kelly. She said he had not raised his prices in 10 years or so. That is probably not a good move. I understand needing to raise the price but a gradual increase would have not been such a shock and run off customers. Also, maybe the increases sooner would have allowed him to invest in the golf carts more. I don't expect them to honor an email quote from May 2018 to Jan 2019. The reason I even reached out in January is because I assumed it might have went up but I did not expect that much of a jump. We were budgeting our trip and trying to figure out if we wanted 2 carts, 1 6 passenger, just rent from the Fort, etc.. It through me back into trying to figure again. He could just be tired of dealing with Disney and carts at the Fort.

Sadly, this is something I've seen more and more over the past couple of years. We've used KTT with no problems, and were more than happy (and much prefer their carts to the extremely slow ones that FW rents at twice the price). That said, more and more they seem to be having issues with carts breaking down and they don't keep back-ups to resolve issues. Hopefully he starts investing in some upgraded inventory to resolve this moving forward!

Our issue was from 2015, so it doesn’t appear anything has changed.

The 3rd mechanic said we were performing witchcraft on the cart. I told him the prior site/renter warned us that it wasn’t holding a charge. He ended up fessing that Kenny doesn’t maintenance his carts properly and just continues renting them and sending repair guys out. It’s true. After 3 repairs, it still never worked right. Instead of having the cart hauled in, Kelly asked us to take it to another site/renter.

Several years ago, after using TT several times, I didn’t have a good experience and posted about it here. Kenny figures out who I was AND CALLED ME. It was not a good conversation.

I never used them again. I paid Disney prices for a cart when I wanted one.

I've used KTT once, and once only, back when they delivered to FW. All I can add is "you get what you pay for". when our Disney cart was having a bad day, it was replaced within a 1/2 hour, woo, right back on vacation, no drama

I reserved a 4 seater and a 6 seater from Mark Simmonds The Golf Cart Company for Dec 14-22, 2019.
I did not have to put a deposit down but I did have to include a credit card to hold. I can cancel up to one week out. If I cancel after the one week out it is $25. The price for the 4 seater for 8 days is $304.95 and the 6 seater is $411.95. This was less than TT's new prices but more than TT's old prices. Plus, my deposit would not be refunded with TT and with The Golf Cart Co. I am not obligated. We want the carts for sure but you never know if my parents should get sick etc..

I sure hope The Golf Cart Co. has quality carts. It is saving us about $200 for each cart over Disney prices.

I just wanted to provide this information in case anyone is looking to rent on the outside.

Carrie

Another reason I'm considering a toyhauler for my next camper. I can bring my own cart if I go to Disney.

Another reason I'm considering a toyhauler for my next camper. I can bring my own cart if I go to Disney.

Same here tiggerdad! We out grew and out aged our travel trailer. We are trying to get a couple of kiddos out of college and then we will seriously look at toy haulers. A used golf cart is not that expensive and it is hard to pay X number of dollars to rent when it could go toward owning one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts