Iceland Wrap-up

Hot water in the showers definitely didn't smell. The guides did have a case of water bottles under the bus just in case they were needed, but Iceland is definitely very 'green' and they wanted you to use the reusable ones. We all pretty much left them on the bus during the day - with the exception of the glacier hike, there aren't any activities that are long enough where you would need to carry them with you.

Hot water in the showers definitely didn't smell. The guides did have a case of water bottles under the bus just in case they were needed, but Iceland is definitely very 'green' and they wanted you to use the reusable ones. We all pretty much left them on the bus during the day - with the exception of the glacier hike, there aren't any activities that are long enough where you would need to carry them with you.
Thanks, that's all good to know. When I was there in 2015, I rented an apartment, so maybe they used the thermal water directly rather than the systems that use the thermal water to heat the cold water. The Guide I used at that time said most use the thermal water directly, because it's cheaper. But it has been 3 years, and I imagine the hotels use the indirect systems even if they're a bit more expensive.

And about the water bottles, I *always* carry a water bottle with me, even at home. I dehydrate really easily. But it's good to know they do have some bottled water. So if I lose my re-usable water bottle, I have been known to re-use a disposable water bottle for several weeks. :)

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter