ID for cocktails on property?

It should be. It's accepted as the sole form of identification for the I-9 form. A license requires an additional document.

It seems a little sketchy that people can just carry around a Xeroxed page from their passport and use it as legal ID. I definitely learned something new today.

No. Your Magic Band in no way proves you are you.

It should be. It's accepted as the sole form of identification for the I-9 form. A license requires an additional document.
A copy of a passport isn’t accepted for an I-9. You need to produce the actual passport, the employer verifies it and then keeps a copy for their records. If you just showed up at a new job with a copy of your passport it would (should) not be accepted as valid id.

As someone who spent a lot of time in the States pre-immigrant status without a drivers licence, I had to use my passport for ID, meaning the original as a copy was never accepted anywhere. Vegas is a good example, I had to show my passport whenever I used my credit card, even when buying coffee in the mornings. I was used to carrying it round as it was a legal requirement in the country I had lived in before I moved to the USA, but it is still weird for a Brit where you're not required to carry formal ID at all.

As a 43 year old who looks her age, I got carded several times in WDW earlier this year, mostly in Epcot.

What kind of identification do I need to supply if I wish to enjoy an alcoholic beverage during my visit?

A.

Alcoholic beverages can be purchased at Walt Disney World Resort by all Guests 21 years of age or older.

Any Guest who wishes to purchase an alcoholic beverage at any site in the state of Florida—including Walt Disney World Resort and Disney’s Vero Beach Resort—must present one of the following valid forms of identification:

• U.S. state driver’s license (includes U.S. territories*)
  • U.S. state ID (includes U.S. territories*)
  • U.S. military ID
  • Original passport
  • Copy of passport (either on paper or captured on a mobile device), along with a government-issued photo ID** that can verify the person and birth date shown on the copy
  • NEXUS card issued by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (Canadian Guests only)
Please note: All Guests visiting from outside of the United States are required to present both a valid passport as well as another form of government-issued photo ID from their country of origin.

For all questions concerning our identification requirements, please call (407) 939-6244. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

*U.S. territories include Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands and American Samoa.

^ THIS

In OP's case the question is whether the damaged ID will stand with the copy of the passport. I don't know.

To all who are not carded .....
..... FL law requires that Disney card, I've been carded and far from looking too young. They should card everyone.

Be prepared to be carded at all times.

More than once I have seen internationals try to buy with an ID and be told it could not be accepted they had to go get their passport.

As a side note .... at Kissimmee Walmart when I was buying beer for our condo, they also asked my DS for his ID. He was over 21 but barely and luckily had ID. Now if we stop and he doesn't have his ID with him he walks away when I check out. Dumb but I guess some stores have problems with adults buying for kids.

thanks to everyone for your replies, especially those with first hand experience and those that understood what i was asking was based on actual experience :)

(and to the person who asked, the half sheet of paper is actually 3 stapled pieces of paper, and my wallet is the size of a single credit card, so yeah it is a problem because the piece actually wont fit in my wallet, but thanks for the suggestion.)

also i should clarify - the worrying about it being rejected in bars thing is extending beyond worry in WDW as my trip isnt 100% taking place in WDW...you all have my feeling pretty good about my time at disney. the rest of my time in florida..im not as confident! but i have absolutely had bars in the US reject passports as ID before. several times.

purchasing drinks with the damaged license as long as i had my temporary papers with me. Im not thrilled about having to carry PAPER around with me in florida but she seemed pretty confident. I cant imagine pulling this out at a food and wine booth, let alone in the rain - does anyone have any first hand experience with this?

Count me as another one that doesn't like carrying my passport unless absolutely necessary. There's just too much hassle to try to replace it if something happens to it.

If you're worried about the PAPER getting messed up throughout the week, why not put the paper in a ziplock bag and stick it in your pocket? Fold it so the info can be seen without having to open the bag and you'll be fine.

In Florida you are required to card if the customer APPEARS to be younger than 35. Of course that is subjective.

^ THIS

In OP's case the question is whether the damaged ID will stand with the copy of the passport. I don't know.

To all who are not carded .....
..... FL law requires that Disney card, I've been carded and far from looking too young. They should card everyone.

Be prepared to be carded at all times.

More than once I have seen internationals try to buy with an ID and be told it could not be accepted they had to go get their passport.

As a side note .... at Kissimmee Walmart when I was buying beer for our condo, they also asked my DS for his ID. He was over 21 but barely and luckily had ID. Now if we stop and he doesn't have his ID with him he walks away when I check out. Dumb but I guess some stores have problems with adults buying for kids.

also i should clarify - the worrying about it being rejected in bars thing is extending beyond worry in WDW as my trip isnt 100% taking place in WDW...you all have my feeling pretty good about my time at disney. the rest of my time in florida..im not as confident! but i have absolutely had bars in the US reject passports as ID before. several times.

Laws vary by where you go. Florida law is stated above, it's very clear.

In Florida you are required to card if the customer APPEARS to be younger than 35. Of course that is subjective.

I find nothing in the law about age 35, just the word "prudent" .... completely subjective, likely not protective of a server.

I am in FL part time and I am carded all the time even though I am clearly of age. As a server, for their own protection, they should card. That would be the only black and white protection they have from being charged.

And bottom line, if you want to drink then bring your proper identification.

ID is important for many reasons, not just buying alcohol.

::yes:: I am TIPS certified, and we can't sell you alcohol if we saw you earlier with persons who appear underage.

TSA may give me a hard time using the punched hole and my temporary license (a half sheet piece of paper), but should accept it.

FWIW, you can still fly domestically with NO ID. It’s how my dad flies.

So they might not like the now-invalid license, but they’d still let you through with some talking. For now.

purchasing drinks with the damaged license as long as i had my temporary papers with me.

Don’t trust a phone rep.

I know bars frequently reject passports for drinking age verification

That’s ridiculous. Passport is THE ID. It’s the best there is.

I personally would doubt it, especially outside of their own state.

but i have absolutely had bars in the US reject passports as ID before. several times.

I would take that further. It’s nonsense of them to reject a passport.

::yes:: I am TIPS certified, and we can't sell you alcohol if we saw you earlier with persons who appear underage.

How does one shop with one’s children, then?

What kind of identification do I need to supply if I wish to enjoy an alcoholic beverage during my visit?

A.

Alcoholic beverages can be purchased at Walt Disney World Resort by all Guests 21 years of age or older.

Any Guest who wishes to purchase an alcoholic beverage at any site in the state of Florida—including Walt Disney World Resort and Disney’s Vero Beach Resort—must present one of the following valid forms of identification:

• U.S. state driver’s license (includes U.S. territories*)
  • U.S. state ID (includes U.S. territories*)
  • U.S. military ID
  • Original passport
  • Copy of passport (either on paper or captured on a mobile device), along with a government-issued photo ID** that can verify the person and birth date shown on the copy
  • NEXUS card issued by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (Canadian Guests only)
Please note: All Guests visiting from outside of the United States are required to present both a valid passport as well as another form of government-issued photo ID from their country of origin.

For all questions concerning our identification requirements, please call (407) 939-6244. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

*U.S. territories include Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands and American Samoa.

Hi, can you tell me where on the Disney website is this posted? I'm in something of the same situation as the original poster & am now starting to worry as well. TIA!

No. Your Magic Band in no way proves you are you.....
I just saw staff at Amorette’s refuse service this week to someone who did not have her passport. She was not a US citizen and tried to show her ID and asked them to scan her magic band as proof of age and Amorette’s staff couldn’t not use either.

OP I know your situation is different, but I’m throwing this out there for people who don’t believe how Disney cards. All of my adult children ages 21-29 get carded each time. As a woman of a certain age (ahem!) I don’t get carded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter