Ideas for a non park day- 8 hrs to fill in Orlando

Minnie368

DIS Veteran
We have a day to spend in Orlando in April after we get off the cruise ship- so probably from 9am till around 4pm when we have to head to the airport. We’re looking for some things to do outside the parks because it’s definitely not worth the cost of one-day tickets. We love Winter Summerland mini golf so I think we’ll do that for sure. We were thinking of late lunch at Beaches and Cream and wondering if there’s anything to do along the Boardwalk at that time of day? Honestly with 10+ trips to WDW that is an area we’ve never been to. I really am not interested in Disney Springs. Been there done that and now that Quest is gone (yes my family loved Quest) I can take it or leave it. I’ve seen people mention resort hopping- but what do you actually do when you get there? Just look around? Any other ideas?

This past summer, we played Congo River Golf and enjoyed it quite a bit. We also spent some time wandering about some of the shops on 192, and International Drive. Celebration is a beautiful place, with shops and restaurants that could be fun to check out.

Although the Boardwalk area is really attractive & worth a short visit, there's really not much to do. It's not like a "real" boardwalk where you could easily spend a day.

Rather than come all the way into WDW then back to the airport, why not spend the day at Kennedy Space Center?

Rather than come all the way into WDW then back to the airport, why not spend the day at Kennedy Space Center?

I’ve considered that. My kids just don’t seem very interested in it. Maybe I need to have them look up some info online and they might change their minds.

Here is an Idea.

Leave the Cruise Terminal & drive to " Christmas " on Hwy 50

Visit the Replica Army Fort ( Fort Christmas ) & then head a short distance Back to

Midway Airboat Rides , a very good 90 min airboat ride . ( On the Hwy 50 near Titisville )

Then return to MCO .

There's is a lot to do, I am assuming that you will have a car. My first thought would be to head over to Kennedy Space center, and spend the day. You could head into Cocoa beach and check out Ron Jon's, and the beach and pier. or head back into Orlando hit the outlet mall or the Mall of Millennia, lots of spots to eat around the mall. I-drive has mini golf, all over.

For us we would head for Disney Springs, go to a movie or bowling there, lots of options to grab a bite to eat.

FYI. The movie theater prices in Disney Springs are only $5.75 for movies before 11:59am. Great theater!

We chose to go to POR and rented surrey bikes followed by cane pole fishing. Mostly because each kid was fascinated by each activity and it was a big highlight for them. I looked into other things to do in Orlando but we ended up just wanting to hang out on Disney property.

We chose to go to POR and rented surrey bikes followed by cane pole fishing. Mostly because each kid was fascinated by each activity and it was a big highlight for them. I looked into other things to do in Orlando but we ended up just wanting to hang out on Disney property.

After discussing options with my family I think we’re with you. They just want to be at Disney. We’re going to minigolf and just may take your advice and go to POR. Thanks to everyone who gave such great ideas!

How about a swamp tour? Our kids are pretty excited about doing this when we go next summer.

I was actually thinking about a swamp tour. DH and I did one in New Orleans but my kids have never done one. It was a blast!

I am always looking for a different place to try - Can you tell me what you do in Winter Park ?? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter