Ideas for dinner (non park night)

Thank you everyone for all the great ideas! The girls and I talked, and I was pleasantly surprised to have my 12 and almost 15 year old very excited about doing a character meal! They said it would be such a fun throwback and feel like they were little again. So I showed them Goofy and Mickey’s dinners. They decided to do Mickey’s at Storytellers.

Thank you again! Hopefully others get some ideas for this. I didn’t find much on the new version of dinner at Storytellers (we went so many times before it was a character dinner) so I will try to take pics and share my thoughts after.

I know I'm late to the party but we have eaten several times at the outdoor area of the bowling alley... the name of which escapes me at the moment. Lots of people watching, of course, and sometimes live music.

I thought Mickey was only at Storytellers for breakfast/brunch. I could be wrong but I think Goofy’s is the only character dinner.
I think this is true. Last I heard, there were no characters at Storytellers for dinner.

ETA: I confirmed via the website that there are indeed no characters at dinner. Looks like Goofy's is the only dinner character option. Here is the blurb:

Dinner Is Served
Feast on fantastic fare that celebrates the art of storytelling! The innovative cuisine at the expansive all-you-care-to-enjoy dinner buffet is sure to entertain the most discerning taste buds with Pulitzer-worthy flavors.

Delicious dishes include the flatbread of the day, roasted chicken, seasonal fish, a rotating chef’s selection of small plates and much more. Enjoy savory selections from the pasta station or succulent prime rib from the carving station. Plus, be sure to try the spectacular seasonal soup.

Options for the kiddos include delectable chicken fingers, the fish of the day and assorted flatbreads.

Disney Characters do not appear during dinner—but check out breakfast and brunch to mingle with Mickey Mouse and his pals.

Last edited:
I know I'm late to the party but we have eaten several times at the outdoor area of the bowling alley... the name of which escapes me at the moment. Lots of people watching, of course, and sometimes live music.

Yes, my family really enjoys Splitsville as well. They have some refreshing options when it’s warm out that I enjoy. Their sushi is decent, and I really like their poke bowl 😋

I think this is true. Last I heard, there were no characters at Storytellers for dinner.

ETA: I confirmed via the website that there are indeed no characters at dinner. Looks like Goofy's is the only dinner character option. Here is the blurb:

Dinner Is Served
Feast on fantastic fare that celebrates the art of storytelling! The innovative cuisine at the expansive all-you-care-to-enjoy dinner buffet is sure to entertain the most discerning taste buds with Pulitzer-worthy flavors.

Delicious dishes include the flatbread of the day, roasted chicken, seasonal fish, a rotating chef’s selection of small plates and much more. Enjoy savory selections from the pasta station or succulent prime rib from the carving station. Plus, be sure to try the spectacular seasonal soup.

Options for the kiddos include delectable chicken fingers, the fish of the day and assorted flatbreads.

Disney Characters do not appear during dinner—but check out breakfast and brunch to mingle with Mickey Mouse and his pals.
Correct, I was going to chime in with the same info. Storytellers is not a character meal for dinner. The only dinner option for a character meal is Goofy’s Kitchen.

Correct, I was going to chime in with the same info. Storytellers is not a character meal for dinner. The only dinner option for a character meal is Goofy’s Kitchen.

Dinner Is Served

I thought Mickey was only at Storytellers for breakfast/brunch. I could be wrong but I think Goofy’s is the only character dinner.
You guys! Thanks so much. Appreciate that callout.

I have to say I’m bummed. I don’t get why they have a buffet dinner but no characters??? Anyway, I just switched us to Goofy’s. Thank you!!

You guys! Thanks so much. Appreciate that callout.

I have to say I’m bummed. I don’t get why they have a buffet dinner but no characters??? Anyway, I just switched us to Goofy’s. Thank you!!
Yes, it is odd. They revamped everything after Covid. The only all day character meal is Goofy's Kitchen.

You'll have a great time at Goofy’s. The buffet has so many different options I'm sure each person will find something they like. Check out the DL Hotel before or after while you're over there. It's a beautiful property with lots of history!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter