Ideas for Pre-Tween Disney Bday Vaca Surprise reveal...

magyargirl

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! There are so many threads I dont know if this has been covered so I apologize if it has and please link it if you can. But we are surprising our 9 yr old DD with WDW this october. She knows we are flying down but thinks we are going to Tennessee to visit grandparents for her bday. She os okay witht he trip but not super thrilled. So we were planning on tslling her after we check in at the airport. Most of my family tuinks we should wait till we get off the plane, but she is a smart cookie and will figure out we are not flying to Knoxville. And she knows where Orlando is.

I would love some ideas on how to break the surprise. I was thinking of a "personalized" letter with a gift box holding her magicband. Thank you all for yojr ideas in advance! Since this will be first time for ALL OF US at Disney, I am not realoy sure on ideas other than that.

So wait, we call 9 year olds pre-tweens now? Huh...learn something new every day. When they're 7, are they sub-pre-tweens? :D

When our kids were younger, we just got a cake at home with the castle on it.

So wait, we call 9 year olds pre-tweens now? Huh...learn something new every day. When they're 7, are they sub-pre-tweens? :D

When our kids were younger, we just got a cake at home with the castle on it.
I dont know if pre-tween is the official term but it seemed faster to say than my 9 yr old turning 10. Lol!

If you are set at telling her at the airport, maybe once you are through check in have her stay with your SO and say you need to run to the newsstand or any other store because you "forgot something for the trip" then when you come back have a hudson news bag or wherever bag with her magic band and maybe some ears, or a shirt that says Disney Bound or something and tell her that you got her something for the trip to and have her open it.

If you want to do it at home, I have had friends who have had success with baked goods you could wake her up for breakfast and have it be a mickey cinnamon roll with a note at her seat, or there are places where you can have a character call them about coming, or have her favorite princess send her a royal invitation in the mail.

Are you using ME? That could throw a kink in the plan to tell her at the airport because of the yellow tags and all.

If you are and want to change it up to tell her at home - have a box delivered to her with some Mickey ears ( you can get then at the Disney Store online or Etsy has a ton of different vendors selling them ) and an invitation/letter from one of her favorite characters to join her at the MK.

Hi everyone! There are so many threads I dont know if this has been covered so I apologize if it has and please link it if you can. But we are surprising our 9 yr old DD with WDW this october. She knows we are flying down but thinks we are going to Tennessee to visit grandparents for her bday. She os okay witht he trip but not super thrilled. So we were planning on tslling her after we check in at the airport. Most of my family tuinks we should wait till we get off the plane, but she is a smart cookie and will figure out we are not flying to Knoxville. And she knows where Orlando is.

I would love some ideas on how to break the surprise. I was thinking of a "personalized" letter with a gift box holding her magicband. Thank you all for yojr ideas in advance! Since this will be first time for ALL OF US at Disney, I am not realoy sure on ideas other than that.

Why not just let her figure it out? I'm sure she'll be excited enough! If you have to give her something, have it ready to hand her when she figures it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter