if MK opens at 7am for AM EMH - what time will they let us in?

flea1267

DIS Veteran
I know now that the "opening show" is now inside the park they typically let folks in an hour early to shop, etc but will they really let folks in at 6am? we will be at MK on 12/29. Thanks!

Just an FYI
We had booked the Behind the scenes tour and were to meet in the threatre at 8am. at MK.

We were staying at the Contemporary.

We decided to walk the pathway ---a nice leisurely 10 min. walk from the resort.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

The security guards that day would not let us pass thru till 7:55am.

Other days we were lead thru the screaning about 30 min before park opening.

We were 4th in line, and the line behind us stretched all the way to the street.

We watched as the monorail dropped off people (express and resort) as well as buses.

We got to our tour and waited about 15 min. for those who were held up for various reasons.

Just could not understand why on this day, this screening crew were delaying entry.

Yup, wrote it on evaluation of trip.

Safe travels.

I know now that the "opening show" is now inside the park they typically let folks in an hour early to shop, etc but will they really let folks in at 6am? we will be at MK on 12/29. Thanks!
We did 7am EMH at MK in April and were definitely not let in at 6am. We arrived around 6:40 and waited at the gates a bit. I don't remember if they let us in at 7:00 or 10-15 minutes earlier, but it definitely was not a an hour or even 20 minutes earlier. There is no opening show at the start of EMH.

I really miss the old opening show in front of the gates...

We did 7am EMH at MK in April and were definitely not let in at 6am. We arrived around 6:40 and waited at the gates a bit. I don't remember if they let us in at 7:00 or 10-15 minutes earlier, but it definitely was not a an hour or even 20 minutes earlier. There is no opening show at the start of EMH.

I really miss the old opening show in front of the gates...
--I miss it too! My family was chosen as "First Family" one year---an AMAZING experience!

Also to OP---I'll be there on the 29th too!

We are doing MK through about lunch time, then hopping to Studios to do our 3 FP+s then back to MK to see the Castle light up with ice then back to Studios for the Star Wars fireworks :)

We didn't do EMH at MK last month and arrived at 8:15 expecting to be let in early for shopping in Main Street because that's what I'd read had been happening. But....No. They didn't open gates til 8:45.

We are doing MK through about lunch time, then hopping to Studios to do our 3 FP+s then back to MK to see the Castle light up with ice then back to Studios for the Star Wars fireworks :)
Wow that is a lot of time hopping around especially on a busy holiday weekend. Have you factored all the travel time into your schedule?

Wow that is a lot of time hopping around especially on a busy holiday weekend. Have you factored all the travel time into your schedule?

Yes we're veteran park folks, this is like our 24th or 25th trip...and it's 4 adults so no strollers or anything to deal with :) and we are planning to taxi it between parks and not rely on Disney busses :)

Yes we're veteran park folks, this is like our 24th or 25th trip...and it's 4 adults so no strollers or anything to deal with :) and we are planning to taxi it between parks and not rely on Disney busses :)

At MK (going either way) you should walk between MK and the Contemporary Resort to access a cab.

MK opened at 8 am on Tuesday. They held everyone at the entrance till almost 7:55. The welcome show was going on as we were making our way down Main Street. We didn’t even get to see it.

ETA....I meant 7:55. Sorry.

Last edited:
MK opened at 8 am on Tuesday. They held everyone at the entrance till almost 8:55.
The welcome show was going on as we were making our way down Main Street. We didn’t even get to see it.

???
The hours I can find:
Tuesday, Dec. 19 MK opened at 9AM.
Tuesday, Dec. 12 MK opened at 9AM.

Last edited:
MK opened at 8 am on Tuesday. They held everyone at the entrance till almost 8:55. The welcome show was going on as we were making our way down Main Street. We didn’t even get to see it.
it opened at 8 and they didn't let you in until 8:55?!!! or did you mean 7:55? our goal will be to be there at least 45 minutes before park opening so we are at the front of the line so to speak.

it opened at 8 and they didn't let you in until 8:55?!!! or did you mean 7:55? our goal will be to be there at least 45 minutes before park opening so we are at the front of the line so to speak.

It opened at 7:55. Sorry. I’m exhausted after going non stop since last Thursday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter