If you could change DCA...

DAKDarling

Disney Darling
If you could change DCA into anything, what would it be? Would you change it into a Marvel Park? Move Star Wars Land over there? Change it into the originally proposed Westcot? What attractions would you keep/add?

If you could change DCA into anything, what would it be? Would you change it into a Marvel Park? Move Star Wars Land over there? Change it into the originally proposed Westcot? What attractions would you keep/add?
Please, no Marvel, or Star Wars. If anything, the original Westcot proposal sounds interesting.

I'd bring back Soarin' over California, keep the theming of Paradise Pier, get the Tortilla Factory back, get Golden Dreams back, get the San Francisco bridge back, and more :)
I totally agree with Soarin' Over CA. That fits in better with DCA and Soarin around the world fits in better with epcot. You're the first person I've come across to miss Golden Dreams and that bridge.

I'd bring back Soarin' over California, keep the theming of Paradise Pier, get the Tortilla Factory back, get Golden Dreams back, get the San Francisco bridge back, and more :)

Agreed. Miss all thise things and the front entrance. I also really liked the redwood challenge trail much better when it was Brother Bear themed and they had the show etc.

I totally agree with Soarin' Over CA. That fits in better with DCA and Soarin around the world fits in better with epcot. You're the first person I've come across to miss Golden Dreams and that bridge.
I grew up in the San Francisco area, I liked Golden Dreams and the bridge.

Add a Chinatown or Asian night market experience. Food. Dragon themed rollercoaster. (Admittedly, mostly because I like Mulan, roller coasters, and dim sum).

Some sort of redwoods or gold rush themed land, an expansion of the challenge trail. I don't know how they'd pull it off but carsland is so epic that I'm sure they could.

I was surprised to find that I liked the gaurdians ride, but I wouldn't want an avenger's land.

I miss the big letters but I can see how there would be no room for people now that DCA is actually attended. I miss the bridge. I miss the boing in the air ride that's now a smoking area.

I agree it still needs more rides in Hollywood land. Get rid of the dance parties.

I wish the trolley was different. It's ok once but it's so hot who wants to do it again? It doesn't really save you that many steps and you could walk over faster.

If going with the bay area theme, they should add an "Escape from the Tenderloin" ride, kind of like the Gringotts ride at universal except scarier.

I would either go all out on California theming or drop the "California" part of the name altogether.

IF they went with California, I'd enhance the entire park to give a little California history through queues, a show, or something similar. I'd drop some of the IPs that don't fit the California theme, too (Guardians...sorry, I want my art deco hotel back, also Bug's Land...doesn't feel very California-y).

IF they went with dropping the C in DCA, I would prefer the majority to be Pixar themed. That way, you could go to Disneyland for Disney classics and DA for Pixar. I don't mind a little Marvel, but I don't love how it looks like it's going to eventually take over a third of the park.

I have never been to DCA for more than a short time. I am traditional Disneyland gal all the way :) I am also not into Star Wars or Marvel at all. I don't think either belong at Disneyland. Please also know, I know a lot of folks are excited for this, and for them, I am genuinely glad. To me, Disney is well a certain Mouse :D A gentler and perhaps wistful? place of fun and being able to let go and be a kid in a happy way :)

A lot of us have wished over the years for the People Mover to return for example. I still do! Maybe a re-imagined DCA could be kind of a tomorrow and yesteryear?land. Have a ride such as a Storybookland Canal ride around "CA" or somehow have Mickey and Friends be tour guides into Disney past..thinking a Mary Poppins type ride of somehow entering into chalk drawings of Mickey and Minnie's house, or The 100 acre wood, a way of bringing back more nostalgia. Just some later night thoughts :)

Yep. Put it back the way it was.

I miss the big letters but I can see how there would be no room for people now that DCA is actually attended. I miss the bridge. I miss the boing in the air ride that's now a smoking area.

If it wasn't attended why did I have to wait in those lines to get in? Huh. Weird.

Maliboomer.

also Bug's Land...doesn't feel very California-y

I assure you there are bugs in California. :)

bugsland is perfect.

I honestly like the vintage Ca. motif.
Reminds me of visiting the state in the mid 60's when I was a kid.

I assure you there are bugs in California. :)

bugsland is perfect.

Yes, my mosquito bites and wasp sting from all of my summer outings are proof of that. But, that's like saying Marvel belongs in California because Tony Stark's house is in California. It's a bit of a stretch, right? Honestly though, I like the theming in Bug's Land, but I hate the rides. They feel cheap, like an afterthought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!