If you had an extra day...

drjackal31

Mouseketeer
What would you do? Long story short, my husband has a convention in Orlando later this year. We are coming down early and doing at least one day at Sea World. I have three days to hang out with myself, I don't plan on over stuffing those three days. If you had one day to yourself, would you go to Sea World again, do a day at Discovery Cove, maybe catch the shuttle to Busch Gardens?

Just curious on what peoples experiences are, and what they would prefer to do solo.

Any of those are goid options. BG is great, DC is great, and SW takes more than a day to "finish."

Are you a ride person, a water person, or a show person? Or, have you done any of those parks before? Want to do something new?

The rides at BG are fantastic, and so is snorkeling in the grand reef at DC. If you live where you can readily snorkel a reef, I'd vote BG. If you don't care for "big" rides, BG is just a big cool zoo...

If it were me, I'd pick either BG or DC; both are a really cool, memorable day.

Actually, DC is a pretty relaxed pace day - so I vote DC plus adding on the BG/SW/Aquatica tickets and then you have 2 days (DC and BG), plus your SW day w/ hubby, and if you want to pop in for a little time at SW or Aquatica on your "off day" it is free (well, included in the price, so no additional cost).

I go to SW solo all the time (I love the shows). I would go with either SW or DC

Were from Buffalo, NY so not much snorkeling around here. I love animals and I also like roller coasters, lol. I have been to the other Busch Gardens in Williamsburg when I was a teenager. I obviously still have time to figure it all out. My main thing is ease of travel from his convention Hotel, which Sea World or Discovery Cove will fit easily.

Don't know if you've already gone, but figured I would chime in. DC is hands down my favorite park in all of Orlando, so that's an easy choice for me. But especially if I was going solo, I would bring a book and spend an hour or two of the day with my cold beverage of choice in a lounge chair (hopefully in the shade cause I'm a Ginger LOL).

another vote for DC ... if you buy the extended ticket you get SW and Aquatica too ....

DC is $$ but is also 'all inclusive' so no nickel and dime stuff (not MUCH anyway) and VERY relaxing .... and it closes early so you can be with hubby in evening and not feel like you left early.

I wouldn't do Busch ... not worth the time in the bus IMO. Save it for when you're actually in Tampa.

My main thing is ease of travel from his convention Hotel, which Sea World or Discovery Cove will fit easily.
WDW, Sw& U typically all within a 30 minute drive from each other

I love DC but don’t see myself doing it solo, even without the dolphin swim

have you checked to see what, if any convention rate discount tix will be offered?

Have you visited U in the past? Especially, if you are a fan of HP, it is a great park

Aquatica is a lovely WP, enjoyed having it included in SW AP once. However, I prefer TLs offerings better and fact it has a ton of shaded areas

I won't have a car, so the fact that Sea World/DC is on the iride bus route was a plus for me. We have done Universal and are actually coming down 4 days before the convention to do Universal as well as Sea World with my husband. We do have access to discounts from his fraternity, who is holding the convention, but Under Cover Tourist still had better deals.

Right now I am still making logistical decisions that could affect my days "alone." But thank everyone for their help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!