If you had the pick of all sites...

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer the first question, that is like asking what is the best campfire recipe. No seriously, everyone has an idea of which is best and a good reason for it. The last trip we were in 1100 with the back of our trailer to the woods, this was nice for us as we have a rear bedroom in our fifth wheel. Our first stay was in 1400 which was nice, it is close to the campfire and Meadows area. It all depends on what you want, and nothing is guaranteed. One can request a specific loop, but you may or may not get it. We have gotten our request granted once out of three trips.
Sites, again, like asking what is the best beer in a distributors. All depends on personal preference, and since you can not book specific sites, just levels, it is really irrelevant.
It is about being in a campground, enjoying outdoors, staying in your own home, and best of all.....being at Disney. I will take the worst site in the Fort any day over work !!

We’ve been going to the Fort for 8 years and I try and reserve a loop based on what I want to be near for duration of our stay. Take a look at their map of the campground and decide what you want to be near based on what your doing. Some families like being near the marina if they want a short walk back from the boat at midnight. I like being near the middle of the campground in the 600 loop. I like the short walk over the bridge to the campfire and movie. It all depends if you have a golf cart or not too but I would figure out what you want to be near for your days your enjoying the campground.

No one can answer that for you. The loop and site that is the best, is the one you like. Some like to be near the bus stops, some further away. Same goes for proximity to the comfort stations, pools, outpost, marina, dog walks, etc. We go a few times a year, only once have we asked for a site change and that was because we just didn't fit. Sometimes we are pleasantly surprised by a new assignment. It's the Fort - by far the majority of the sites are just perfect for most campers.
If you want a general visual, there is an app you can download.

To answer the first question, that is like asking what is the best campfire recipe. No seriously, everyone has an idea of which is best and a good reason for it. The last trip we were in 1100 with the back of our trailer to the woods, this was nice for us as we have a rear bedroom in our fifth wheel. Our first stay was in 1400 which was nice, it is close to the campfire and Meadows area. It all depends on what you want, and nothing is guaranteed. One can request a specific loop, but you may or may not get it. We have gotten our request granted once out of three trips.
Sites, again, like asking what is the best beer in a distributors. All depends on personal preference, and since you can not book specific sites, just levels, it is really irrelevant.
It is about being in a campground, enjoying outdoors, staying in your own home, and best of all.....being at Disney. I will take the worst site in the Fort any day over work !!

Winter = Warstiner Dunkel or Miller lite Summer=Hoegarden or Miller lite

I didn't ask for anyone to "answer that for me". I asked a very simple question.

If you asked me the same two questions about Poplar Point Campground @ Jordan Lake my answer would be Loop G Site 25.

See how easy that is?

I didn't ask for anyone to "answer that for me". I asked a very simple question.

If you asked me the same two questions about Poplar Point Campground @ Jordan Lake my answer would be Loop G Site 25.

See how easy that is?

(You didn't think this through.)

That's YOUR answer about Poplar Point.

But I ain't you, dude.

I don't know why you like that spot.

You don't know what I like.

This isn't complicated.

Tell us what you like/prefer:

- easy to back into
- close to the pool
- close to the campfire/singalong area
- close to the Meadow Trading Post area
- near an internal bus stop
- back in a quiet area
- up near the action
- close to the lake/boat dock to MK
- near the Outpost Bus depot (theme park bus transport other than MK)
- near an elevator

You're a new member. Glad to have you.
You might have read/browsed here before you joined.
There's a search function you can use for the DIS Boards.
If you'd use it, you would have read all the things you've read above.
So help us help you.

I could answer your simple question.
I could tell you my favorite Premium site.
But that's me. You might hate it.
See how this works?

We're very patient and helpful here. Help us help you. Tell us what you want. Your request is very vague. There are HUNDREDS of campsites at Fort Wilderness most of which are Premium. So far you aren't helping your case.

Bama Ed

PS - BTW, you aren't the first person to ask this question. But those folks at least provide some clarification.............

Last edited:
@bama_ed , We know you do not prefer Premiums Sites, but would rather be in a Preferred, for many of the same reasons I liked them. Location, ambiance, sounds in the area. Unfortunately at our size....
We would be happy in any site at the Fort, kicking back with some take out from TE.

@bama_ed , We know you do not prefer Premiums Sites, but would rather be in a Preferred, for many of the same reasons I liked them. Location, ambiance, sounds in the area. Unfortunately at our size....
We would be happy in any site at the Fort, kicking back with some take out from TE.

Well, my friend,

Back in my "wild oats" days, I went through a Premium phase with my popup as my signature indicates. <my "blonde" period>

It was 900 a couple times (and 1000 once when I arrived late in the day and there was no vacancy in 900 before I learned the "get-my-rear-end-early-on arrival-day").

As I near retirement age, I daydream of travelling whenever the heck I want on the 365 day calendar to the Fort and just might pull a Premium reservation out of my rear end again at the cheapest time of the Premium year.

That's the radical in me coming out.

ED

PS - I also daydream of getting a spot in 1500 at about half the cost of a Premium site and spending about two weeks trying to forget what day it is. This time of year would be a nice time to be at the Fort for an extended stay. All those nearly silent voices on the DIS who spend weeks/months at the Fort during the winter months (oh I've kept a list of names) have inspired me. But two weeks is all I could stand before I go crazy, Chris, honestly. I've never stayed at the Fort for more than a week.

Complicated a simple question

Tried to verify a vague question.

Depends on what you're looking for, each of us is different in what we really want. NONE of the premiums have total advantage over the others. 400 is closest to the marina, but far from pool and the Meadows store. 900 is close to Meadows and pool, but far from marina and restaurants, yet, now that i think about it, a descent "halfway point". 700 is long, easy back in for most part, but again, far from pool, but it does have a dog walk area close, then again so does 800. 1400 is close to outdoor movie, but to me it is too cramped, very close together and the middle loop (Little Bear) should be changed to popups and A-liners only, that thing is just way too small.

500, to me, is a nice quiet loop, but seems it really isn't close to anything except the dogpark, which would be good if you're taking the pet. 1000 loop is again quiet, but probably most removed from all the loops.

There is no best, and I'm being serious on that one, not trying to evade your question or complicate it, just really trying to help you see that it really depends on what things you like best about camping, or what things you think you might want more.

Give me some details, even minor ones, and then I can give you a better answer and reasons why i would say that particular loop.

We have always wanted to stay in 1100. But at the time it wasn't a pet loop and we had a dog. Driving through it seems to be the most private of all the loops.

Wow, we have some over thinkers here.

I thought it would be fun to hear YOUR favorite loop and favorite site.

I didn't ask for so much to be read into the questions!

Ease up a bit and have some fun people. Everybody has a favorite.

Thank you 2goofycampers! That's what I was looking for!

Original question:
Which premium loop is the best?

So which question would you like answered? They are 2 different things.

#1. "which premium loop is the best?"
400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400

#2. Our favorite loop
400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400 because it means we are at Disney!

ETA: I haven't stayed in all the sites so I really couldn't pick out a favorite one!

We have always wanted to stay in 1100. But at the time it wasn't a pet loop and we had a dog. Driving through it seems to be the most private of all the loops.

:thanks:, You answered the question correctly by not answering the question. We got assigned the 1100 loop last time, and it was pretty quiet, the site we had backed to the woods, as did the ones before us in the loop. The ones located after us backed up to the new camping loop 2100 I believe. So all in all not a bad loop. Bus stop is close and a short walk to the meadows. We are now under 300 days until we are back again.

Wow, we have some over thinkers here.

I didn't ask for so much to be read into the questions!

Ease up a bit and have some fun people.

Everybody has a favorite.
I have to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter