If you have garbage like #9#@ showing in a post from the previous board

WebmasterAlex

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We are still working on a fix. I would strongly recommend you don't try to fix it manually unless you feel comfortable you can fix it. Once you have edited it no fix we run will work. If we are unable to come up with a fix I will certainly let everyone know.

Thanks for working on this! :goodvibes I have a whole bunch of Trip Reports and some of the posts are full of those symbols, so hoping you are able to find a fix. I only edited one post (a current report that only had 2 posts), and that took forever manually, so I'm leaving the rest and crossing my fingers you can fix the issue.

As long as I'm at it, the other conversion issues I've noticed with my reports are:

1.) The font all got WAY smaller. I always used Verdana size 3 in my posts and it was a fairly decent size. It's now itty bitty (just like this). A size 5 seems to be the new equivalent to what I previously had (like this). Not sure if there's a fix you can do to keep converted text size the same (not the number, but what it actually looks like)?

2.) I had chapter headings on individual posts (not just the first one of the thread, but the title area for other posts). Those are all gone. I was hoping they would carry over either in new headers (which don't seem to exist) or as the first line of the post. Not sure if anything can be done on that one? I'll be putting the titles in the posts from now on, but all past ones are gone.

Thanks for all the work you are doing on this major conversion! I really like a lot of the new features! :thumbsup2

Thanks for working on this! :goodvibes I have a whole bunch of Trip Reports and some of the posts are full of those symbols, so hoping you are able to find a fix. I only edited one post (a current report that only had 2 posts), and that took forever manually, so I'm leaving the rest and crossing my fingers you can fix the issue.

As long as I'm at it, the other conversion issues I've noticed with my reports are:

1.) The font all got WAY smaller. I always used Verdana size 3 in my posts and it was a fairly decent size. It's now itty bitty (just like this). A size 5 seems to be the new equivalent to what I previously had (like this). Not sure if there's a fix you can do to keep converted text size the same (not the number, but what it actually looks like)?

2.) I had chapter headings on individual posts (not just the first one of the thread, but the title area for other posts). Those are all gone. I was hoping they would carry over either in new headers (which don't seem to exist) or as the first line of the post. Not sure if anything can be done on that one? I'll be putting the titles in the posts from now on, but all past ones are gone.

Thanks for all the work you are doing on this major conversion! I really like a lot of the new features! :thumbsup2

I am glad you mentioned the font size. I am having a lot of trouble trying to figure this new format out mostly because everything is so small I can't read it. I was hoping to find a way to make the font bigger in my reply, but as you see, no luck. Now, maybe the solution is right in front of me, but between being somewhat tech challenged and not being able to read anything in the small font I am really lost here!

Last edited:
I am glad you mentioned the font size. I am having a lot of trouble trying to figure this new format out mostly because everything is so small I can't read it. I was hoping to find a way to make the font bigger in my reply, but as you see, no luck. Now, maybe the solution is right in front of me, but between being somewhat tech challenged and not being able to read anything in the small font I am really lost here!
Actually, this thread is talking about converted text in Trip Reports that had been cut and pasted from Word or something into the DISBoards editor. It comes out sometimes even tinier than the default text size that you're seeing. There are other threads where folks are talking about the default fonts being too small, also.

Sayhello

Thanks for letting us know about the @$9%$ stuff that came over from the old system. I've been reading some older posts and all of these symbols really make it difficult to read the posts. I've noticed that it usually occurs with punctuation, especially apostrophes (').

I'm glad to know that it is not my computer.

Good luck with getting it all fixed.

Just to let you guys know our testing went well and are now running the fix on the live boards. Hopefully within 24 hours this issue will be completely resolved. Posts with an ID of under 7.5 Million will already be fixed as of this post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter