If you rent points to non-DVC members...

firecracker

never been tagged, but that's OK...I'm secure abou
...I would like to give you a big THANK YOU! Our family is young and growing, and it would not be financially wise for us to invest in DVC right now. Thanks to members who rent, we are able to stay at Old Key West (our favorite) and enjoy a deluxe property and lots of room for less than staying at a Value resort.

We have rented several times and it has always been a fantastic experience and I just wanted to say thanks!

Carmen

that's awesome that it's worked out for you... I haven't done it yet but I'm thinking next year I might try to rent some DVC points to at least stay at one of the resorts and get a feel for it and maybe think about purchasing DVC down the road....

so I'd like to say thank you in advance as well to those people who are honest and trustworthy and rent out points! :thumbsup2

You're welcome!

Glad we could help. Well, not me personally, but more like the royal "we".

I've so far suckered, er, shown the light to three friends who stayed on our points and then ended up buying DVC.

My neighborhood is fast becoming its own little DVC cult...

Sorry, but I won't be renting any out. I'll just invite friends and family to join us on our trips. I'm not quite ready to subsidize a complete stranger's trip.

Good that renting helps you, enjoy our DVC resorts.

Well, evidently we're honest, but not always so friendly...

If it wasn't for a stranger renting us his points for our first trip to OKW several years ago, we never would have bought into DVC.

We were treated so well by everyone at OKW (previously we'd only stayed at the All Stars), and the whole "welcome home" thing just totally got us.

We *almost* bought right when boardwalk was first introduced, did the tour, etc, but just weren't sure if we'd really use it.

I seriously think that if Disney had thrown in a night at the Boardwalk they would have sold us, but the idea of paying 400/night was so far beyond what we'd normally do that we didn't consider it.

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet....

You are welcome! Although we only rented about 3 or 4 times, for the most part (actually, the only problem I had was with a DVC member!) it was an enjoyable experience.

We won't be renting any more points now, but we are glad we rented when we did.:)

I agree. DH and I have two young kids and are living on his salary for now. When we save all year to visit the in-laws in Florida it is so nice to spend a day or two at DVC through the generosity of members renting points.

We stayed at VWL a night last year and are looking forward to SSR for 2 nights next month.

I am positive that when we can afford to in a few years we will join DVC and I hope to rent out to some "strangers" so they can experience the very special magic that is DVC.

Thanks to all who share the magic!

I, also, want to give a big THANK YOU to all you wonderful DVC'ers that do rent out points. If not for you guys, I would never have gotten to stay in my most favorite resort in the world - BWV. I fell in love with that place years before I knew about renting points and I never dreamed I'd be able to afford to stay there. I've had wonderful rental experiences with several DVC'ers and would never dream of jeopardizing my ability to rent points. I'm hoping someday to buy into DVC, but not sure if I'll get my DH to agree - but he's turning into almost as big a fan as Disney as I am, so there's always a chance! Again, thanks to you great DVC'ers - you're very appreciated by us that rent points!

Do you think you'll be doing this every year... until you buy in...? Isn't renting more expensive than owning? Wouldn't you like to have complete control of your vacations? If you are going to keep going to DVC, why not buy into DVC?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter