I'm going to do it, September 2004....

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
Okay, after some encouragement and some very nice words, I have decided to venture to WDW solo. I am planning on a solo trip to the world in the beginning of September. I will be missing my first week of the new semester at university to visit the world. I don't know where I will be staying (wondering if there is a hostel close by) and I don't know where I'll be visiting, but I foresure will be wearing my green ribbon - so, if any of you will be there around that time (Sept. 4 - Sept 12), let me know! I am really nervous about going to the world by myself, but do enjoy time to myself. I really want to stay in WDW, but unsure if I can afford that. Any suggestions for the single, student traveller to save any money?
Thanks everyone,
J

Hi

I am going solo too and I will be 19 at the time. I am sooooo worried about it. I will be there from september 12th to septermber 22nd. I would love to meet up with you on the 12th (not sure what time I would be arriving as I am coming up from miami - I would have just finished a 2 week tour).

Email me if you do want to meet up, if not I wish you the very best of luck.

we are 2 30 somethings...but kids at heart and will be there 8- 15th

ChisJo -- I just read about your trip on another thread. You are going to have so much fun!!

I would highly recommend trying to stay onsite if at all possible. It's so nice to take the Disney transport and not have to worry at all about driving. The intermediate hotels are REALLY nice for solos because they have a lot of grounds to explore and bars (if that's your thing) to hang out at and possibly meet people.

At the very least try to stay at a Hotel Plaza Blvd hotel. It's not quite the same but at least you have reliable transportation and can always walk to DTD.

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott once solo for $22/night. It was late Sept '01, so I wouldn't expect rates like that again, but there's some hope.

Good for you, you will just love it!!!!! So far 3 times for me, with lots of encouragement from this board. Doesn't look like I will be able to go solo this year and quite honestly I am going to miss it.

I prefer staying in WDW (we are DVC Members, so that it makes it easier), because I am basically a woos and I honestly feel safe there. Sure other places are very safe also, but have never been off property.

Have a GREAT time:tongue:

Wel, I just talked to the dean in my department to find out my schedule for next the fall semester, and she said that I absolutely cannot miss the first week of school - so I had to change my dates to Aug. 30 - Sept 6. I am now really worried that the parks will be really crowded. Does anyone know what it will be like at that time??
J

You're going to love it solo!!! I've been 4 times solo and have another one planned for next October. I would strongly recommend staying on property, if possible. Here are some cost savings for singles at WDW:

1. To save some $$ on room costs, try either the All Stars or Pop Century. These are the least expensive resorts on-property.

2. Unless you plan on visiting places off-property, I would not bother renting a car. When staying on-property there is no cost of transportation to and from the parks, water parks & DTD. To save more $$, use Mears to get to and from the airport to your resort. It's like $25 round trip with a coupon (I'll look at home and see if I have an extra one to send to you. The downside is that it may take up to an hour or so to get to your resort, but the cost savings is worth it.

3. Bring some snacks and quick breakfast things with you. This saves on $$.

4. Buffets are a great way to dine. I usually did one a day (usually lunch) and that filled me up for the rest of the day. I would usually grab a snack for later.

5. Watch your spending on souvies. This can add up pretty quickly.

6. Check out Mousesavers.com for discount codes. You may be able to find a great rate at one of the moderates.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Have Fun!!!
:earsgirl: :wave: :wave2: :sunny:

Hi ChisJo

I think I'm up to seven solo trips now and my last two trips were during the first two weeks of September. The Crowds were very low.....kids are just getting back to school. I never had to wait on any of the rides. September to me is probably one of the best times to go.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask. Their are just so many people here and they have a wealth of knowledge to share.

Have fun prepairing for your trip.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter