I'm going to find adventure in the evening air! An August '18 solo trip report! New PTR link 01/04

Awesome start to your trip, Epcot was very low crowds during our visit as well.

I love your Canadian Mickey gear.

The guacamole in Mexico always hits the spot, yummy!
Thanks! A friend of mine made the Canadian Ears and I found the tshirt at Winners for $14! Total deal! I couldn't believe how quiet Epcot was either....World Showcase was almost empty at times!

Joining in!! Sounds like a great start to your trip!
Thanks for joining in! It was a great start to a very fun trip. I want to go back already!

Glad to hear you're having good experiences with the CMs (allowing you to request B on Soarin', the nice chat outside Mission: Space, and dumping the ice out for you)!
I find the CMs to be great. When you approach them with a smile and a kind word it goes a long way. I always try to ask questions about how long they have been with Disney, how they like working for the company and a little about themselves. I think it's important for guests to appreciate all the work the CMs do to make things run smoothly. :)

Excited to read your report. We have a lot in common. My first trip with my little family was also in 2009. I wasn’t a kindergarten teacher, :teacher: but I am an accountant turned preschool- 1st grade children’s choir teacher (“career” change after staying home with my two children after they were born). And I just got back from my first solo trip. :flower:It was a wonderful experience, which I hope to repeat like you have already done.

My first park on my solo trip was Epcot as well.....loved it as my kiddos veto that park each year on our family trips. :rolleyes:

I guess I was lucky to be assigned to B on Soarin’ on both my “flights.” Didn’t even know. I guess that is because it is the middle section?

Where did you learn about all the hidden mickeys in Spaceship Earth and Three Caballeros? I need to research for future trips!

Sounds like a wonderful start to your adventures at Disney. Can’t wait to read more. :yay:

I find the CMs to be great. When you approach them with a smile and a kind word it goes a long way. I always try to ask questions about how long they have been with Disney, how they like working for the company and a little about themselves. I think it's important for guests to appreciate all the work the CMs do to make things run smoothly. :)
I almost always have had good luck with CMs. I'm rather shy around people I don't know well, so I'm not very good at striking up a conversation on my own. That being said, if somebody starts one with me, we can talk all day. You're right about the smile and kind word though...I try to practice that everywhere (at the grocery store, restaurant, etc.)

Excited to read your report. We have a lot in common. My first trip with my little family was also in 2009. I wasn’t a kindergarten teacher, :teacher: but I am an accountant turned preschool- 1st grade children’s choir teacher (“career” change after staying home with my two children after they were born). And I just got back from my first solo trip. :flower:It was a wonderful experience, which I hope to repeat like you have already done.
Welcome and thanks for joining in! I was also a SAHM for 11 years so we have that in common too! I was a preschool director, then home with my three, then ran a family resource centre for three years and now starting my fifth year in kindergarten! The choir sounds like a a lot of fun and I am sure it is very busy! I would love to hear all about your solo trip too! Aren't they so much fun??

Where did you learn about all the hidden mickeys in Spaceship Earth and Three Caballeros? I need to research for future trips!
I actually bought a book called Hidden Mickeys at Walt Disney World. It is tons of fun to go hunting for them!

How to walk 31,698 steps in a day at Disney!
Yes, it's time for 4 parks in one day!I started off the day bright and early at the Poly bus stop with the hopes of making it to Hollywood Studios before the 7 am opening. Unfortunately, my good bus luck was not with me this morning and I waited over 25 minutes for a HS bus. It set me back a bit but I finally got to the Studios shortly after 7.
IMG_2555.JPG
That meant my chances to walk on to Slinky Dog were shot but I was able to ride Swirling Saucers and really enjoyed it. I don't know that I would wait more than 10-15 minutes for it but it is cute and fun. I loved the theming in TSL, so detailed and immersive! I wasn't feeling TSMM this morning so I hopped in line for the meet and greet with Woody and Jessie! This was super cute and I was happy I took time to do it.
IMG_2502.JPG
By this point I was so hungry and was on a mission to get a carrot cake cookie! Time to head to the Trolley Car Cafe for my favourite piece of deliciousness! Once I had a yummy iced coffee and carrot cake cookie in hand, I settled in to enjoy it....so, so good! Now it was time to make my way to the Animal Kingdom bus for adventures at my second park!
IMG_2483 (4).JPG

I know this is not the right context (and no offense to our soldiers whom I love and respect) but my Mother was a Kindergarten and 1st grade teacher so may I say: Thank you for your service! Enjoy your trip...you deserve it!

I am loving reading about everyones solo trips! I hope to do one in the future.

Sorry the bus luck was not with you that morning. Anxious to hear if you ever got to ride Slinky Dog Dash. I rode it twice on my recent solo adventure and loved it. I did not ride the swirling saucers. I don’t do well with spinning rides...and I have had some recent vertigo episodes. I didn’t want to take a chance being there solo. Is the whipping similar to Toy Story Mania or tea cups? I can do TSMania, but no way on the tea cups.

Mmmm....that cookie sounds scrumptious!

I know this is not the right context (and no offense to our soldiers whom I love and respect) but my Mother was a Kindergarten and 1st grade teacher so may I say: Thank you for your service! Enjoy your trip...you deserve it!
Thank you for your kind words! I absolutely love kindergarten, even if it is slightly insane in September, lol!

I am loving reading about everyones solo trips! I hope to do one in the future.
I highly recommend doing a solo trip! There is nothing better than getting a chance to experience Disney exactly the way you want to. :)

Sorry the bus luck was not with you that morning. Anxious to hear if you ever got to ride Slinky Dog Dash. I rode it twice on my recent solo adventure and loved it. I did not ride the swirling saucers. I don’t do well with spinning rides...and I have had some recent vertigo episodes. I didn’t want to take a chance being there solo. Is the whipping similar to Toy Story Mania or tea cups? I can do TSMania, but no way on the tea cups.

Mmmm....that cookie sounds scrumptious!
YEs, I finally got to ride SDD on the Friday evening and loved it too! I am very sensitive to spinning as well and had no issues with swirling saucers. I can't do the tea cups either...ugh! The carrot cake cookie is a must do for me....it takes me a few days to finish it as it is massive but it is so good!

Following along! Love your Canadian Mickey gear! so cute!
Thanks for joining in! I was happy to find some Canadian gear!

following along! :)
Thanks for following along!

Following along too!
Thank you for joining in!

I am getting a carrot cake cookie next trip! Didn’t get one this last trip. Love your photos!
Thanks Caroline!! That carrot cake cookie is a must for me. When is your next trip? I was hoping for a quick pre-Christmas trip but am having a hard time finding AP availability.

HI Suse following along can't wai to read about your solo adventure

Awesome view/room

sounds yummy
Thanks so much!! I was very happy with my room and loved being at the Poly!

Adventures at Animal Kingdom!

After enjoying a brief taste of Toy Story Land, it was time to head off to Animal Kingdom. This time I had amazing luck with the buses and was park to park in about 15 minutes! Upon entering the park I had to stop for my obligatory Tree of Life photo!
IMG_2554.JPG
Then I veered to the right with the hopes of seeing Devine in the Oasis area. I was in luck and snapped a few pictures as I watched a couple of little girls just in awe of her. Devine's handler (blueberry) was very chatty and I enjoyed a nice conversation with him. He told lots of funny jokes, especially ones about how Devine was branching out! I think he missed his calling a jungle cruise skipper!

IMG_2484 (1).JPG
Next up I popped into "It's a Bug's Life" as I hadn't seen it for a few years and had some time to kill before my Dinosaur FP. It's such a cute little show although a few younger children in the audience were quite scared and had to be taken out. Poor things! Dinosaur was a lot of fun and afterwards I stopped for a snack and some water in one of the nice shaded areas they have in front of the ride.
FC1B2ADC-F988-4769-B5E5-3F7597D544E6.jpeg
I had hoped to meet Russel and Dug but the line was so long and I had to head to Africa for my FP for Festival of the Lion King. I just love this show and it did not disappoint.
IMG_2488.JPG
After the show I was so hungry and debated between Satuli Canteen and Nomad lounge. In the end Satuli won and I headed over to check out my options. I decided upon the Chili spiked fried tofu with the black beans and rice and a creamy herb dressing. This was so, so good! The tofu had a nice kick to it and the rice and beans were delicious with the creamy sauce. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal.
IMG_2501.JPG
I had some time to kill before my FoP FP so I thought I would head back and see if I could meet Russel and Dug. Unfortunately they had just closed the line so it was not to be. I had my Hidden Mickeys book with me so decided to head to the animal exploration trails for Hidden Mickey hunting. This is so fun and a great way to spend some downtime in the parks. I happened upon the Harambe Village Acrobats just starting their show and absolutely loved having a chance to watch the show. Finally it was time to head back to Pandora for Flights of Passage. I was a little nervous as I had loved it so much the year before. Would it live up to my memories and be as special and breathtaking?? Thankfully it was just as amazing as I remembered and I cried (again!) from sheer joy and awe! It is simply the best piece of Disney imagineering ever.
A20C76D0-12D1-464C-8B21-D927B5A03AC9.jpeg

Now it was time to make my way to Epcot as my third park of the day! What 4th FP was I able to get? Who did I finally have a chance to meet?? Coming up soon!

Last edited:
I'm following along! You share a love of desserts like I do!!! We went for one day in August and I was unable to fit the carrot cake cookie or dole whip into my day so both of those will be my priority when we go in October!

When is your next trip?
Not until March:sad:Andi has spring break the end of March, I am also 99% sure I will go on the Epic Dis meet trip in May and Andi and I will be going again in August with the awesome TA deal!

Next up I popped into "It's a Bug's Life" as I hadn't seen it for a few years and had some time to kill before my Dinosaur FP
I love this show, Andi tolerates it! Is bad I secretly laugh when all the kiddies freak out, haha!

I just love this show and it did not disappoint.
My favorite show! It never gets old!

I thoroughly enjoyed my meal.
img_2501-jpg.352408
Yummy, we had a great meal here too! I’m glad you enjoyed this.

Now it was time to make my way to Epcot as my third park of the day! What 4th FP was I able to get? Who did I finally have a chance to meet?? Coming up soon!
I’m excited to hear about the rest of your 4 Park day! I hope your FP+ is a good one!

Finally catching up!!

My first order of business was to upgrade my Canadian resident ticket to an annual pass!! Hurray.....more Disney trips for me!

Woohoo! Wonderful feeling!

I just love this ride and never tire of it.

Same here! The greenhouses are just so lovely

Dark chocolate sea salt caramel, how I love you!!

Excellent choice!

Yes, it's time for 4 parks in one day!

Oh yes, sounds so fun!

Unfortunately, my good bus luck was not with me this morning and I waited over 25 minutes for a HS bus.

How very frustrating

I wasn't feeling TSMM this morning so I hopped in line for the meet and greet with Woody and Jessie!

I've heard it's better to go for Woody and Jessie in the morning vs TSMM anyway so smart choice! Plus the sun probably wasn't blazing down on you at that point

Once I had a yummy iced coffee and carrot cake cookie in hand, I settled in to enjoy it....so, so good!

Breakfast of champions!

It's such a cute little show although a few younger children in the audience were quite scared and had to be taken out.

That's my favorite part! So many people are genuinely terrified and it makes me laugh (I mean, I also do feel bad for the inconsolable little ones, but it's also just so amusing to hear the whole theater devolve into screams and panic)

I decided upon the Chili spiked fried tofu with the black beans and rice and a creamy herb dressing. This was so, so good! The tofu had a nice kick to it and the rice and beans were delicious with the creamy sauce. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal.

Yesssss that tofu is the BEST! I keep meaning to branch out but then I can't pass it up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter