Delete Thread

Your pics and GIF's are always entertaining!
I thought it was something wrong with my computer too.
Enjoyed your latest Vlog.
Glad you made it back safely even with a random armadillo stop :rotfl:

Loving all of the updates!
(I know this title says it's a "girl's night" but you'll have tolerate Josh a little longer here). :lmao:

:rotfl2:

headed to Tren-D where we saw some um scandalous deer...for more PG-13 commentary about the deer you'll have to check out the coming vlog. :rotfl:

:woohoo:

We stopped in Sephora where the sales lady took customer service to a new level when she called me "my love". (I also got in "Disney trouble" again when I opened a drawer in Sephora to retrieve my own make up because I didn't see a sales person). :rotfl:

So much Disney Trouble... but also hilarious!! Usually I find terms of endearment condescending (if the woman doesn't really know me...) but I would LOVE being called 'my love'. hahahaha!!

Basically the rundown is: she got in a fight with one of their friend's the first time they met and she called him a bunch of names while drunk, she was weirdly condescending because I had a Harry Potter shirt on and kept pointing at me all night and going "oh you're so cute". But she was drunk and maybe nervous about meeting us I figured. So I gave her another chance.

Then she invited herself on one of our trips :confused:and was being nice until I told her maybe it'd be better to go next year (since her boyfriend is saving for a house and we already had plans) and she stopped texting me completely. (It really seems like she just wants to go on a trip she said "I'll go even if we break up) :confused3 And finally they were supposed to come over one night and hang out, and didn't come until after midnight when I was in bed for work and kept me up (this is mostly a problem with Josh's friend as he's always late and always bring her along,
so I did talk to Josh about that not being okay).

EW. What is wrong with people?! So not cool:confused3

You're too popular for Photobucket!! Hmmm, that makes me lose faith/respect for Photobucket...I may have to make a switch...

I love the Navi-face-paint-on-the-plane idea! Security might not have liked it as much though.

Watching the two of you shop critically is thoroughly entertaining :)

Ugh at all of your trouble with the hotel! At least they offered you a solution and moved you to AKL!

Yay Country Bears Jamboree! I loved it too, glad I'm not the only one!

Then I encountered the first not so polite employee. While trying to find a solution another person at the desk kept coming up and saying (and he repeated this more than once) "there's construction everywhere, you're not going to find a resort that doesn't have any" in a kind of condescending voice like he was personally offended we weren't enjoying our stay.

Woah, buddy! That's absolutely not true. Or if it is, they're very sneaky about it. How un-magical of him.

I was annoyed because we were missing breakfast and getting to MK early, and I knew once this was settled our plans would probably have to change. Another thing that bugged me that I'll mention here but I don't think I mentioned in the vlog is that I don't believe that AKL and SS were the only resorts that were available. I think they just didn't want to move us somewhere more expensive than our resort because then they'd lose money. I understand why this would be done, but people book resorts in certain areas for a reason. I know they probably didn't want to move us to a monorail resort, but we booked WL so we could be in the MK area and have easy access; and AKL is decently far from everywhere except AK.

I LOVE AKL, so I'd never say it was a bad place to stay or anything. But going from staying at a resort that's near-equally priced to AKL but with better proximity to MK...if that's your priority for why you booked there then AKL should definitely be seen as a downgrade! It would be interesting to have been a fly on the wall to find out whether there were actually rooms available. I have a hard time believing that there wasn't a single room available for your dates at any of the monorail resorts.

But I decided before we went I would speak up if something was wrong. I firmly believe that you have a right to enjoy your vacation, and if something is bothering you (within reason) you should speak to someone. We've gone on a lot of trips where in the past I've complained to you about waiters, taxi drivers, etc that were rude, and in retrospect I always wish I had said something at the time.

Absolutely!! It costs a lot of money to go on vacation, and if you're choosing to invest your money and time into Disney then you should be getting the experience you're expecting within reason. You were absolutely justified in speaking up. You had it IN WRITING that construction wasn't supposed to wake you up before 9am. That's their mistake, and I'm glad you said something.

We decided the best way to keep cool (and to stay away from crowds would be to do shows today).

Good call. I have a feeling this is what most of August will look like for us. FP+ and shows.

We haven't done Philharmagic since our first trip, and honestly I wasn't so impressed. I think it needs a refurb badly. The 3D looked so blurry that I was getting a headache, and I ended up taking off the glasses and not watching most of it.

I know most people love this show, but I have to agree. Maybe it's just because I'm not a big fan of 3D, but I found this one especially hard to watch, and it could use an update.

Which I loved! (And it was made even better by the little kid in back of me that was so excited he screamed yeehaw the whole time). :rotfl:

This is soo cute! Bless this precious wee babe's little country heart!

It came out in the early 2000's and when I was a kid I remember seeing all kinds of commercials for it. And the movie looked so stupid, and the bears looked so strange.

screen-shot-2017-06-19-at-11-40-45-pm-png.245953

But the attraction is so much better than I imagine that movie is!

100% true. Don't watch the movie. And the attraction is much better. Though that's not saying much. At all.

I am so glad they moved you hotels, and really AKL is simply gorgeous! Even if it is far from the other parks, the food options IMO are amazing!!

Then I encountered the first not so polite employee. While trying to find a solution another person at the desk kept coming up and saying (and he repeated this more than once) "there's construction everywhere, you're not going to find a resort that doesn't have any" in a kind of condescending voice like he was personally offended we weren't enjoying our stay.
Ugh. Just go away. This sounds like an employee that not only would have not wanted to make an effort to help you, if you'd ended up with him, but for some reason feels that other employees shouldn't waste effort on you either. >:( I worked in food service for a long time, and my mom/grandma/great aunts all waitressed. I've learned how to tell between an employee that's new or doesn't know, vs one who is just a bad employee. New people get leniency, bad employees do not. I'm a big believer in If you don't like your job, find a new one. It's your own fault if you do nothing and just act lazy/bad/miserable/etc (I'm going through this at work right now with a coworker :sad2:) - Find a new job!

Another thing that bugged me that I'll mention here but I don't think I mentioned in the vlog is that I don't believe that AKL and SS were the only resorts that were available. I think they just didn't want to move us somewhere more expensive than our resort because then they'd lose money. I understand why this would be done, but people book resorts in certain areas for a reason. I know they probably didn't want to move us to a monorail resort, but we booked WL so we could be in the MK area and have easy access; and AKL is decently far from everywhere except AK.
And really, what are the odds that someone comes along that day and wants the same dates as you at rack rate at another MK resort?

Then another stressful thing happened. As we were dropping off our bags with bell services I noticed a number had left a message. The translate message thing on my phone had done a really poor job translating it, and I couldn't understand the person talking at all. I thought it was a wrong number, but then Josh listened. It was our apartment's maintenance man calling. (The one who hit my car, and then lied and said I hit him; and no I still haven't gotten it fixed because the paint is so expensive we're still looking for ready to go door with no luck so far). I guess he was had someone painting lines in the parking lot, and I needed to move my car (they never let us know about anything like this more than a day ahead at our complex which drives me crazy). I called him back and informed him we were not in the state so I couldn't. His answer "well uh I'll think of something". Which was kind of stressing me out. What if he hit my car again? What if he had it towed? :faint: (I had my dad drive by the next day and he confirmed that it was fine and it looked like they had easily been able to stripe around it).
I missed that it was the maintenance guy that hit you! Jerk. Maybe he just wanted to be difficult because of that. I'm glad your dad was able to check on it. That stuff drives me nuts too, when they don't give any notice.

Last summer in Disneyland, we turned in our rental car literally next to our hotel, because we wouldn't be using it while we were there. We turned it in the night we got there and the next morning, during our first park day, they left Zack a message saying we hadn't brought it back yet. It was like, um we walked by and SAW it this morning on our way into the park...

I swear they have a 6th sense for when a phone call is stressing you out. On our first trip I was having a stressful phone call with the CC company because we were having problems charging to our room, and while I was on the phone the stepsisters walked right next to where I was sitting and started making silly faces and waving to me. :tinker:
These are the Disney employees that make the magic :)

Our first stop was Philharmagic! Here's some posters from the queue:
I love the posters. They entertained me when we went in January.

We haven't done Philharmagic since our first trip, and honestly I wasn't so impressed. I think it needs a refurb badly. The 3D looked so blurry that I was getting a headache, and I ended up taking off the glasses and not watching most of it.
I thought it was cute, but could use a little work. Zack's a sucker for that stuff so I think we ended up going twice.

I think I was put off from going on it by that weird movie they made that was based on the attraction. It came out in the early 2000's and when I was a kid I remember seeing all kinds of commercials for it. And the movie looked so stupid, and the bears looked so strange.
OMG that movie :eek: That was a terrible terrible movie. My sister wanted to see it and we rented it... ugh. And just a bad storyline and everything (imo... :duck:). I did not know what to expect going in to the Jamboree. But it was great!

I know that was xtra work and stress but I'm glad you spoke up. I'm also glad they moved you. We loved our stay at AKL my only complaint was being far away from everything like you said.
Looking forward to your next Vlog.

Yes! There should be random cookie employees in all businesses. We actually have them kind of. Our delivery drivers give people cookies with all the deliveries and it's the thing we get the most compliments on :rotfl:

Your delivery drivers would be my favorite! At my old job, we had a vendor who sent little bags of jelly beans in all of the orders and people would fight over them. :rotfl:

I agree that the 2000's CBJ movie was a little odd!

Dealing with the WL construction drama sounds so awful, you guys got a pretty nice room in return though!

We lined up to the side of the door which left us wondering when it opened kind of pressing us into a corner, and letting everyone else in ahead why they line people up to the side? :confused:
They did this when we were there. I thought it was so strange then too! It's odd...

So, sorry to hear about your experience at WL! Bummer! And the CM interaction is a bummer as well. I guess they can't all be amazing CM. I am glad that AK turned out good for you guys...

All caught up!

So let's start while we were still in the hotel room (around the end of the last vlog). I just want to add this in because Josh loves this channel. :rotfl: It's the first thing he turns on every time we get to a Disney hotel, and then he spins around, and says "it's always spinning".

Haha funny! I'm always like, What is this channel for?

But that didn't really work out. Neither of us could really find anything we liked, and no one had come over to our table to help us so we just quietly left.

So weird!!

Next we strolled through World of Disney. Before we had gotten to DS, Josh's best friend had texted us to keep an eye out for some stuff for his girlfriend's birthday so I wanted to start looking. (I'll save this for another post, but I'm not the biggest fan of his girlfriend because she was very rude and condescending the first time we met; and I was kind of annoyed at having to search out the "perfect" gift for her while also trying to find my family things. Especially because her boyfriend was 0 help and just said I'd know best even though I don't know her very well).

Eh, that's just annoying to shop for people whom you don't really like. And how rude is it to not want to try and impress your boyfriend's best friend and gf? :confused3

Stay tuned next up will be a vlog, but then you'll get to hear the full story of how we ended up at AKL for the reminder of our trip.

Love the vlog. You and Jenna are so cute! What a fun girls night at DS!

I was annoyed because we were missing breakfast and getting to MK early, and I knew once this was settled our plans would probably have to change. Another thing that bugged me that I'll mention here but I don't think I mentioned in the vlog is that I don't believe that AKL and SS were the only resorts that were available. I think they just didn't want to move us somewhere more expensive than our resort because then they'd lose money. I understand why this would be done, but people book resorts in certain areas for a reason. I know they probably didn't want to move us to a monorail resort, but we booked WL so we could be in the MK area and have easy access; and AKL is decently far from everywhere except AK.

Aww sorry you had to deal with that but at least you got to stay at AKL when you weren't expecting it.

Also I just want to add we were very grateful they moved us, and we loved AKL and have no complaints with it. I think they found the best possible solution, but at the same time on vacation having to completely move hotels for something like that isn't a situation I think should be something you have to deal with at all. But I decided before we went I would speak up if something was wrong. I firmly believe that you have a right to enjoy your vacation, and if something is bothering you (within reason) you should speak to someone. We've gone on a lot of trips where in the past I've complained to you about waiters, taxi drivers, etc that were rude, and in retrospect I always wish I had said something at the time.

I would be annoyed especially since you already made plans and you took time out of your day to deal with that.
Good for you for speaking up. I know sometimes I just shy away from speaking my mind but I need to work on that. Hopefully I won't have to do it much at Disney.

We decided the best way to keep cool (and to stay away from crowds would be to do shows today). I've never gotten a picture of Cinderella's fountain somehow so I snapped one as we walked into Fantasyland.

I don't think I have a pic of this either!

I always close my eyes in Philharmagic. I love the music but I find it's a great way to get some rest in the middle of MK. That and CoP. :)

Which I loved! (And it was made even better by the little kid in back of me that was so excited he screamed yeehaw the whole time). :rotfl:

I'm glad you loved it! I loved it as a kid, then of course as I became and adult I thought I was too "old" for it - but now I have a newfound appreciation for it. It's a classic!

I think I was put off from going on it by that weird movie they made that was based on the attraction. It came out in the early 2000's and when I was a kid I remember seeing all kinds of commercials for it. And the movie looked so stupid, and the bears looked so strange.

Ugh that movie looked so had. I didn't see it as I thought it would ruin the attraction for me. (And also, I was too "old" for it!) but I'm glad I never saw it anyways!
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!