I'm not buying it

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we return sometime next year we are cutting the number of days wayyyyyyyy back. Going only to use up DVC points that expire the the end of next year.

Hi Snappy: We aren't dVC, but have been cutting back the number of days in our trips for a couple of years now. We used to stay 10 days. Now we are down to 7 or 6.. Most of it is due to the high cost of everything. We are considering Universal more and more these days. Hope things turn around and disney realizes the shows, entertainers, are a huge part of the experience.
We have no trips booked for next year at all.

How is that an issue? People are spending their money knowing there is a reduced experience but they still have the choice to spend that money. It's only an issue for people emotionally attached to the past Disney experiences. It will only hurt Disney if people refuse to pay for the current experience.
I do believe there are those of us who will pay to accept "a reduced experience". However, I also believe there are those of us who have a few non-negotiables at the current price (resort discounts included). I think what is important probably varies by family. We are not big into fireworks or parades (but respect that those are very important to others). We do value ADRs and FPs, without those, we are more likely to delay our return to the parks.

I think this was the plan all along and it got accelerated by the pandemic........It seems to me that WDW is using the pandemic as an excuse to eliminate a lot of the live entertainment and people that it had employed.

And today Josh D’Amaro announced that shows are coming back. It was completely pandemic related.

I think this was the plan all along and it got accelerated by the pandemic........It seems to me that WDW is using the pandemic as an excuse to eliminate a lot of the live entertainment and people that it had employed. Even prior to the pandemic there were rumors circulating that Disney was trying to cut costs by eliminating people from their jobs. Remember when it took a massive online campaign for Disney to restore Photopass photographers after their jobs were eliminated to technology? How can WDW competitors continue to have shows, live entertainment, etc. but WDW had to eliminate almost every single one of their performers? I hope the same thing happens and guests continue to pressure their management to restore these peoples jobs and to make WDW bring back the things that make it special for most of their guests. I think its a disgrace
I think we've seen the last of Disney's greatest years

Which shows are not returning? I understand the street entertainment has not returned. I would not be surprised if street entertainment did not return at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!