I'm Outnumbered! Parenting Alone Through The Panama Canal (EBPC 2017)

What day are you leaving for this next trip? I'm full of anticipation for you!

Great trip report! Wow, so between your cruises and writing up your TRs you're always cruising. Nice! I hope to cruise the Panama Canal some day. :goodvibes

Emily took a lemon meringue tart.

35.jpg

Here is the rest of her plate.

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

I went back for seconds. I don't generally care much for beef, but that beef stir fry was delicious.

40.jpg

I also took a mini key lime cheesecake. Yum!

41.jpg

Emily liked my food better than hers so she got some of her own.

42.jpg

What day are you leaving for this next trip? I'm full of anticipation for you!

We leave tomorrow morning. Yay!

Also, I'd like pics of you writing this trip report on the next one, lol :jester:

LOL! Maybe I'll finish. I still have today....and about a million other things to do...

Great trip report! Wow, so between your cruises and writing up your TRs you're always cruising. Nice! I hope to cruise the Panama Canal some day. :goodvibes

The last couple of years its worked out that way. Its definitely a pattern I'd love to keep up! Unfortunately, the cruise I leave on tomorrow will likely be our last PC cruise until the kids are grown. :( Jimmy begins dual enrollment classes at a local community college in the fall so we will likely be stuck on a regular school schedule until Emily graduates. That doesn't mean we're done cruising, though. I'm actually taking a solo cruise on the Carnival Breeze in May (Three weeks after we return from our upcoming PC cruise) to try out the line and see if it is right for my family. We are considering their R/T Hawaiian cruise next spring. We shall see.... I'll be sure to write up a mini review of that one, too, when I get back.

It was time for the Oceaneer Lab open house. Jimmy likes to take advantage of these since it is now the only time he's allowed to play here. Once again, we played the word association game we learned in the improv class. And once again, we had new friends join in the fun.

51.jpg

52.jpg

Tuckered out after a long hour of simultaneously chasing a ball and having to think creatively, we needed a snack. It was ice cream time!

53.jpg

One of Emily's new friends joined us.

54.jpg

Since we were on deck 9, Jimmy couldn't resist having a couple slices of pizza.

55.jpg

I also got each of the kids brownies from Cove Café.

56.jpg

By the time the kids finished their snacks, it was time for dance class.

57.jpg

58.jpg

We were on the Aug 2016 EBPC and will be on the 4/8 WBPC as well....maybe we'll see you on the ship!

Dance class was as exhilarating as always. Jimmy had I were really beginning to find our rhythm. I think James would be jealous. ;) Having worked up an appetite, we made our way to Triton's for dinner.

59.jpg

60.jpg

Emily started with hot cocoa, if you couldn't tell. ;)

61.jpg

Emily's all-time favorite server.

62.jpg

A hidden Mickey in the ice.

63.jpg

Oka looking dashing.

64.jpg

Geoffrey and Oka

65.jpg

The kids both began their meals with bowls of French fries.

66.jpg

For their main course, the kids both had the parmesan-crusted chicken. It got a double thumbs up.

67.jpg

I had the venison medallions. Delectable!

68.jpg

After the magic show, the kids scampered off to their clubs. I went for a walking tour around the ship. While out, I took a few pictures of things future DCL cruisers might be interested in.

The laundry room

84.jpg

85.jpg

And what is located on each deck via the sign in the elevators.

86.jpg

I went straight from my walk to Azure to play POP! Its a pop culture matching game.

87.jpg

When I returned to the cabin, I found this.

88.jpg

Jimmy wasn't actually sleeping. He just had his eyes closed listening to his audiobook.

89.jpg

He decided to join me on deck 4 while I walked until midnight.

90.jpg

By the time we returned to the cabin we were ready to call it a night. Hard to believe tomorrow is our last day at sea. :(

83.jpg

82.jpg

Up Next...Making the Most of Our Last Day Onboard

Enjoyed your trip report! I love all the food photos. We'll be back on the Disney cruise in October for the first time since our little girls were born.

Since it was our last day, we went all out. This was Emily's plate.

20.jpg

My plate.

21.jpg

This was Jimmy's plate.

22.jpg

The view from our table. Looks like it will be a lovely day.

23.jpg

24.jpg

Ratatouille was playing on the Funnel Vision. Emily wanted to stay and watch it.

25.jpg

26.jpg

I stopped by the cabin and this is what I found.

28.jpg

This is the lithograph we received for this cruise.

29.jpg

While Emily watched the movie on deck 9, Jimmy and I went to deck 4. My son is as addicted to deck 4 as James and I are.

30.jpg

What a magnificent day!

31.jpg

I returned to deck 9 when the movie ended to get Emily. She was ready for some ice cream. She was feeling a bit ambitious.

32.jpg

Needless to say, yet another ice cream cone met an untimely demise. We went into Cabana's to get her an even better one.

33.jpg

Then she and her ice cream joined Jimmy and I on deck 4.

34.jpg

The kids enjoyed a couple games of shuffleboard.

35.jpg

Oh my goodness! Another miracle - a third hazelnut molten cake day! Obviously we ate lunch in Triton's.

27.jpg

36.jpg

Emily's friend joined us for lunch. We skipped straight to dessert.

37.jpg

We all had double molten cakes with dulce de leche ice cream.

38.jpg

Once again, we were champions!

39.jpg

Then it was on to real food. Jimmy and Emily both had double calamari.

40.jpg

I had the marinated artichokes.

41.jpg

And Emily's friend had the meatloaf.

42.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!