I'm so excited, I've got a nibble -- wish me luck!!

Rajah

DIS Veteran
For the past, oh, 2 years, I've been designing cross stitch patterns on my own just for the fun of it. Recently, I've branched off from basic cross stitch into some patterns with more advanced techniques and stuff. I've ended up with 3 patterns that I really like and friends and family really thought I should try to sell.

Well, this weekend, they had a cross stitch show (technically includes all needlepoint and similar hobbies) here in town and *just* in case, I took my three most recent patterns and what I had stitched of one the first of the 3. I'd hoped to have it finished before the show, but didn't quite get it done in time, but took it anyway.

Well, once we got to the show, I figured I had *no* chance at all. Who would want to work with a budding designer, and the patterns I saw today were... well, beautiful just doesn't cover it. Way better than anything I've done yet.

But, when we got to the very last booth, I got started chatting with the owner and noticed that she carried space-themed patterns. I haven't done one of those yet, but have one in mind that I *almost* put together yesterday (wish I had taken the time to sketch it out after all now). Anyway, I mentioned that I was a budding designer and I may have some space themed stuff in the future and she said she's both producer and distributor and was very interested in space-themed stuff and wanted to see my designs.

So, I showed her what I had, and she seemed quite interested and said that even though they didn't fit the theme she had at the show, she does occasionally take patterns like what I was doing and will find people who *will* carry them. She works with several designers who don't want to do any of the footwork and stuff after they've designed the patterns -- which is my situation as well. She said she'd like me to talk to her after the show, so gave me her email and said she did want to hear from me. *And* that she wants me to get that space-themed pattern on paper to show her, and she wants me to do something more in the theme of what she carries -- which is something I really like, too, just hadn't done yet.

So there's the potential that I may be able to get my cross stitch patterns out there and available on the market!!! I'm so excited, and hope this works out! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I'm actually currently sketching trying to draw something that I could turn into a pattern that matches her theme. :)

Good Luck! That sounds opportunity knocking to me! :D :D :D

WAY COOL!! I am glad to see that talent is not wasted! and that it is being recognized!

best to you!
Joan

That is just wonderful, Tamie. I hope this turns out the way you hope. How exciting for you :)

Awesome!! That is SO neat! You must be a very talented person..

Can we all say we "knew" you "when"??????:teeth:

Hope it all works out well for you!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

How wonderful for you. My husband is a pretty good artist and I can just about put into fabric anything he draws. I so want to do this too. But in a quilting venue.

Go for it Raj. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

denise

Rajah ---- THAT'S COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea -- I thought you designed for yourself!!

Oh yeah :teeth: another BEAUTIFUL pattern to buy -----and never have time to stitch! ;) YOU know what I mean!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Splash -- I have only been designing for myself, but with these three patterns, my mom "threatened" me if I didn't at least *try* to sell them. ;) :teeth: If it happens, it'll never bring in enough to pay the bills, but maybe it'll help offset the cost of my hobby anyway ;)

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean about patterns that you have to have but never have time to stitch. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter