I'm speechless

Status
Not open for further replies.

drag n' fly

Sassy, salty and sweet....
Haven't been on the board in ages. Is the Pete Werner announcement open for discussion?

Haven't been on the board in ages. Is the Pete Werner announcement open for discussion?
That all depends on how much time you have to get lost down the steamy pile of poop. Head over to the Podcast/YouTube forum if you're looking to see the whys behind the announcement. If you're looking to start a discussion that has a CDN twist to it (since that's where you posted) who knows ? Personally I'm heartbroken for those involved and can only hope they find the healing they deserve

That all depends on how much time you have to get lost down the steamy pile of poop. Head over to the Podcast/YouTube forum if you're looking to see the whys behind the announcement. If you're looking to start a discussion that has a CDN twist to it (since that's where you posted) who knows ? Personally I'm heartbroken for those involved and can only hope they find the healing they deserve
Thanks for the info. I'm here because I'm Canadian. I've heard about the why's.
Truly heartbreaking.

I agree that it is absolutely devastating and I am shocked at the depths of sadness I have felt this past week once I went down the rabbit hole.

I am an infrequent poster but an avid, avid reader of these boards (since 2006 - multiple times a day), as well as a watcher of the podcast - and although I’ve never been a fan of Pete, I’ve enjoyed almost every one of the other contributors.

The grief I feel for this community is so deep - of course for the poor, dear victims, but also for the long-suffering podcast team, then for those long lost Dis’ers who’ve been banned and cast out for such petty reasons, and finally for us current Dis’ers who’ve found a home and friendships and a place to share our passion.

I really hope the Dis can continue to exist in a new, transparent and supportive iteration so that there can be something positive to come from such a tragedy.

I agree that it is absolutely devastating and I am shocked at the depths of sadness I have felt this past week once I went down the rabbit hole.

I am an infrequent poster but an avid, avid reader of these boards (since 2006 - multiple times a day), as well as a watcher of the podcast - and although I’ve never been a fan of Pete, I’ve enjoyed almost every one of the other contributors.

The grief I feel for this community is so deep - of course for the poor, dear victims, but also for the long-suffering podcast team, then for those long lost Dis’ers who’ve been banned and cast out for such petty reasons, and finally for us current Dis’ers who’ve found a home and friendships and a place to share our passion.

I really hope the Dis can continue to exist in a new, transparent and supportive iteration so that there can be something positive to come from such a tragedy.
Very well said. I've been here since the beginning. One board. It was BIG news when a Community Board was added, and then News and Rumours. I don't have plans for Disney, but this Canadian board always begins my day. My heart is breaking for all those you mentioned above, and, as more came out, it reminded me of the Lodge days with so many banned people. Webmaster Corey's announcement leads me to hope that the DIS can get back to its roots with a new person at the helm, whose focus is on the people that make/made this site a success.

I haven’t gone down the rabbit hole! Just saw the news and was surprised. I stopped watching the pod casts ever since one of Pete’s cronies attacked Bob Jackson at Port Orleans.
Very sad for all.

There is a very detailed discussion on the Unplugged forum of this website about what is going on.

Go to the “Disappointed” thread.
make sure to take lots of snacks, a box of Kleenex you'll be reading for a long time. Be aware, it needs to come with trigger warnings of SA and toxic work environments

No clue what this is about, but off I go to read.
Someone provided a concise way to search for the details of the stories without needing to wade thru pages and pages and pages of people talking about blaming others, who said what when, who knew or didn't know, about 5 pages devoted to the sedation one receives during a colonoscopy (nice distraction from the ugly stuff :P)

Check out this post
How to catch up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter