In-room Christmas magic this year?

Carlymouse

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! We will most likely be at Disney for Christmas this year. I know that right now Disney Floral and Gifts for in-room services are on hold, and I'm not sure if they will begin delivering again anytime soon.

My question is: for any of you who have stayed at Disney or another hotel/resort for Christmas, how did you create some in-room Christmas magic? It will be my husband and my 5 (almost 6) year old daughter with me, and I can't imagine not having some decorations (maybe a little tree) in the room, in addition to presents on Christmas morning. Suggestions?

We have always went to Walmart and spent $50-$75 on a tree and some ornaments. We would stay 7-9 nights and the children and then grandchildren would have such memories. Many times we could see the lit up tree in our room by the pool and hot tubs in the evenings. Christmas morning gift opening was very special with the gifts under the tree

I've thought about that, too. Do you just leave the tree behind at the end?
Yes. I posted on Dis boards that a tree would be available after the 26’th and another Dis member would pick it up at front desk. There used to be a tree exchange but I don’t think it exists anymore

Hello everyone! We will most likely be at Disney for Christmas this year. I know that right now Disney Floral and Gifts for in-room services are on hold, and I'm not sure if they will begin delivering again anytime soon.

My question is: for any of you who have stayed at Disney or another hotel/resort for Christmas, how did you create some in-room Christmas magic? It will be my husband and my 5 (almost 6) year old daughter with me, and I can't imagine not having some decorations (maybe a little tree) in the room, in addition to presents on Christmas morning. Suggestions?
Have Amazon send Christmas items to your Disney resort. Decorate together. Send home what you want to keep via postal service. Depending on ages and creativity levels: Color preprinted paper ornaments. Tie on the tree with flat ribbon. Or order inexpensive plastic balls. One string of lights would be enough for a small tree. Make red and green chain garland out of construction paper. Used a pillowcase for a tree skirt. There are sooooo many ideas on crafty websites that could be a part of your Disney Christmas decorating experience.

Have Amazon send Christmas items to your Disney resort. Decorate together. Send home what you want to keep via postal service. Depending on ages and creativity levels: Color preprinted paper ornaments. Tie on the tree with flat ribbon. Or order inexpensive plastic balls. One string of lights would be enough for a small tree. Make red and green chain garland out of construction paper. Used a pillowcase for a tree skirt. There are sooooo many ideas on crafty websites that could be a part of your Disney Christmas decorating experience.
Just make sure that Disney will accept larger parcels. They are very picky about this, especially around Christmas time as their space is limited

Just make sure that Disney will accept larger parcels. They are very picky about this, especially around Christmas time as their space is limited
Thank you for the heads-up. Over the past couple decades we have never had a problem with parcels being sent or items from Amazon being delivered (in recent years}. However, we have only had three Christmas visits during this time (albeit with no issues) but a great suggestion to double check. Thank you. :)

Do you know if they are allowing deliveries at the resorts from amazon now?

If you'll be at a value you can decorate your window and magnetic door.

I remember as a kid staying at Fort Wilderness and they hung stockings on our door on Christmas day. Does anyone know if they still do that? I don't remember much about what was in them, probably candy and few keepsake type items I imagine.

I remember as a kid staying at Fort Wilderness and they hung stockings on our door on Christmas day. Does anyone know if they still do that? I don't remember much about what was in them, probably candy and few keepsake type items I imagine.

They stopped that around 1998 or 2000

Do you know if they are allowing deliveries at the resorts from amazon now?
My apologies for the late answer. I do not. I was not even aware they had stopped. I would call the resort where you will stay a couple weeks out and they will know. As we all know many things are going to change over the next few months. Have a great Christmas at the Happiest Place on Earth.

They stopped that around 1998 or 2000
I give Dinsey all the credit and try to be positive about change. But over the years more and more of the "extras" have gone to the wayside.. In years gone bye at the Grand Floridian you were shown to your room. (We always asked for the same cast member, Denny, to meet us. The welcome home by Denny and Richard, the greeter, was so fun!.) The personal touch was outstanding. Each room had stationary and a postcard or two for immediate use or to take home. At Christmas amazing decorations made from Royal Frosting were placed in rooms. (I still have some that are 10 years old that I put out each holiday. They are rather petrified. :) At the Contemporary you are now walked to the elevator instead of to the floor. However, we have had a plate of fruit placed in our room as recently as a year ago. When you save and make the trip to the land of Pixi Dust and Magic, these little extras that have all but disappeared mean (meant) a lot. Sadly, there is more and more depersonalization.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter