"in" the system

Brayn28

isp to mco
Does anyone have any recent input on the time it takes from closing until you are in the system and able to make reservations...i saw some old posts and saw time frames anywhere from 3 days up to 30 days...as long as it is within 30 days i am not worried, but would like to get it done...i was told to call each day and see if i am in...when i they told me no i asked them if they could at least tell me if there is any shot of getting a studio apr 27- may2 and the woman told me there are "plenty" at SSR which set me at ease a little...i just dont wish i had more of an idea when i can officially make my reservation.

In my case it was 14 days from receipt of my closing check until "in the system" and able to make reservations. That was for a resale purchase. Purchases through Disney put you in the system almost immediatly, but the closing seems to take a long time. I know it seems like a long wait, but hang in there and Welcome Home!

2/22 - mailed checks & paperwork back to GMAC International
3/8 - was notified contracts closed and were recorded
3/8 - 3/9 - contract 1 mailed on 3/8 and the other on 3/9 to Disney
3/21 - received Disney packet through the mail from Disney with points charts and DVC planning guide
3/22 - called Disney and we're in the system for both contracts (still don't have internet access yet, though).

I had actually called Disney earlier this week and we weren't in the system on 3/18. According to MS, we can make reservations now. However, we are waiting on a separate mailing, which will provide information needed for internet account management.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup2

I had actually called Disney earlier this week and we weren't in the system on 3/18. According to MS, we can make reservations now. However, we are waiting on a separate mailing, which will provide information needed for internet account management.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup2

We called MS to get our internet access...the postcards came almost 2 months later. Go Buckeyes :woohoo:

Thanks for the info! I'll call MS, as I really want interenet access! As for the Bucks...I'm dying! The nail biters are killing me. We'll see what happens later this afternoon! Here's hoping for the best!!! pixiedust:

I closed on 2/27 and I am still not in the system.

I spoke directly to member accounting and I will be in the system by Wed at the latest.

Apparently my closing documents (DEED) was not sent to Disney timely and they did not recieve it until 3/20 when I called to complain to the real estate agency. So they got on the closing company.. and now Disney has everything...

I was also told not to worry about booking a studio for May as that is what I am waiting for!

Beth

Does anyone have any recent input on the time it takes from closing until you are in the system and able to make reservations...i saw some old posts and saw time frames anywhere from 3 days up to 30 days...as long as it is within 30 days i am not worried, but would like to get it done...i was told to call each day and see if i am in...when i they told me no i asked them if they could at least tell me if there is any shot of getting a studio apr 27- may2 and the woman told me there are "plenty" at SSR which set me at ease a little...i just dont wish i had more of an idea when i can officially make my reservation.

We closed on 3/15 and was in the system making ressies on 3-21...Just 6 days later...You should have no problem being in within 30 days I would think...Good luck

We closed on 3/15 and was in the system making ressies on 3-21...Just 6 days later...You should have no problem being in within 30 days I would think...Good luck[/QUOTE

that would be wonderful! Not only do i have this last minute trip, we are getting a 2 BR at our home resort at VWL for presidents week next Feb and we are right at the 11 month window now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter