In your opinion what is the most UNDERrated thing in WDW?

SO many! Restaurant Marrakesh - yes, it could be more authentic, but its a really beautiful atmosphere with the belly dancers and the music.

The Swolphin (you could argue if its Disney) but I absolutely love it.

TTA!

Walking from DHS to Epcot, I love that walk, seeing the lake and the passing boats, stopping for a drink at the Boardwalk you have to finish by the time you get to Epcot.

Happy smiles now from this woman!

I know I might get skewered for this, but....... Swiss Family Robinson tree. It is an excellent representation of the book/movie and people who think there is nothing to see are missing the details that went into the "tree". Walt was an imagineer and there is a lot of imagination to take the movie and represent it the way it is in the exhibit. You essentially are taken into the journey and if you close your eyes can imagine what it would be like to be faced with the odds of a castaway life.
I also think China as an Epcot land is underrated. Their land has a lot of cultural and historical artifacts and shows that are a must for a history or culture buff.
I love the treehouse too! Definitely top of my underrated list

I know it is changing and who knows what it will become but I always thought CBR was underrated. I always felt like I was getting two vacations WDW and the Caribbean. Once we stayed in Trinidad South and walked over one morning to OPR it was such a beautiful walk (long but beautiful). I love the OPR atmosphere but then again POC is my favorite gift shop lol. Just recently we spent one night in Jamaica and somewhere over by the Island Market store was an area set in the back that had some voodoo ambiance to it dark & out of the way, lol, like Calypso's abode in POC Dead Man's Chest (I know I am crazy).

I agree with many stated. A couple not already stated:

place where you learn to draw a character in DHS.....and get to take your drawing home (great souvenir of kids' drawings),
pin trading with CM (lots of great times with kids, no lines, AC, interaction with CMs)
I enjoyed Circle of Life
buzz light year (love competing with family and have done it over and over)

And some of my favorites already mentioned (must dos each trip):

Flights of Wonder
COP
TTA
The Land
Philharmagic
laugh floor
muppets show in DHS

I absolutely love the Carousel of Progress, People Mover and Tom Sawyer's Island in MK.

Resort hopping is wonderful and I really enjoy the lounges as a nice respite from all the busyness.

Dinoland-specifically Restaurantasorus. You could spend an hour looking at all of the details in that place. The "notes" left by previous archeologists, grease handprint dinosaurs in the "garage" area, the "girls only" loft. The place is fabulous! The big gift shop is pretty fun too. And they area goes all out for Christmas.

I hate that it always gets a bad rap.
This is our fave quick service restaurant- the veggie burgers and fries are some of the best in WDW. Next trip I will be sure to check out the details!

We discovered on our spring break trip last year that we had been overlooking some wonderful experiences for years! During the peak crowd times we hit the Tiki Room, CoP, Country Bears and the TTA. All are underrated yet fabulous in our opinions!

Pin Trading - DD and DW lovvvve it. And it helps fill any lull during any walk or wait. Winding down at the end of each night, it's fun seeing yesterday's prize get reconsidered for tomorrow's trading pool. :-)

Celebration Buttons - (but I guess this could be consider CMs too). When it was DD's birthday, having all the CMs acknowledge her made her feel extra special.

Pools - The CMs do such a good job around the pools. It makes an afternoon recharge siesta extra relaxing for Mummy and Daddy while DD is entertained a bit, so we can all head back refreshed for round 2.

I love Spaceship Earth, but I always listen to it in different languages because I'm still bitter about losing the Jeremy Irons narration (and the theater being born).
I'm still bitter about losing the Walter Cronkite narration. He was my favorite of the 4 narrators Spaceship Earth has had.

The walk or run along the canal between DHS and the Boardwalk. It is peaceful and much quicker to walk than take the boat. I try to do at least one run there every trip and we pretty much always make a dinner reservation at Epcot on our DHS day so we make the walk then as well.

I could ride Living with the Land all day long. We've done the Behind the Seeds tour a couple times. I just love gardening and plant life, so I find it really interesting.

The raspberry macaron inside the French pavilion! My favorite dessert on property...and I am a dessert junkie. I have made a special trip into epcot for it more than once (or a race through a thunderstorm to grab one when we decided to leave the park early, lol). Norway's school bread is pretty amazing, too.

We LOVE the Peoplemover!

So, thanks to people in this thread reminding me of other underrated things, my list has grown to:
  • PeopleMover
  • LTT
  • Living with the Land
  • Flights of Wonder
  • Fresh peanut butter cookies from confectionary
:love:

For me it has to be the Carousel of Progress (it was the first ride my Gramps took me on when I first went to Disneyword so I have a soft spot for it), followed closely the the PeopleMover. Mickey's Philharmagic is a close 3rd

It has to be Mickey's PhilharMagic for me. My family loves the musical decor throughout the attraction (including the awesome musical-pun posters), the show is awesome and features some of our favorite Disney songs too. I just wish they had more merchandise for the show, or more music themed merchandise in general really.

After seeing it get slapped down a lot in the other thread, I think Fantasmic is underrated. Our last trip was the first visit to WDW for my GF and it was her favorite thing there. In fact, she loved the show so much I still catch her singing some of the music to herself now (over a year later). Awesome show that definitely has that Disney magic.

For me it has to be Tom Sawyer's Island. My kids just love the fort area, the barrel bridge, and the mining cave where you can barely see where you are going. I also just love the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot.

Disney's Magical Express and resort airline check in. The convenience of my luggage going from the curb at my home airport to my room at my resort is wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter