Increasing number of people for ADR?

JerseyJanice

A Disboards original...
It looks very likely that another family will be joining us for our upcoming Free Dining Bounceback trip. I am so thrilled about it BTW! They're newbs! :) They are hoping to get a general public Free Dining offer soon.

I booked a bunch of ADRs already. Is it possible to upgrade the number of people on my existing ADRs? Or do we need to start from scratch if we want to sit together? Would it make any sense to have them try to make similar ADRs, then ask to sit together when we check in?

to all my adrs yesterday, over the phone with a super nice CM Tracy. Could not add to my perfect Fantasmic package though. I'm going to keep calling but if I can't get it changed to 3 people, we're just going to show up and see what happens.

to all my adrs yesterday, over the phone with a super nice CM Tracy. Could not add to my perfect Fantasmic package though. I'm going to keep calling but if I can't get it changed to 3 people, we're just going to show up and see what happens.

I'd be adding 3 to a group of 4.

I have the Fantasmic package too and may do the same thing.

I'd be adding 3 to a group of 4.

I have the Fantasmic package too and may do the same thing.

It would probably work for Pooch since a party of three would be sitting at a four topper anyway and you'd only be adding one more person to the Fantasmic seating voucher. It would not work for Janice, since you'd be going from a four topper to an eight topper, plus you'd be adding three more people to the Fantasmic voucher. Those bigger tables are harder to come by. I say it wouldn't work, because I have personally seen Mama Melrose turn people away more than once, who showed up with extra people. Another restaurant that will turn you away if you show up with enough extra people to require a bigger table is Le Cellier. I've seen lots of parties turned away there. I've also seen a party turned away at Jiko when they had an extra couple with them. Going from one to two, three to four, five to six, etc. is usually not a problem, because you'd be seated at a table that seats the even number anyway. The problem comes in when you suddenly need a bigger table than you'd have been seated at originally.

It would probably work for Pooch since a party of three would be sitting at a four topper anyway and you'd only be adding one more person to the Fantasmic seating voucher. It would not work for Janice, since you'd be going from a four topper to an eight topper, plus you'd be adding three more people to the Fantasmic voucher. Those bigger tables are harder to come by. I say it wouldn't work, because I have personally seen Mama Melrose turn people away more than once, who showed up with extra people. Another restaurant that will turn you away if you show up with enough extra people to require a bigger table is Le Cellier. I've seen lots of parties turned away there. I've also seen a party turned away at Jiko when they had an extra couple with them. Going from one to two, three to four, five to six, etc. is usually not a problem, because you'd be seated at a table that seats the even number anyway. The problem comes in when you suddenly need a bigger table than you'd have been seated at originally.

I understand that going from 4 to 7 people changes the size of the table so what should we do? Is it possible to keep our existing ADRs just changing the number of people? Or do we make new ones? Or should the friends try to make a set of their own ADRs at the same times?

Free Dining has not been announced so far, so I can't do anything yet.

i would try making them seperate adrs for the same time if you can and when you get there request to be sat together we had to do this on our last trip. We had to wait and extra 10-15 min but they accomadated us at every one because we both had ressies and just wanted to be seated near eachother. i would try to do as many as you can that way call and try to add on the ones that you cant do that too or vice versa

You need to start over and make new ADRs, they can't add extra people to the existing ones. I also would be reluctant to show up for an ADR for four with seven people, but someone else may have actual knowledge as to how likely you might be to get seated anyway. Fantasmic Package I'm pretty sure you have to try and rebook. I do not know how likely they would be to allow you to be seated with your package for four if you show up with seven.

Free Dining has not been announced so far, so I can't do anything yet.

If they're going anyway, free dining or not, try and rebook now if you are still going to eat with them. If you wait until free dining is announced it might limit your chances of getting new reservations for the larger party.

I agree, if you know they are going regardless if the FD is offered or not, why not just make the ressies with them now? If you show up with 3 extra people you will not be seated, as others have stated.

I called and just added an extra two people to my package and no problems. The only problem was the Fantasmic package. We couldn't get Mama Melrose's and had to do Hollywood and Vine. We may just end up dropping the package altogether. Good luck! It really wasn't that hard to do :)!

It would probably work for Pooch since a party of three would be sitting at a four topper anyway and you'd only be adding one more person to the Fantasmic seating voucher.

oh from your mouth to God's ear!!!!:worship:

oh from your mouth to God's ear!!!!:worship:

Call to try to change the number on Fantasmic packages--they are VERY picky about these packages. It is not just easy to do because you're going from just 3 to 4 and will fit at the same size table...that works for regular reservations/tables but will not work for Fantasmic tickets. If you just show up with extra people at a Fantasmic package, they will not give you the extra tickets. Every time we've done the Fantasmic package, we have heard people arguing with the manager about trying to get an extra ticket for Grandma/Uncle Joe/my little niece, etc. who came along for the day. Every time the manager has told them no you can't get extra tickets...the person is welcome to eat at the restaurant, they will find a table big enough for the group, but only the number originally reserved will get tickets on the Fantasmic part of the deal. They cannot just issue extra Fantasmic tickets because that is a set number for each day which are pre-booked and there are no "extra" tickets available to issue at the last minute. Have never seen the restaurants back down on this one. Just an FYI so you're not going in there too hopeful :thumbsup2

Something to consider...

If you are happy with your current reservations, I would not make any changes.

What if your friends... don't end up going... cancel... or their dates don't match yours exactly? (Even 1 or 2 days at the beginning or end of your trip, will mean needing to change your ADR's.)

I booked our ADR's back in Nov., in Jan, friends decided to join us. We just had them book some of the same restaurant for the same time. This way, if they cancel or decide to skip an ADR, we still have our ADR at our choice restaurant, and need not worry about making changes at the last minute or being responsible for any cancellations fees.

We travel with these friends quite often, and get along great, but we have a few separate ADR's... and that's a good thing.

Call to try to change the number on Fantasmic packages--they are VERY picky about these packages. It is not just easy to do because you're going from just 3 to 4 and will fit at the same size table...that works for regular reservations/tables but will not work for Fantasmic tickets. If you just show up with extra people at a Fantasmic package, they will not give you the extra tickets. Every time we've done the Fantasmic package, we have heard people arguing with the manager about trying to get an extra ticket for Grandma/Uncle Joe/my little niece, etc. who came along for the day. Every time the manager has told them no you can't get extra tickets...the person is welcome to eat at the restaurant, they will find a table big enough for the group, but only the number originally reserved will get tickets on the Fantasmic part of the deal. They cannot just issue extra Fantasmic tickets because that is a set number for each day which are pre-booked and there are no "extra" tickets available to issue at the last minute. Have never seen the restaurants back down on this one. Just an FYI so you're not going in there too hopeful :thumbsup2

DB doesn't care, I don't care, only DD really loves the show. So, if they let us dine together, I'd be fine letting DD and DB (he's never seen it) use the package tickets and I'll go in the regular entrance. At some point they do open the reserved section so maybe I can join them then. If not, we'll just meet somewhere afterwards. I do thank you for the heads up!! I'll keep trying & at least I have a good idea of what to expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter