Independence for 11 year olds

On our last cruise in April we gave both our boys (11 & 9) in and out privileges and charging privileges and they were fine. I think they only bought popcorn a couple times at the movies and ice cream once; there is so much free food/treats/activities they didn't spend much. My 11 year old loved Edge and spent most of his time there, which made my younger son want to spend less time in the clubs so he hung out with us more. They both were required to text us whenever they changed locations (older one has a phone and younger used his ipod) and the younger one either had to stay with his brother or go straight to the room (on deck 5 just around the corner from the clubs) to meet us when he left the clubs. They really enjoyed the freedom and did great with it.

We just returned from the Fantasy. First timers and DS9 did wonderfully on his own. We said he could get a drink and popcorn and ice cream from Sweet on You TWICE each during the trip. It worked fine and you can track purchases by name on the app.

Which ships have arcades? That will make a big difference for whether we can give charging privileges to our own son.

Which ships have arcades? That will make a big difference for whether we can give charging privileges to our own son.
I don't believe any of them do anymore. On the Magic and Wonder the arcade was turned into Edge; and on the Dream and Fantasy the arcade became Sweet on You/ Vanellope's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter