Indiana Jones Adventure: after hours event March 4-5 (AP Exclusive)

Kender

DIS Veteran
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...f-indiana-jones-adventure-at-disneyland-park/
Join us as we celebrate the 25th anniversary of Indiana Jones Adventure! Annual Passholders have the opportunity for a bonus adventure by experiencing the attraction an hour after park closing on Mar. 4 and 5. Wristbands are required. Check-in at Star Wars Launch Bay for wristbands beginning at 6:30 p.m. for day of visit. Valid Annual Passport must be presented; photo ID may be required. Blockout dates apply. Wristbands available while supplies last.***

Original post:
No page to link to yet, was announced yesterday via the official AP Twitter and Facebook accounts. Also zero details besides the date and that "wristbands will be required".

Will update post when more details available.

Don't look into the eyes of the idol! But do bring your valid Annual Passport with you when you experience Indiana Jones™ Adventure after park hours! Adventure awaits you March 4-5. Wristband required, while supplies last. Additional details to come.

EDIT: Official AP page posted a comment on their Facebook post that the event will be free. Still waiting for details on how one registers/gets a wristband.

Last edited:
Uh oh... does that mean they are going to close for refurbishment sometime after that?? This was the one ride I was really hoping to go on for our trip in May... I will be super bummed if it's closed, since they clearly aren't doing the refurb before March!

Uh oh... does that mean they are going to close for refurbishment sometime after that?? This was the one ride I was really hoping to go on for our trip in May... I will be super bummed if it's closed, since they clearly aren't doing the refurb before March!
I am hosting the March and April check-in threads, so I have been monitoring the ride refurbishment schedule closely. Currently, the schedule extends to April 3 and Indy is not on it. That's not to say something won't change, but currently there is no indication that Indy will close for refurb in March.

I am hosting the March and April check-in threads, so I have been monitoring the ride refurbishment schedule closely. Currently, the schedule extends to April 3 and Indy is not on it. That's not to say something won't change, but currently there is no indication that Indy will close for refurb in March.

I know nothing has officially been scheduled but didn't they announce at the end of the year that Indy was supposed to get a refurb this spring? It was just a mystery as to when, and since my trip wasn't until May I was hoping for a refurb earlier in the year that would be done by then... but with the anniversary in March and now this event, it's clearly happening later instead of sooner (if it's still happening at all :P)

I know nothing has officially been scheduled but didn't they announce at the end of the year that Indy was supposed to get a refurb this spring? It was just a mystery as to when, and since my trip wasn't until May I was hoping for a refurb earlier in the year that would be done by then... but with the anniversary in March and now this event, it's clearly happening later instead of sooner (if it's still happening at all :P)
I could be completely off, but my memory is that Disney hasn't officially announced the refurbishment at all. They had to file a permit application with Anaheim, and it was the fact of the permit plus some of the construction details included in it that tipped off the world about the coming refurbishment. I think a springtime refurbishment was just speculation focused around whether it would go down for refurbishment before or after its anniversary date. Does anyone else remember differently?

For my part--and based on absolutely nothing--I think it will go down either in late May/early June after Haunted Mansion comes back up, OR in the mysterious "summer" around the time Avengers Campus opens. Either one of those events would distract from Indy's closure and perhaps make it feel less impactful.

No page to link to yet, was announced yesterday via the official AP Twitter and Facebook accounts. Also zero details besides the date and that "wristbands will be required".

Will update post when more details available.

Does this mean Disneyland may be a lighter crowd day since the park will be closing early? We are coming up just for the day on 3/5 and would LOVE lighter crowds. We’ll be gone before this begins so the shorter hours won’t bother us. I hope they don’t change park opening to 8am. Was really looking forward to a 9am opening!!!!

Does this mean Disneyland may be a lighter crowd day since the park will be closing early? We are coming up just for the day on 3/5 and would LOVE lighter crowds. We’ll be gone before this begins so the shorter hours won’t bother us. I hope they don’t change park opening to 8am. Was really looking forward to a 9am opening!!!!

I don't think DL is closing early for the event. Looks like relatively normal hours to me for the time of year (10pm on a weekday; not quite spring break time yet). It looks like this is similar to the "get to ride X ride after regular closing" they were doing for APs last year, but requires registration of some sort. So I wouldn't expect lighter crowds because of this event.

I have not seen anything about when HM is coming back. Anyone?

:wizard:

I keep hearing reports of early May. But that's third hand from people who reported hearing it from travel agents.

I don't think DL is closing early for the event. Looks like relatively normal hours to me for the time of year (10pm on a weekday; not quite spring break time yet). It looks like this is similar to the "get to ride X ride after regular closing" they were doing for APs last year, but requires registration of some sort. So I wouldn't expect lighter crowds because of this event.

I keep hearing reports of early May. But that's third hand from people who reported hearing it from travel agents.

The Disneyland Attraction Calendar shows HM as closed for refurbishment through April 30 and “Schedule Unavailable” (along with every other ride except SWSA, KAC, and Red Car Trolley) starting on May 1. I wouldn’t call this official information, but it does offer some hope that HM will reopen in early May.

Indiana Jones goes “Schedule Unavailable” on April 5 (along with most, but not all attractions). Again, this unofficial info gives some hope that IJ will be open until at least April 4.

The Disneyland Attraction Calendar shows HM as closed for refurbishment through April 30 and “Schedule Unavailable” (along with every other ride except SWSA, KAC, and Red Car Trolley) starting on May 1. I wouldn’t call this official information, but it does offer some hope that HM will reopen in early May.

Indiana Jones goes “Schedule Unavailable” on April 5 (along with most, but not all attractions). Again, this unofficial info gives some hope that IJ will be open until at least April 4.
Where is this magic calendar that goes through April?! I must be looking in the wrong place, and can only find daily information through April 3.

Update: saw a comment on the Facebook post about this that confirmed there will be no charge for this event. So it's definitely similar to last year's "enjoy this ride after park hours" AP events. But they must expect it to be popular enough to warrant requiring registration.

No details yet if one can register in advance for the wristband or if it will be a day of registration. Considering the morning ROTR craziness that already exists, I really hope they don't make it day of at opening.

March 4 is the 25th Anniversary of the ride's opening. There was never any chance that it was going to be closed down for that. And there was never any possibility they would close it while Haunted Mansion is still being refurbished.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter