Indy and My Cell Phone (with flash photos!)

pxlbarrel

They won't allow any kind of cow
It has been a tradition that I close my Disneyland vacations with a ride on the Indiana Jones ride. Don't know how it started but that's how it is. So on Sunday, I went to ride it with a friend right after the second performance of Fantasmic. The park was going to close soon but we knew we had one more ride left. As we were going through the line, I took my cell phone and put it in my camera bag for safe keeping (the irony of this becomes apparent later). And then off we went on our bouncy adventure. It was awesome as usual...until the dart room. We were just about to exit the dart room when the ride stopped. We sat in the dark for a while...and then the emergency lights came on...then an announcement to remain in our vehicles (since we were strapped in, there was no chance of us 'escaping'). Minutes passed...and another announcement (same as before)....more minutes...and another announcement. We could hear people in the other stranded cars talking as we were.

Then we saw 2 castmembers with a step ladder walk by us to the cars behind us. About 10 minutes later, they reappeared with a gaggle of fellow riders and they helped us get out of our car. At this point, not wanting to leave a golden opportunity behind me, I whipped out my camera to take a couple of photos...not remembering that my cell phone was perched on top of my camera in the bag. I heard something drop but not thinking it was my cell phone (because it's never in my camera bag...argh), I didn't think anything of it. And off we went down the hill from the hanging Indy and the rolling boulder. When we got down that hill, I realized that my cell phone was missing. The castmembers wouldn't let me go back and get it because there were only 2 of them and they couldn't let me go alone and one of them couldn't go with me. So we trudged to the end of the ride and one of the cast members went back to look for it for me.

Unfortunately, he couldn't find it. I'm not sure why since I knew exactly where it would be. <sigh> I ended up going to Lost and Found just before they closed and midnight to file my loss. I flew out of Los Angeles the next day without my beloved cell phone. :(

My friend, who wasn't flying out until Monday evening and is an annual passholder, went back to the park on Monday and eventually got word to me, via another friend's email account, that he had gone over to Lost and Found and they had told him that they had found my phone (exactly where I described in the claim) and they had already mailed it to me. I confirmed it today when I called them. They had mailed it to me by regular mail (I'm in Canada). With any luck, I'll have my phone back next week.

And here I thought the animatronic Indy would be racking up my phone bill with calls to the real Temple of Doom. :teeth:

My thanks to the wonderful cast members. I know it wasn't their fault and it wasn't their choice to not let me go back to get it. I'm just grateful they found it and are mailing it back to me....Disney's customer service rocks!

And...I'll post those Indy photos when I've had a chance to resize them. ;)

The first photo has a lot of "ghost orbs" in it. Woooooooooooo... :rotfl2:

IMG_3792.JPG

IMG_3793.JPG

IMG_3794.JPG

IMG_3795.JPG

IMG_3796.JPG

Glad you got your phone back! :thumbsup2 I remember Gary (I remember his name as it's mine too) the CM at the merhcandise drop-off and pick-up point at the front of the park was telling us about how they send stuff out to people if it's reported lost and they find it. I thought it was really nice that they do that but we were all curious as to how often they actually do it. And now I read this. I guess more often than I thought? I won't panic TOO much if I happen to lose anything at the Resort in the future. ;)

FANTASTIC pics btw. I've STILL not been a ride that's broken down at the DLR!! :( And I wanted to so bad. :rotfl: Well, Small World did go a little funky with no music or models moving and they switched the main lights on but I didn't really class that as a breakdown. It's so cool seeing your favourite rides from a different perspective. It happened a lot in IOA last time we were in Florida. Anyways, thanks for sharing and I hope you receive your phone safely soon!! :)

Oh my goodness! That first pic is friggin scary! I don't know why but it gave me the chills!

How nice of them! I hope you get your phone soon! :) I was on the People Mover when it broke down when I was a kid and we had to walk the plank over tomorrowland to get down!

When we went on Tuesday, Indy was shut down for most of the morning :sad1: We did finally get to ride it, incident free, later on in the day.

mystic_path said:
Could Indy be haunted???? :confused3
Possibly... it looks pretty darn scary from those pics. You don't realise how creepy the setting is when you're on the ride as it's over so quick and it's so bumpy and the noise and whatnot. The long drive upto the hanging Indy is quite scary. Especially the tunnel-like roof. :worried:

It's a great ride though. Although I sometimes think the queue time is a bit extreme for what it is.

speaking of being stuck on rides... my family and i got stuck on POTC a few weeks ago, and we were inside the ride for like an hr.. and lik 15mins before we started to move they finally turned the audio off.. lol... they turned on the lights too.. and we had left our camera at the hotel that day. perfect timing huh? lol

tigger0215 said:
speaking of being stuck on rides... my family and i got stuck on POTC a few weeks ago, and we were inside the ride for like an hr.. and lik 15mins before we started to move they finally turned the audio off.. lol... they turned on the lights too.. and we had left our camera at the hotel that day. perfect timing huh? lol

Good gosh....you listened to "Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirates Life for Me" for 15 minutes?????

I swear...people complain about It's a Small World but after this trip to Disneyland, I was sick of the Pirate song....gaaaah...I love the ride but that song was EVERYWHERE.

pxlbarrel said:
Good gosh....you listened to "Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirates Life for Me" for 15 minutes?????

I swear...people complain about It's a Small World but after this trip to Disneyland, I was sick of the Pirate song....gaaaah...I love the ride but that song was EVERYWHERE.

Yes! and we were at the part in the ride where he 3 pirates (the one in a red & white striped shirt) and the donkey..lol.. the funny thing is i got cell phone reception in that spot! :rotfl: its funny cuz i never get reception in the park... :lmao: Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A Pirates Life for me over and over..lol pirate: .. then cast members were on the loud speaker sayin that CAptain Jack Sparrow has caused some mischief (sp?).

pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

My cell phone arrived today in a bubble envelope. Not a scratch on it and it works perfectly. It looks like they tried calling my parents house but because they were at my house (waiting to leave for the airport to pick us up) nobody was at their home to pick up the phone!!

Thanks Disney! Now THAT's customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter