Infinity falls

Yeah, they missed the boat on that one so to speak.

But I would rather they take the time they need to get it right vs speeding it up and it taking someone's head off or something.

Two weeks ago I heard any day now, but like you said, no soft openings so it will be a while yet.

I am beginning to wonder if we'll be able to ride it on our late October trip. At the rate they're going, we might be able to attend the grand opening :rolleyes:.

From what I heard from a manager, that the contractor has had delays because of the weather (yeah, I know it's Florida) and other delays, but the new Sesame stuff is going quicker then expected. Who knew. Still behind walls when we went the 30th of August, and got a good view of the Sesame stuff from back stage.

IMHO there is basically no chance of it opening by the 15th, probably not even a soft open. My best guess based on what I have seen - the last week of September or first week in October, somewhere in there.

Of course that assumes that everything goes perfect from here on out, and historically I am not sure "perfect" ever applies to this ride.

Its sad...for a company struggling to get people thru the gate...that they blew the opening of the new ride this badly...even the Orlando Sentinel was criticizing them for taking this long....wasted the entire summer!

Its sad...for a company struggling to get people thru the gate...that they blew the opening of the new ride this badly...even the Orlando Sentinel was criticizing them for taking this long....wasted the entire summer!

Actually, this year attendance has been sky high.

Also, all the issues they are having have nothing to do with them, and everything to do with the construction companies failing on following through on their contracts and basically everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.

I honestly know nothing about ticket prices.

But I do know free beer didn't happen until Memorial Day. Which is HALF WAY through the year. Attendance was already way up.

I can say that being present in the park very regularly. The park is busier. And have been all year.

I'm honestly NOT trying to argue with u....But there are more than one SeaWorld Park...and I was in SeaWorld San Diego at the end of May 2018 and I kid u not...a total of 16 vehicles in the parking lot when we arrived @ 11am ....We rode most everything without a single other person with us...There couldn't have been 150 people in the entire park....ate lunch...not another person in the restaurant with us...watched the seal/walrus show...maybe 15 people with us...Rode Manta 6 times by ourselves in a row without getting off....Rode Electric Eel which IF i'm not mistaken had just opened 3 weeks earlier, 4 times in the front with only 2 others without getting off....Tixs cost $44...bought them at our hotel across the street from Disneyland

Oh and my tixs for SeaWorld Orlando...$49 each tax included!

I'm not doubting u that attendance is up at SeaWorld Orlando from last year....I love all the SeaWorld Parks...and I've been to ALL of them...even the long closed one in Ohio...BUT they aren't really in a position to drop the ball like this on the new Infinity Falls ride...they can't afford the bad press IMO

Agreed that ball has been dropped on infinity falls. But I wouldn't necessarily blame them for it. I also think they need to get back to what makes their product and park different from everyone, and stop building rides. Guests don't come to visit SeaWorld for the rides. They come to see the animals, and a lot of their exibits are older (many were built during the Anheuser-Busch days). And need some serious refurb,rather than spending money on rides.....

But I know that all of their earnings reports for the year have shown an overall significant increase in park attendance. I think (as always) the Orlando parks are carrying the weight of the other parks.

While I don't mind new rides (I absolutely love Mako- I've been riding since it was in previews), I agree that Wild Arctic needs some major refurbishment done

I think in todays way people vacation it is a good thing for them to keep improving the non animal type of attractions and I do agree the old animal areas could use a facedoup.

I like the rides but I go for the animals. Some people might go for the attractions and maybe see an animal. (probably by mistake which I think is a shame)

Sea world has just taken such a hit from, well all of us sea world lovers know where the hit has been coming from.

I am afraid they are trying to turn it into something that I will not be interested in going to anymore, and for that I will forever be disappointed. But if they need to change the focus of the parks beyond the animal attractions to keep attendance up. That is what has to be done.

And let's be honest, as a roller coaster liker, it is great to see three main parks putting in the effort because it doesn't let the others get lazy.

The construction walls are now down. They said they would be opening the restaurant today but it was not yet open by about noon. I did see some boats running but no one in them. I would expect them to open the ride, at least a soft open, next week sometime.

I just posted the menu pictures from Waterway Grille in the menu sticky folder. They made some changes to the old restaurant building but if you were in it before it closed you will recognize it. They did change the entrance to the passholder lounge, which was closed when I was there, it is now on the left hand side of the bar rather than being on the right hand side. The doors to the lounge were closed so I could not see what it looked like in there.

On one of the FB pages I'm on, somebody posted that Media Day is Oct 4th. So if that's the case, an opening date should be announced soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter