Info on Bounceback offer

msgoofy

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this has been asked before.

We have been to WDW many times but never booked using the Bounceback offer. We'll be staying at Pop Century in October and wondered what the current offer is.

Can someone give me some details on how it works? Would be have to stay at Pop Century again? Can tickets and dining be added at a later date?

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

In October, the BB should be free dining for 2018 (I believe that the free dining BB is offered until 10/31). You don't have to stay at Pop again...you can choose any of the eligible resorts that are offered. You would have to book the minimum day tickets which is a 2 day park hopper (and/or the plus option that includes the water parks) and then, obviously, dining would be included. The dates offered for 2018 are:

• May 29 – June 5, 2018
  • June 29 – July 11, 2018
  • August 1 – September 8, 2018
  • December 7 – 22, 2018

I believe late September or in October is when the current BB offer switches to a new offer, either FD or RO or both. A BB offer is much like Disneys other discounts, but usually a little better and better resort choices. The offer is normally in the "Be our Guest" book (if that is what it is still called) or you can call ext 8844 to find out what the current offer is. You need to call BEFORE you checkout to take advantage of it. No, you do not have to book POP, you will have resorts from all levels available.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

We have been to WDW many times but never booked using the Bounceback offer. We'll be staying at Pop Century in October and wondered what the current offer is.

Can someone give me some details on how it works? Would be have to stay at Pop Century again? Can tickets and dining be added at a later date?

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Same exact thing with us!

We tried to do a BB for the very first time this August. Stayed at AKL, tried for early December. I got all prepped with spread sheets and price estimations and printed it all out so I would be ready with whatever combination of rooms/views/locations came up when I made "the call". I even checked the WDW website daily approaching our trip to see which rooms for our time frame were still available, and even double checked on the day I was making "the call".

I assumed if a room was open, I could get a BB offer on it because that was the point, you're here, thanks for staying here, here's an offer to come back quickly. Bounce on back.

We were totally open to resort as well, whatever deluxe resort had a BB offer, we would consider it. So I spread out all the papers on the bed, got a pen and paper ready for notes, made the call and...nothing was available!! :rotfl2:Not a single room for a single deluxe resort for when we were hoping to go! I didn't realize the BB could "sell out" like a regular room discount offer, but it can and it does.

Just wanted to prep you just in case it happens to you! It would help to be flexible with dates/resorts and resort levels deluxe/moderate etc. We were pretty set on a weekend to go, so that hurt our chances I guess, but not one single room? It was kind of a let down!:confused3

I assumed if a room was open, I could get a BB offer on it because that was the point, you're here, thanks for staying here, here's an offer to come back quickly. Bounce on back.

We were totally open to resort as well, whatever deluxe resort had a BB offer, we would consider it. So I spread out all the papers on the bed, got a pen and paper ready for notes, made the call and...nothing was available!!

I'm sorry that was your experience, but thank you for sharing it. I tried to do a forum search on this very question yesterday, but I couldn't find any discussion about BB room availability. (Which isn't to say that it hasn't been discussed, and probably at length, but my search didn't turn up anything.) I shall set my expectations accordingly!

We tried to do a BB for the very first time this August. Stayed at AKL, tried for early December. I got all prepped with spread sheets and price estimations and printed it all out so I would be ready with whatever combination of rooms/views/locations came up when I made "the call". I even checked the WDW website daily approaching our trip to see which rooms for our time frame were still available, and even double checked on the day I was making "the call".

We were totally open to resort as well, whatever deluxe resort had a BB offer, we would consider it. So I spread out all the papers on the bed, got a pen and paper ready for notes, made the call and...nothing was available!! :rotfl2:Not a single room for a single deluxe resort for when we were hoping to go! I didn't realize the BB could "sell out" like a regular room discount offer, but it can and it does.

Just wanted to prep you just in case it happens to you! It would help to be flexible with dates/resorts and resort levels deluxe/moderate etc. We were pretty set on a weekend to go, so that hurt our chances I guess, but not one single room? It was kind of a let down!:confused3

Just like with general public offers, they set aside a certain amount of rooms for bounceback offers. Once those are gone, they're gone.

We've not been in November in years so I have no clue what the bounceback offer may be at that time. Anyone had experience with the bounceback offers during November?

Were you trying to book a room for this December? There isn't much available for this December even at rack rate. The room discount bounceback had been available for booking since last October, so by August there isn't much left. Sorry you were disappointed.

We've not been in November in years so I have no clue what the bounceback offer may be at that time. Anyone had experience with the bounceback offers during November?

If Disney follows what they have done for the last several years, the current free dining bounceback will change to a room discount offer for dates in 2018 sometime in late October/ early November.

Were you trying to book a room for this December? There isn't much available for this December even at rack rate. The room discount bounceback had been available for booking since last October, so by August there isn't much left. Sorry you were disappointed.
yes, it was for this December. It was my own fault! I think I took the term bounce back too literally! My thought process was this deal was for people who would make a last minute decision to book another vacation while still on vacation, bouncing back to Disney. Didn't realize that it was similar to other offers, I guess I thought it was extra super special! Almost like, dare I say, a hidden gem of a deal! :rotfl:I won't let anything that minor ruin any of our Disney trips! :thumbsup2

yes, it was for this December. It was my own fault! I think I took the term bounce back too literally! My thought process was this deal was for people who would make a last minute decision to book another vacation while still on vacation, bouncing back to Disney. Didn't realize that it was similar to other offers, I guess I thought it was extra super special! Almost like, dare I say, a hidden gem of a deal! :rotfl:I won't let anything that minor ruin any of our Disney trips! :thumbsup2

Sorry you were disappointed. Yours is a very common feeling when folks try to book one for the 1st time. They do have their advantages though in that sometimes resorts that are normally excluded from the general discounts are included.

I think that's how it first started and what it is intended for. And if you like to plan ahead, it is very helpful. But no matter what, the resorts are all pretty full for the rest of the year, so they can't discount what they don't have available to book.

Sorry you were disappointed. Yours is a very common feeling when folks try to book one for the 1st time. They do have their advantages though in that sometimes resorts that are normally excluded from the general discounts are included.
thank you! That's very good to know! Although the bounce back offer didn't work out, we became AP holders this past trip, and when we got home I got an AP rate discount for our October trip so it actually turned out OK! Speaking of that, when we go in October would be be able to get a bounce back for February 2018? Or should we wait for a regular discount to come out? Thanks again!

thank you! That's very good to know! Although the bounce back offer didn't work out, we became AP holders this past trip, and when we got home I got an AP rate discount for our October trip so it actually turned out OK! Speaking of that, when we go in October would be be able to get a bounce back for February 2018? Or should we wait for a regular discount to come out? Thanks again!

Yea for an new APs & the AP rate!! Depends when you go in October. The bounceback should change from the current free dining offer to a room discount sometime in October or very early November. Fingers crossed it will change before you get there! Best thing to do is call the number & ask while you're there. Even if it hasn't changed when you first call, call again on your last day. You never know when it will change.

The problem with booking a BB in August for the end of the year is that it's already been through so many other offers, availability is nil. For example, FD was offered late August 16, followed by room offers, and then general public free dining in the early spring. There's been several PIN offers available as well. (I actually just received one today for 30% on deluxe).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter