Info on old large signs

Pip23

Earning My Ears
Is there any way to find out any information on these old signs? The gentleman I got these from was a contractor in the early 1970s for Disney and said these were " " located on walls of the advertising bldg. in front of now the Polynesian bldg. of hwy 192" , They were advertising the opening of Disney world or Disney world itself. "

They are about 3 feet tall.

Here is an imgur link of them

https://imgur.com/a/gUJuT

Well, These are Christmas designs, and WDW opened on October 1, 1971, so I don't think that they were for that. Also, Polynesian building on 192? Where exactly is that supposed to be?

After talking to the man further and some research it sounds like they were in a building called the "Preview Center"and used for Christmas 1970 Christmas tree display. It was supposed to be a building that was there before Disney opened to advertise Disney or something. A Disney expert has been helping me research and is trying to track down some photos!

Last edited:

Okay, That makes sense. Good luck with your search. It took me several years to find out where my WDW Railroad sign was used, but I eventually found someone who worked on the trains who helped me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter