Info on Restuarants DTD

Shrunkenheadned

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone,

We are off to Disneyland in 57 days and I need some info on restuarants at DTD and resort hotels. Okay here goes,

1) Has anyone eaten at Catal for Breakfast? If so what did you think about it.?

2)Has anyone eaten at Whitewater Sancks? What is your impression?

3) What is Your impression of PCH Grill, worth it for two adults? (this would be for dinner not breakfast.)

Thanks for all the info

I ate at Whitewater Snacks, after reading many rave reviews for it. I was very unimpressed. The buns were stale, we're not sure what type of chips they used for their nachos (but not tasty at all) :confused3 , and the fake cheese sauce was yuck. I do agree with all the reviewers that claimed you couldn't eat it all, but I wouldn't want to. The prices were not that good either. But, with all the great reviews I've read it was maybe just the time we went, or maybe just us. jmo. The Catal I can't comment on, but for the most part DTD just seems to have better food. Enjoy your trip. :Pinkbounc

You must have been in on an off day (or are really picky) as I've never had a bad meal at Whitewater. The chips for the nachos actually come from the tortillas they make at DCA's Mission Tortilla Factory. They're usually pretty fresh for that reason. The buns on the chicken sandwich or veggie burger have always been great when I've had one of those.

Never been to Catal. I wasn't aware of them serving breakfast.

I've never eaten at Catal or PCH Grill for dinner so I can only comment on Whitewater Snacks.

It is the best value at Disneyland, I think! The food there is good, plentiful, and inexpensive. Last time we were there, my cousin ordered the chili cheese dog and it was huge! I had a yummy grilled cheese! We've had breakfast there as well, and again it was all good!

My boyfriend and I eat at Whitewater Snacks all the time. I've never had a bad experience with their food. We are big fans of their coney dog (chili dog w/cheese and onions) and it comes with a large portion of fries (I always ask for melted cheese and chili on top of the fries). They provide AP discounts too, which really helps.

I've eaten at Catal earlier this year. It was my first time and it was late and I had dinner there. Honestly, I wasn't a fan of their food. I ordered some sort of squash soup and pasta. Maybe it was just me, but it was so pricey and the food tasted really bland. It just didn't seem worth it to me. :confused3

Has anyone tried House of Blues or that new Tortilla Joe's? I haven't tried those yet. I also have yet to try Jazz Kitchen (I've only had their beignets from their Express side). Is the food good?

My Parents have eaten at Tortilla Joes and they thought that the food was good but not very spicy. We are going to try that as well this trip so hopefully I will have some photos etc when I get back.
Jazz Kitchen is a mystery to me, last time I was at Disneyland they were saying that it was actully two restuarants ( Not sure how that works out). The Menu looked like it was really just cajun food, catfish, alligator, gumbo etc. The Menu from what I remember at House of Blues was Cajun and regualr american food. Between the two I thought that the theming at Jazz kitchen was better but the food looked better at House of Blues.

We ate at Tortilla Joe's this past May and thought the food was good. Big portions, we felt it was spicey enough for us. One thing we found with Tortilla Joe's is if you want to eat outside they have a smaller menu to choose from, then when you eat inside.
Another place we enjoyed was ESPN, the food and service was great there, but some people might not enjoy it as it is a "sports" bar/restaurant and can be quite loud. But because we went during the NHL playoffs and being Canadian.....it was all about getting our hockey fix.

Thats good to know about the portions at Tortilla Joe's. DH and I like to share meals, do you remember if they had a split plate charge?

Anyone else have any DTD favorites they'd like to share about. Any info is better than no info.

Another place I like to eat at is Storyteller's Cafe. At night they have a buffet ( I think it starts at 6pm?). It's actually the same price as one entree, so it's more worth it to get the buffet. This way you can get a little of everything. :goodvibes They have prime rib and salmon, chicken and their SCRUMPTIOUS corn chowder soup. I loved their desserts: fruit tarts,small cakes, fresh baked cookies and ice cream! Oh my! :rotfl:

I don't know about the split charge at Tortilla Joe's, actually I have never heard about a split charge until we went to California. But the meal my son ordered who is 17 (6 feet 200lbs), he couldn't finish his meal, if I remember correctly he ordered the burrito. All the portions that we had (there were 4 of us), and people around us all seemed to have these big portions. If you decide to go, enjoy the band that will come to your table and play for serenade you.

Love Storytellers for Lunch haven't eaten there for Brekafast or Dinner. Have Res. for Lunch there on Sept. 25th, looking forward to it. Love how quite it is durning lunch!

Soup is really good I agree. Love the fruit plate and quesadillas w. gauc.

Anyone know what time Jamba Juice opens in the morning?

Oooh... thanks for the info LindaM. Wow that really is alot of food then. Yeah the split plate charge is kinda a wierd thing isn't it.

They just started it out my way in Seattle at the nicer restuarants.

Shrunkenheadned said:
Anyone know what time Jamba Juice opens in the morning?

I think the Jamba Juice in DTD opens at 10am. I know the local Jamba Juice stores open around 7am, but I think it's just DTD that opens late.

The Storyteller used to be our family favorite, but then it turned into Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. My son loved their New York Steak w/Pontalba sauce that we've eaten there several times in the past few months - the last time we went the upstairs hostess recognized us :blush: However, they've changed the way they prepare their steak, and although it's good, it's not "the same." On the other hand, I've had their blacked salmon, and it is delicious. Hooks Pointe at the Disneyland Hotel is also very good. If you go, try their baked garlic appetizer - it is so good.

We are big fans of the Jazz Kitchen - fish dishes for sure - they are wonderful, and the atmosphere is fun and relaxing. We also love WWS. Haven't had the nachos, but the chix sand and burgers are great, as is breakfast. And they serve large portions and offer an AP discount. It is one of the few places that DH, DD19 and I can dine for about $25 total....and sit in a nice atmosphere enjoying really good food. AND, they always seem to have super red, sweet and juicy strawberries as a garnish for their dishes, where do they get these? cause the grocery stores around the area definately do not have them! Tortilla Jo's is ok, but I have to say that getting good mexican food in So Cal for cheap is common and TJ's is expensive, more so in correlation than the other restaurant choices. JMO! :teeth:

lulubelle said:
We are big fans of the Jazz Kitchen - fish dishes for sure - they are wonderful, and the atmosphere is fun and relaxing. We also love WWS. Haven't had the nachos, but the chix sand and burgers are great, as is breakfast. And they serve large portions and offer an AP discount. It is one of the few places that DH, DD19 and I can dine for about $25 total....and sit in a nice atmosphere enjoying really good food. AND, they always seem to have super red, sweet and juicy strawberries as a garnish for their dishes, where do they get these? cause the grocery stores around the area definately do not have them! Tortilla Jo's is ok, but I have to say that getting good mexican food in So Cal for cheap is common and TJ's is expensive, more so in correlation than the other restaurant choices. JMO! :teeth:

Yes, those strawberries are awesome. My girls ask to go there just for those!! Also just a not for anyone who may be like me, I ordered food from TJ's window and my burrito and everything had black beans in it. They only had black beans, don't know if it's different inside, but I like pinto or refried, I hate black! So we got back to our room at the DLH and I couldn't even eat the burrito! I liked the old Mexican restaurant that was there better!

Have to agree about WWS it has been great everytime we have been (usually about 2x per trip) and also Storyteller's for lunch has an amazing turkey sandwich! YUM!

I have wanted to try Catal for breakfast for some time now, but it just hasn't happened. Maybe in October!

Andrea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter