Insane Airfare

Hoopfamily

We're just 3 Caballeros trying to find our way.
What’s up with airfares from PVD/BOS to MCO for July? Usually we are around $900.00 for 3 of us and right now it’s $1750.00???? What
Is happening?

I got my Pvd to mco July Southwest airfare early at a decent price - about $300/ round trip direct. If you’re willing to fly out of BDL or MHT, Southwest still have good rates to MCO for direct flights.

Have you tried looking at Southwest's Low Fare Calendar? There are dates with fares in the range you are looking for, on most dates. However, dates right around the holiday are higher, due to supply and demand. The lowest fares sell out quickly for popular travel dates, leaving a few seats at higher fares. If your dates are slightly flexible (one or two days earlier/later), you may find lower fares that are more to your liking.
https://www.southwest.com/air/low-f...Flight1=2020-07-03&selectedFlight2=2020-07-06

Last edited:
Just throwing a thought out there that domestic travel this summer could be more popular, with international travel suffering due to Coronavirus scares. I'm not saying that the fears are justified, just that travel analysts are noticing flights from Boston to London being marked down as cheap as Boston to New York on some dates.

A friend of mine was finding similar increases for her August trip from BOS! Seems strange to me - to see spring break prices in summer when the demand to fly to hot and humid Florida just isn’t the same??!

What’s up with airfares from PVD/BOS to MCO for July? Usually we are around $900.00 for 3 of us and right now it’s $1750.00???? What
Is happening?

We are going at the end of July and I was looking at are fare back in mid January from BOS to MCO and the flights had been $164 each way (Blue Fare) for quite a while. I had seen those fares when I checked on jan 13. I booked Disney that day and went to book with JB on the 14th and the fares going down had jumped up to $263. I started looking at other options like flying SW out of PVD round trip the SW flight sched is better then JB's out of PVD as they only have that afternoon flight to MCO now), flying SW down out of PVD and JB back to BOS etc. I kept checking JB every day and the stayed the same until Jan 29th. JB lowered almost all the fares on the trip down back to $164. I wanted the 11:14 flight down but that was the one that remained at $263 so we went with the 8:22a. The next day there fares were back up to $263.

If you are flexible in dates and times I do see fares around $300 to 325 or so from BOS. Sometimes it can be less expensive to fly down late the night before you were planning on going even with having to get a room for an extra night.

ETA: Chek out JB's Low Fare Finder https://www.jetblue.com/best-fare-finder#/

Just throwing a thought out there that domestic travel this summer could be more popular, with international travel suffering due to Coronavirus scares. I'm not saying that the fears are justified, just that travel analysts are noticing flights from Boston to London being marked down as cheap as Boston to New York on some dates.

JB raised there fares before the Coronavirus really hit from what I saw..

We usually fly out of PVD on Southwest. Sometimes we use Manchester NH. I I gave up on both for our July trip, and booked out of BDL (Hartford). It's a little further away from us, but a lot cheaper this year.

Economy is about as hot as it can be. People are spending money. Im sure A lot of people are staying here in the States vs abroad this summer. Due to the media concerning Coronavirus.

PVD use to be our go to airport but seems the past yr or so the flights are fewer and costs are higher. We hate Logan but have been flying out of there past couple times.

We've done Southwest the last 4 or 5 trips. Price is usually great. This trip not so much So we are branching out. I did a bunch of research and we are flying down on a Southwest Nonstop and flying home on a Frontier nonstop. Saving around $500.00.

I'm having the same issue with BOS to MCO in late August. Been checking pricing daily since Jan 1st and airfare is nuts. From what I can tell the flights I'm eyeing are still mostly full. Wonder if rates will ever drop or if these are what they will be. Ugh.

you know I was sooo worried about this happening....so I booked mine before Christmas....Ive been checking regularly and they have just continued to increase...they jump up and then drop but even the lowest dropped amount is still higher than when I booked...whew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter