"Insider Secret" to CM reservations?

timtommom

Earning My Ears
OK, admittedly, in an ideal world, my family would have tried this sooner. But be that as it may, we are a large family party (8 adults, 4 kids, 2 babies) going to be at WDW starting 4/6 (for the first time!) and are only just getting our act together and our reservations in! We have tried, and failed, to get a reservation at Chef Mickey's for 6 adults, 4 kids and 2 babies on the night of 4/6 before 9pm. Does anyone recommend a "plan b"? Call and call the day we get there hoping someone cancels? Or some other way? Or is this a lost cause and should we try some other restaurant instead? THANKS! :thumbsup2

I would try to keep calling and hope for a cancellation and then try again once you get there. We have tried by phone with no luck but have been able to call & get in once down there. It's worth a try. I'm sorry I have no better advice for you.

To get a table for 14 at any of the Disney restaurants you must get your reservation either within the first 20 minutes of opening or late. Because of the variable times that people take at the table, they will not hold one or two tables open while waiting to make a large table.

Note that each person is counted for table size, even an newborn, as a seat space is needed. There is no charge for anyone under 3, but they still need a seat. Your only other choice would be reserve as a six and an eight, or two sevens, and hope you can get adjoining tables.

And based on various school Spring Break times and how crowded WDW will be during this period and you are looking only two or three weeks out you will be lucky to get any reservation for 14 at any restaurant. Many people have made there reservations six months out.

Can you split your party up somehow? I just called at got a 6:00 p.m. ressie for April 6. Granted there are only two of us, but if you can somehow split the tables, it may help.

Are you all staying onsite? If so you qualify as a "Grand Gathering" and there is a special # to call for ressies. Do a search for "Grand Gathering phone number" and you'll find it. Maybe they can help.

If less than 8 people over age 3 are on-site this does not apply.

Don't give up hope....if there is one thing that keeps me coming back to WDW...its the Magic! Keep calling everyday to see what is availible...I have faith that you will get something! Keep us updated!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter