Interest Thread: Paper Piecing Swap Sign-ups Jul 26

hopemax

Note to Self:
I know some of you have been anticipating this, so here we go!

Sign-ups: July 26
Due Date: Sept 24

There has already been a request to add groups for themed Paper Dolls.

Any interst in a swap using paper doll cricut for the body and outfits.
I am a newbie so it appears I can not hostess this but perhaps if there is interest someone else will. The preferred size would be 4 inches with a complete outfit and accessories. Items should include hair for a boy and a girl.

Like last year, I will be having separate groups for Cricut cartridge designs (Mickey & Friends, Tink, Cars etc) and handcut/computer program designed characters. If you want to make a handcut/SCAL project for the Cricut Cartridge design group that is fine. Previously, we did this to account for the difference in design times between using Inkscape & SCAL/handcut vs Cartridges. With Mardenz' site, it makes computer cutting easier, but I think at this point, people may be looking for images not on cartridges and not wanting to get more Cricut cartridge cuts, because they can make their own. So I will still keep them separate.

These are the groups from last year, thoughts about additions of deletions?

A. Handmade/Computer - Disney - Girlish
B. Handmade/Computer - Disney - Boyish
C. Cricut Cartridge - Disney - Girlish
D. Cricut Cartridge - Disney - Boyish
E. Handmade/Computer - Non Disney
F. Cricut Cartridge - Non Disney
G. Handmade/Computer - Holiday
H. Cricut Cartridge - Holiday

Additions:
I. Paper Doll cuts - Disney (?)
J. Paper Doll cuts - Non-Disney (?)

do we want boy/girl groups for these?

I love the idea of the paper doll groups. Could we maybe do Disney holiday groups? I am assumming the holiday groups are general holiday?? So, what about characters dressed for holidays...either boy or girl.

I love the idea of the paper doll groups. Could we maybe do Disney holiday groups? I am assumming the holiday groups are general holiday?? So, what about characters dressed for holidays...either boy or girl.

I :lovestruc this idea and I know Rachel wants to make TOT people and she'd probably like to make pirates and safari people (good for jungle cruise or the safari). And maybe something else, she :love::love::love:the cricut!!

How exactly does this swap work? Are there several people in each group and on sign-up day we just name what paper piecing we will make for said group?:confused3

Hope - for the Cricut non-Disney, does it haveto be a character or animal? Or, can it be say a flower or something like that? Iam just a little unclear on that one.

How exactly does this swap work? Are there several people in each group and on sign-up day we just name what paper piecing we will make for said group?:confused3

Each group will have no more than 6 people, but yes, when you sign up, you list what paper piecing you are making (if you know it). You don't have to list a topic when you sign up, but please list it as soon as you figure it out, so other people know not to duplicate.

Hope - for the Cricut non-Disney, does it haveto be a character or animal? Or, can it be say a flower or something like that? Iam just a little unclear on that one.

Last year, it was other characters. People made Sesame Street, Hello Kitty, Curious George, I made a LEGO guy and Snoopy. So Cricut cuts could be Spiderman, SpongeBob, Sesame Street, etc.

Here are the pics from last year

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w234/hopemax/Paper Piecing Swap/

Thanks!! I kind of figured that's what you were going for, but wanted to make sure. In the holiday group, are you looking for general holiday or Disney characters dressed for the holiday?

I would be interested in the cricut disney characters; boy and girl. I'm limited to one catridge though, Dreams Come True, so for boy I would do the Genie. for the girl I could do any of the princesses on that catridge -- my favorite is Belle :love:

Thanks!! I kind of figured that's what you were going for, but wanted to make sure. In the holiday group, are you looking for general holiday or Disney characters dressed for the holiday?

Does anyone else, have an opinion? I'm fine with the holiday groups being Disney and non-Disney mixed together.

I would love to join this swap ! I just got the Joys of the Season cartridge and look forward to whipping it out...we're also going to MVMCP in November so it would be great to make some Disney inspired Christmas items too :)

I haven't joined this one in the past, but I probably will this time. I have 3 SCAL files already created that I've used just for my own pages, so it would be nice to get some more use out of them after going to the trouble of making them.

I'd love to have some ideas on what characters (Disney) to make for the handcut/SCAL groups. My brain isn't generating ideas... I do so much better when I pick from a pre set list. I'm just looking for suggestions I guess. I want to join a bunch of groups but don't have ideas.

Also, I don't have the paper dolls cartridge so I'm not joining those groups. BUT I was planning to do a Tower of Terror Bellhop Goofy from a coloring page. Would this be okay? I know someone else is doing a TOT bellhop for the paper dolls.

Could we maybe have a group for Disney rides paper piecings??? There are some good coloring pages available for:
TOT Bellhop Goofy
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion Doom Buggy (I've seen one with characters and a ghost inside)
maybe we could find a Yeti
Buzz Space Ranger Spin
Big Thunder Mountain (Cowboy Mickey/Cowboy Goofy)
I know there are more...

Here is one link I have for coloring pages:
http://disney-stationary.com/coloring-book/Disneyland-DisneyWorld.php
Be sure to click for the second page too. It's easy to miss.

What about Lilo? Is she on a cart anywhere?

I just upgraded to SCAL2 so I'll have to play with it this weekend to see what I want to sign up for. I love the rides idea - I would use those. hmmm but I better get hopping on the other swaps due in Sept so I can play.

I was thinking about the TOT Mickey for my handmade Disney boyish group. Don't know if that's ok or it would have to go into a ride group if one is made?

I was thinking about the TOT Mickey for my handmade Disney boyish group. Don't know if that's ok or it would have to go into a ride group if one is made?

IF you did go into a ride group--IF one is created---I could pick something different. I don't mind tackling a Doom Buggy or something else.

IF you did go into a ride group--IF one is created---I could pick something different. I don't mind tackling a Doom Buggy or something else.

:banana: I'd love to ge a Doom Buggy!!! You had mentioned Goofy and I have a Mickey file, so it would still be different! So, either way...I think we would be ok. I just wanted to see if I had to switch the category if the ride one was created.

Hope - do you know what time you are openig this on Monday? I may have seen it and couldn't remember, but wanted to ask!! :thumbsup2

Another question - it says that you can do a SCAL piece for the Cricut categories. So, for the non-Disney Cricut, could I do a Spiderman Mardenz file (or some other character from there)? Or, does it strictly have to be the ones that can be a Cricut cart like Hello Kitty, Spidy, Batman, etc?

Yep, it doesn't have to be from a cartridge in the Cricut groups, so a Mardenz download would be fine.

I usually post my swaps when I get to the computer for the day. Which tends to be between 10-11 Mountain time (9-10 Pacific, noon-1 Eastern).

Hope,

I would love to join the paperdoll swap. I intend on making a jedi
which goes great with the star wars expereience.
Please let me know if there is anything else you need from me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter