Interesting article in the New York post

Ken - Would it be possible to run the numbers for FQ in 2018? I note the 3k swing but you did jump from Moderate to Deluxe. So maybe 16,500 for FQ.

Also other variables in play would be are there any children that are now considered adult.

For my wife and I, we can see a price swing from 2008 - 2018 but when I compare WL2010 to AKL 2018, its not almost triple the price. Yes it has gone up, but thats a huge increase.

This intrigued me enough to finally post on here HA HA HA.

One child became an adult and I added one child. One reason for the expense is I have to pay for a room for her mother and stepfather. These costs are for 2 rooms.

I'm new to this- but have rooms and tickets always had seasonal rates? That too could be a factor if traveling at different times, etc.

I'm new to this- but have rooms and tickets always had seasonal rates? That too could be a factor if traveling at different times, etc.
Yes tickets have always had a seasonal price, at least as far as I know. They are going to get worse shortly as I understand it with different prices for different days as well as different seasons.

Yes tickets have always had a seasonal price, at least as far as I know. They are going to get worse shortly as I understand it with different prices for different days as well as different seasons.
Rooms though? All resort levels currently have tiered seasonal and even day of the week pricing.

Rooms though? All resort levels currently have tiered seasonal and even day of the week pricing.
This change is what has people upset. When we went in 2006 the standard meal plan included appetizer, main course and desert and the tip. We got a little booklet in the mail with stuff like free mini golf and so many games in the arcade. What makes me laugh is the arcade stuff was one of the 1st things I noticed going and it was a cash cow for them at least from us. I would take my daughter she would spend her free stuff rather quickly and then I ended up shelling out $40-$50 dollars for her to win something. The has EMH that were 4 hours long at night and much more frequently than the occasional 2 or so hours now. If you read a lot on these boards you will notice the anger at the pricing on parking now.
I can easily afford the extra $240 it would cost me and I don't even have to pay it (disability plate the Marines got me ) but its just one more greedy money grab. If you are planning on a trip I will give you another thing to consider...tips. I know this is another tender subject on this board but when you have to budget $1000-$1500 just for tips, its an issue. I have no problem with tipping 20% in normal restaurants but 18% at a buffet where you are paying at least 2 to 3 times what it would cost anywhere else it is a problem. I cannot verify this but 2 trips ago I was talking to a waitress in California Grill who said you had to work for years to get a spot here (this I believe) and when I asked her did she make a good living she said she was putting 2 kids thru college on her salary there. Our tip was something like $120. They should be capping this as well. You can have an incredible vacation there. This is our 5th trip and we have learned the good CS places and what TS are worth the money. This is the 1st trip however where we are not eating at one Signature restaurant. For the most part they are not worth it. We will eat at Jiko's because regardless of price you really do get what your paying for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!