Interesting Booking Experience-IPad vs Older Phone

jsmla

DIS Veteran
I read in a Facebook group that the Universal hotels AP rates are lowest in the wee hours. I woke early this morning (This is happening more and more as I get older!) so gave it a try using my old IPhone. It worked! Rates were Devi cheaper than when I checked yesterday afternoon.

I decided to make the reservation on my IPad because I can see better than with my phone. (Another thing that’s happening more and more often.) Rates on the IPad were significantly higher than the phone. My IPad is newish but the phone is a 5S.

Look at the difference!

Phone
58D9D9C3-007C-429F-A645-EA0BC79E47FF.jpeg

IPad

78C8025C-EAB6-4519-AB27-11397306446E.png

Did you double check to see if on your phone it's not showing you the Florida Residents rate? That happened to me once before where on one of my devices it defaulted me as a Florida resident and showed me much lower rates.

I was searching AP rates, I’m in Louisiana. I’m 100% positive both are AP rates.

This has happened to me many times while I've been checking rates. I used the AP rate link but if you click on a hotel or change your dates after checking the room availability it doesn't keep the AP rate and will give you rack rates.

My devices often try to show me the Florida resident rates even though I live in Canada. And often the dates revert back without me changing it.

Without seeing the whole screen that you were seeing at the time, it is impossible for anyone to confirm exactly what the issue is. Could be APH rates, could be different dates, etc...

I don’t have an issue. I was thrilled to see the lower rates on my phone. Just thought it might be of some help.

Same dates, same APH link from the sticky info, entered maybe about 2 minutes apart. I actually ran the search twice on each device to make sure . I’ve booked through that link dozens of times and am very familiar with it. I received different rates IPad vs an old (5S) IPhone.

The dates were for early March, I’d prefer not to put the exact dates my house will be empty out there.

Last edited:
I don’t have an issue. I was thrilled to see the lower rates on my phone. Just thought it might be of some help.

Same dates, same APH link from the sticky info, entered maybe about 2 minutes apart. I actually ran the search twice on each device to make sure . I’ve booked through that link dozens of times and am very familiar with it. I received different rates IPad vs an old (5S) IPhone.

The dates were for early March, I’d prefer not to put the exact dates my house will be empty out there.

I just tried on my mac for dates in early March and I get RPR for $254 and HRH and PBH for $289. Weekend rates added $30.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter