Interesting, Just Booked ADR's - Had to Give CC# for Credit Card Hold

WaltD4Me

<font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate
Very interesting......sort of weird. I just made our ADR's for October trip.

I booked, Epcot Princess Breaksfast, Cinderella Dinner at Park Fare, Cape May Character Breakfast at Beach Club, Prime Time at DHS and Kona Cafe Breakfast at Polynesian. I was ready with my CC just in case and she did ask for it, but ONLY for the Epcot Princess Breakfast. She said there is a 48 hour cancellation policy and the CC hold is for $10 per person (we are a party of 5) if we do not cancel at 48 hours or are a no show. The Epcot breakfast was the 1st ADR I made, when I made the other ADR's I asked if they were a CC hold also, but she said the CC hold is only for certain restaurants and none of my others had CC holds. I said not even the Cinderella Dinner at Park Fare? She said no, the only ressie I made with a CC hold was the Princess Breakfast at Askerhaus. I verfied again and it is a 48 hour cancellation policy for your card not to be charged (BB Boutique is only 24 hours) and I only have it on the Askerhaus reservation. I also asked what other restaurants might have the CC hold and she said she didn't know, she said it just shows up when she goes to enter the reservation, they don't have a list of CC hold restaurants.

hmmmmm... I thought CRT was paid in advance? I know I have been asked for CC to hold Fantasmic! resie at Mama Mia Melrose, and for California Grill. I don't think I got asked for CC the one time I did the Akushus Princess Breakfast... but keep in mind, once was enough... the food was lousy enough that it is not worth it to get pics with the princessesssess.

My ADR wasn't for CRT at the castle, but the Cinderella's Gala Feast at Park Fare at the Grand Floridian.

And yes, I know, the food isn't going to be great at the Epcot Princess breakfast, but come on man! There will be princesses there!!!!!!!! More than one!!!! ARIEL! JASMINE! BELLE! Maybe MULAN! They could serve gruel and we wouldn't care! :rotfl:

good thing you say that, it is really close to gruel. The Akurshus breakfast and the Stitch breakfast at O'hanna... the food is just awful.

The one redeeming quality of the Stitch breakfast, was that we went in the off season of early sept., and got there pretty early is was 7:30am ish. There was no one in the restaurant... and I really mean no one. We sat down, and while waiting on coffee, we were Stitch's center of attention till we got food. He sat with us and banged the coffee cups and silverware, took my hat, took my camera and was taking pics of us, danced with the servers that were waiting on people to show up. But then the food came, it was lousy and the bacon was limp, not crispy.

That's correct. Of the ADR's you made only Akerhus would required a credit card.

That's correct. Of the ADR's you made only Akerhus would required a credit card.

Has Akerhaus been requiring a CC for awhile now??? Or is this just since the cancellation policy wording starting showing up on Disney's website? And I wonder why there, but not for Cinderella's Feast at GF?

Maybe they are just asking for a cc hold for the places that have a higher percentage of no-shows?

Do you know if you need a CC for the Liberty Tree Tavern or Crystl Palace?

We just dined at CP and LTT in March and there was no CC required for either of those reservations.

I have to say we love the food at the Akershus Breakfast. I hope you enjoy your visit there.

Do you know if you need a CC for the Liberty Tree Tavern or Crystl Palace?

I don't know, there was a thread last week talking about how on the Disney website regarding dining reservations they had added a line about a "no show penalty" but it didn't really give any specifics. And I'm not sure if Askerhaus always asked for a CC for a hold before or if this is something new since Disney added that information to their site. I don't know how they determine which restaurants require a CC, I made reservations for 3 character meals, but only one required the CC hold. :confused3

I really wish they would do this for every ADR. I am sick of hearing about people who make multiple ADR's per day during the same time slot so that they can have a choice of where they want to eat when they get to the parks. This is very inconsiderate since there is a finite number of slots avaliable for ADR's. I think they should have a 24 hor cancellation policy. This would allow people to change plans when at WDW. It would also mean that people would think long and hard before making multiple ADR's that they know they may never use. It also means that each day there would be slots opened up for walk ups, because some people will inevitably change their plans. I think with this strategy, everyone wins.

To my knowledge, cc is only required if you are not on DDP. CRT definitely requires it and charges it, Fantasmic package just for a hold, and I'm guessing Norway princess because it changed its pricing and so many people started booking it in lieu of CRT.

I don't have a problem with credit card hold, it is $10 per person on the reservation, but I don't like the 48 hour cancellation thing. We all know there are a hundred things that could happen at Disney to make you miss an ADR even though you had every intention to make it. I think it should be more like an hour, not 48 hours. In other words, as long as you cancel and aren't just a no show.

I don't have a problem with credit card hold, it is $10 per person on the reservation, but I don't like the 48 hour cancellation thing. We all know there are a hundred things that could happen at Disney to make you miss an ADR even though you had every intention to make it. I think it should be more like an hour, not 48 hours. In other words, as long as you cancel and aren't just a no show.

I can understand that, but that means that some people of meaner spirit could hold these reservations longer. I think 24 hours is acceptable, if something that dire happens to you, i don't think you are gonna worry about $10! However if its Disney's fault you can't make it (like you get stuck on a ride) then they should compensate accordingly!

I can understand that, but that means that some people of meaner spirit could hold these reservations longer. I think 24 hours is acceptable, if something that dire happens to you, i don't think you are gonna worry about $10! However if its Disney's fault you can't make it (like you get stuck on a ride) then they should compensate accordingly!

Yes, but it doesn't have to be trip to the hospital "dire"...you might just have a little one who is sick from riding the Teacups, or you didn't get your wake up call that morning? I know Disney isn't "after" people like this, but I see well intentioned, fair people being "punished" along with the inconsiderate crazy bookers.

I agree something has to be done about the crazy ADR bookers and I have no problem with Disney implementing a CC hold, BUT I also think Disney should sit down, figure it out and have a clear set of "rules" for it first. Especially if they plan on doing it for all ADR's, which has been talked about. And we all know Disney is NOT known for consistenancy. I mean, what if you DO get stuck on a ride? Do you need to bring a note to the restaurant? What if the bus breaks down? I'm sure Disney would forgive the charge in these cases, but what happens when you get the snappy CM who says, "Sorry, no excuses, that's $50 please."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter