Interesting membership numbers for DVC

Caskbill

<font color="blue">DVC-Operations<br>DVC-Planning<
We just did an SSR add-on and I was just looking through some of the documents. One, a revision to the Multi-Site POS, is dated 12/2006:

Note: The Disney Vacation Club resort is OKW. They still use the legal name from when the resort was first built. They actually use the full resort name (shortened here below) and include the full address for each resort (omitted below)

"Disney Vacation Club, 531 Vacation Homes, 26,467 members
Boardwalk Villas, 383 Vacation Homes, 19,268 members
Vero Beach, 175 Vacation Homes, 5,010 members
Hilton Head, 102 Vacation Homes, 4,903 members
Wilderness Lodge, 136 Vacation Homes, 7,592 members
Beach Club Villas, 208 Vacation Homes, 10,737 members
Saratoga Springs, 478 Vacation Homes, 33,805 members
Animal Kingdom Villas, 94 Vacation Homes, 0 members
... Opening Fall 2007

The number of Vacation Homes and the number of Club Members participating in the program is current through December 6, 2006"

Additional Information for AKV:

"The Animal Kingdom Resort is also a leasehold condominium. In this case, DVD leased certain land adjacent to, and certain space within, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge from WDWHRC. The term of the ground and space lease expires on January 31, 2057. Since the lease of the land and space upon which the Condominium is formed expires on January 31, 2057, your Ownership Interest purchased at the Animal Kingdom Resort will also terminate on that date (unless the ground and space lease is terminated earlier in accordance with it's terms)."

And finally, one other change affecting the name:

"Section II has been modified to reflect the proper name for Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas." (I take this to mean that the original title was "Animal Kingdom Resort" as reflected in the original document quoted above.

If you calculate the members per vacation home for each resort, you come up with some interesting numbers:

SSR: 70.72 (primarily due to the resort still being on sale, I suspect)
VWL: 55.82
BCV: 51.62
BWV: 50.30
OKW: 49.84
HH: 48.07
VB: 28.63

Not sure that these numbers mean a lot, but the VB number stands out to me. VWL and BCV will be a little higher due to the mix of units at the resorts (no GV's), and HH will be a little lower due to the lower mix of studio and 1BR accomodations at the resort.

If you calculate the members per vacation home for each resort, you come up with some interesting numbers:

Not sure that these numbers mean a lot, but the VB number stands out to me. VWL and BCV will be a little higher due to the mix of units at the resorts (no GV's), and HH will be a little lower due to the lower mix of studio and 1BR accomodations at the resort.

I think the higher members per vacation home reflect the lower point requirement to buy an ownership interest.

I think alot of both HH and VB are owned by members who also own somewhere else.

I got told once that my OKW member would be the only thing to count. the others were just add on.

don't know if this is still true - but I am assuming it is.

SSR units consist entirely of Two and Three Bedroom accommodations. There are no dedicated Studios or One Bedrooms. Most of the other resorts have these smaller dedicated units. That alone would push the average downward.

Thanks for taking the time to post this....as I'm sure you are ultra-busy updating your planning software!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter