International a Gateway to close 11/27 to 12/17?

For those who would normally take the boat from Epcot after Illuminations it is still an option to exit via IG and take a Friendship Boat, it’s just the Epcot dock that is closed.

It would require a walk to either the Boardwalk or, Beach Club/Yacht Club dock. I’m guessing the walk to with of these docks is still closer than walking to the front of the park if you are near IG.

I just saw this notice on a corporate site for an EPCOT resort regarding the FriendShip boat departures at EP:

Please note-Friendship boat service to Epcot will stop each night at 9:30pm until Dec 10 2018. Bus transportation will be provided.

I wonder why the earlier time for nightly cessation ends on 12/10/2018.

Last edited:
I just saw this notice on a corporate site for an EPCOT resort regarding the FriendShip boat departures at EP:

I wonder why the earlier nightly cessation ends on 12/10/2018.
It could be the lines that they are pulling will be complete by then? Glad to hear this as we will be at Epcot next week and had hoped to take the Friendship Boat after 9:30.

Is there anyone there now who can provide a status on the Gondola wires?

It could be the lines that they are pulling will be complete by then? Glad to hear this as we will be at Epcot next week and had hoped to take the Friendship Boat after 9:30.

Is there anyone there now who can provide a status on the Gondola wires?
I haven’t seen the haul rope up yet but the other guide wires and such are up.

We just came back yesterday from a stay at Yacht Club.
They told us at check-in that boats were not running to Epcot.

But, we saw them going to the Epcot dock during our stay. We didn't ride one, but I saw them in operation.
Maybe they are on a limited schedule, not sure?

We just came back yesterday from a stay at Yacht Club.
They told us at check-in that boats were not running to Epcot.

But, we saw them going to the Epcot dock during our stay. We didn't ride one, but I saw them in operation.
Maybe they are on a limited schedule, not sure?
Yes they stop running at 9:30PM.

The FriendShip boats are not yet back to the normal schedule; the last Epcot departure is still at 9:30 PM.
The last DHS departure is at 9:00 PM, until Epcot's schedule returns to normal.

The current estimate for returning to the normal schedule is Dec 12 or 13.

An announement is made that buses are available to the Epcot resorts, after 9:30PM, and that it's a one mile walk from the IG to the front of the park and buses. So, if you need to get to an Epcot resort, walking will be quicker.

The FriendShip boats are not yet back to the normal schedule; the last Epcot departure is still at 9:30 PM.
The last DHS departure is at 9:00 PM, until Epcot's schedule returns to normal.

The current estimate for returning to the normal schedule is Dec 12 or 13.

An announement is made that buses are available to the Epcot resorts, after 9:30PM, and that it's a one mile walk from the IG to the front of the park and buses. So, if you need to get to an Epcot resort, walking will be quicker.
We were at Epcot today. Walked to Beach Club first (thanks to those who suggested walking. Yes, much faster than the boat!) Afterwards we stopped at Ample Hills (in the cold weather. Many people were laughing as we walked by with our ice cream. This promise to go made more sense when I said ‘yes’ in Aug, then it did today at 45°! ;) )

Anyway, got to The Boardwalk dock just before 9pm and boat arrived shortly. When asked where we wanted to go I said, ‘Hollywood Studios.’ His response was that their dock closed at 9:00 and he was not supposed to go there.

I quickly offered to find another way to get to Pop but he said it was fine and he would take us. I was thankful and we had a private ride to DHS. When we arrived at DHS the line was packed as the message had not got out that the last boat was at 9:00. They filled up but remaining guests had to walk or take bus.

When we arrived at DHS the line was packed as the message had not got out that the last boat was at 9:00. They filled up but remaining guests had to walk or take bus.

that's the part I am worried about and I guess they need as much time as they can get but would be great if they ended like 1 hour after park close instead of right at park close

that's the part I am worried about and I guess they need as much time as they can get but would be great if they ended like 1 hour after park close instead of right at park close
Technically the DHS boat did end one hour after park close as it closed at 8:00 and final boat was 9:00.

I think Epcot is Raghu at park close though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter