International Gateway

cissy

Kindness is Strength
Is this entrance open to everyone or only Disney resort guests?

Everyone but you’d need an Epcot park reservation pass to go through into the park. The skyliner station is here too which you could access to visit nearby resorts (no park pass required).

I know in January not to expect anything. In Covid January, lessen expectations even more!

I know this has been answered somewhere else but I can't find it.... how long prior to official opening time are they letting guests through the IG to Epcot?

I know this has been answered somewhere else but I can't find it.... how long prior to official opening time are they letting guests through the IG to Epcot?

it is random. some days 10 mins...some days 20.....rarely 30

We were there this past Friday (first day of the festival of holidays) and we were inside the park right around 10:00. The park was scheduled to open at 11:00.

We were there this past Friday (first day of the festival of holidays) and we were inside the park right around 10:00. The park was scheduled to open at 11:00.

What time did you arrive at the IG?

So, we are staying at Shades of Green. On our Epcot day, we can:
1. Take Shades bus directly to Epcot (they are running direct right now, but if monorail starts back, they will probably only go to TTC, which means then we take monorail to Epcot from there)
2. Lyft to Epcot
3. Walk across street to Polynesian and take Epcot bus from there (if there is one?)
I don't want to walk to TTC from Shades if possible...it's a hike.

Second question: Is there any benefit from taking a Lyft to the Swan and walking to IG from there? Or is it the same difference as being dropped off at front gate? We want to ride Frozen, but we also want to see the other stuff too.
Any other tips for getting there that maybe I haven't thought of?

DHS-Epcot-IG_012311.jpg

Last edited:
Right, but I thought getting dropped off at the Swan by Lyft might be better received since I am not a guest and do not have an ADR anywhere, nor do I have any desire to make one. I just want to be able to walk to the IG IF it makes a big difference in us getting into the park. If not, then I am fine with just getting to the normal entrance as early as we can bus or lyft there.

What time did you arrive at the IG?
We arrived at 9:49 from the Skyliner. We had eaten breakfast at Topolino’s then waited in line for the Skyliner to open. We were in line less than 10 minutes before they began checking temps and allowing people into the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter