IOA for a non thrill rider

ErinJill

Earning My Ears
Hi! My husband and I are going on our first trip to Universal Orlando and IOA. I HATE roller coasters, don't want anything to do with them. I will go on every ride at Walt Disney World except for Rock'n'Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror. IOA will be great for my husband who will ride anything, and that's fine, I don't mind waiting for him while he goes on things. I just want to know if I'm going to enjoy the park! I'm planning to go on pretty much everything except the Hulk Coaster and Dueling Dragons.

Can anyone tell me how the drops on Jurassic Park river adventure and Dudley Do Right Falls compare with the drop at WDW's Splash Mountain? I LOVE Splash Mountain, but I am under the impression that both the drops at IOA are much longer and more intense. Any ideas?

Sorry to sound like such a dork...I just am not a thrill seeking kind of gal, I guess :)

JPRA has a taller drop, but is not noticable and really not that intense. Dudley is quite intense, but a lot of fun. The drop may be taller, but the height itself is smaller(it goes underwater). I believe it get cranking up to 45 mph. As for anything else, but the coasters, you should be fine. There may be a problem with Dr. Doom, however, if you will not ride Tower of Terror, but it is not that bad.

I went with a friend who will NOT do coasters and hates heights. She loved the park. She finally got brave enough to do the Jurassic Park River Ride. The drop is high, but it is enlcosed, so you don't realize how high it is. The park is great. There are a lot of things to do that don't involve thrill rides. You'll love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter