IPad suggestons

tinkerone

DIS Veteran
I'm in need of a new ipad but there are now so many choices. Gone are the days when the choice was 16 GB or 32. Now you have to decide between screen sizes, regular or pro, chip or bionic chip, not to mention the GB's. It's all very confusing to me.

Anyways, which ipad do you think is best and why.

Sorry, I am no help at all. I just know that I upgraded to a new iPad last year and hate it. I still have my old one and prefer it to the new one. I don't know why, but it can't stream Youtube or Netflix as well as my old one. The kitchen, living room and my bedroom are all zones where the internet is unreliable. Funny it's not a problem for the old iPad, the old, old iPad, the MacBook, the 4 year old laptop or the 15 year old laptop that I am typing on right now!:headache:

https://www.pcmag.com/article/367229/apple-ipad-vs-ipad-air-vs-ipad-mini-vs-ipad-pro-which-ta

Read that but what it boils down to is 90% of the population only needs a regular iPad which start at $249(but I would definitely get the 128GB model for $398, make sure its the 2018 model when purchasing). The new iPad air is just the 10.5 Pro with the latest hardware(but without the edge to edge screen) and the 12.9 iPad Pro retains the same name and edge to edge screen(i.e. no home button).

I used my original IPad 2 until I couldn’t any longer- it got to the point where it kept crashing repeatedly. I loved that IPad and still have it, just in case.

We now have an IPad Pro with keyboard. LOVE it! Went for this model because we have a desktop that we use for work purposes and when we don’t mind sitting in the office at a desk, and wanted something portable that you can do more than swipe.

I really considered a MacBook, but it was overkill for our purposes and thus we couldn’t justify the cost. So the IPad Pro was perfect for us, because we could get a keyboard and type, like I am now.

If we didn’t have a desktop, it’s likely we would have purchased a MacBook and a smaller IPad to replace my old one. I liked the smaller size of my old 2, but not the tiny minis.

https://www.pcmag.com/article/367229/apple-ipad-vs-ipad-air-vs-ipad-mini-vs-ipad-pro-which-ta

Read that but what it boils down to is 90% of the population only needs a regular iPad which start at $249(but I would definitely get the 128GB model for $398, make sure its the 2018 model when purchasing). The new iPad air is just the 10.5 Pro with the latest hardware(but without the edge to edge screen) and the 12.9 iPad Pro retains the same name and edge to edge screen(i.e. no home button).
Pretty much this.

My DH has the original iPad Pro 12.9 128GB
I have iPad Pro 9.7 128GB
Oldest DD has the original iPad Pro 10.5 128GB
I upgraded my two youngest from iPad Mini 2 32GB to iPad 2018 128GB for their birthdays last year.

If you’ll notice the common theme here is a good amount of storage. If/when I upgrade next I’ll get at least 250GB. If you’re looking at an iPad for media consumption then I wouldn’t go below 128GB. Apps and movies are getting bigger and bigger. Honestly, the pros are probably overkill for my DH and I. For my oldest it’s well worth it for her to have.

IMO the 2018 model will give you the biggest bang for your buck. Great size, lots of storage for a decent price and you can use an Apple Pencil with it. For most people it would be all they need.

The regular new ipad as its called is fine for most -- it does have lesser graphics but better than the older Ipads unless you have an Air 2.
The pros are for a purpose and mainly used for Graphic design
The mid ones are just for those who want better graphics - the screen.
if you are just using it for the internet as most do these days than a base 16GB is fine most use the higher amount of GB on their phones as truly if you have an iphone 10 in any of its forms there is no need for an ipad except wanting to see things larger. I personally do not store anything on my Ipad I just have them to surf the internet when I am home and if that is you the ones on sale for 249-269 on occasion are just fine.
For the person who says the new ones is slower I would look into your modem/router -- specifically the router if you have an older one it may only be capable of a slow speed for the newer devices that uses the new bands or not all capable of the new bands which makes the new device use a slower band and it slows the device down -- that is as simple as I can say it.... if you rent from a able company exchange it for a new one if you have your own it is likely time to upgrade.

The regular new ipad as its called is fine for most -- it does have lesser graphics but better than the older Ipads unless you have an Air 2.
The pros are for a purpose and mainly used for Graphic design
The mid ones are just for those who want better graphics - the screen.
if you are just using it for the internet as most do these days than a base 16GB is fine most use the higher amount of GB on their phones as truly if you have an iphone 10 in any of its forms there is no need for an ipad except wanting to see things larger. I personally do not store anything on my Ipad I just have them to surf the internet when I am home and if that is you the ones on sale for 249-269 on occasion are just fine.
For the person who says the new ones is slower I would look into your modem/router -- specifically the router if you have an older one it may only be capable of a slow speed for the newer devices that uses the new bands or not all capable of the new bands which makes the new device use a slower band and it slows the device down -- that is as simple as I can say it.... if you rent from a able company exchange it for a new one if you have your own it is likely time to upgrade.
I’m like I need more than 32gb for an IPad but I’m just going to be surfing the web. Thank you for making me realize I think to hard about stupid things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter