• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ireland trip for seniors?

CelticBelle

<marquee behavior=alternate><font color=brown>I th
I'm starting to save up for a trip to ireland with my favorite disney partners in crime...My Grandma and her two sisters! Im a college student, so i'm obviously younger and more physically capable of walking long distances, or being active all day long. My grandma and aunts do pretty well but im concerned if this ireland trip will have to much walking and not have any accommodations. On our last trip to wdw the first day was hard, but after that they did fine. A little slow, but were able to do everything. Does this trip have a lot of walking? About how many hours a day? For some of the activities like biking, do they have alternatives? What happens if they are too slow, or fall behind?

Thanks!

There is alot of walking on this trip, sometimes 2-4 hours a day. Time spent on the bus is going from town to town or to a specific destination. For example, day one in Dublin is Dublinia, the Dublin castle, Guinness Storehouse and Trinity College. The bus took us to Dublinia, we spent about an 1-1.5 hours there, then a 10 minute walk to Dublin Castle, another 45 minute walking tour and then boarded the bus to the Guinness Storehouse. After lunch, there was a 30 minute or so walking tour, some shopping and back on the bus to the hotel. We are back at the hotel by 3pm, (I believe we left at 8:30 that morning). Once back at the hotel, those who wanted to go see the Book of Kells and Trinity College, walked over (it was a block away) with one of the guides for another hour or so. This was probably the busiest day on foot, but at least it gives you an idea. I can tell you that we had an older gentleman on the trip who remained on the bus during a few of the excursions (like hiking up the hill to the Rock of Cashel and to the falls in Killarney National Park). We didn't get to bike in the park (it was raining) but I do know the bus was the alternative to biking...hope that helps!

Does anyone have any suggestions for other itineraries that are good for seniors? Just wanted to get a good overview.

We recently did the australia trip and my mother came along. she is 76. She has had 2 replaced hips and did amazing! she kept up with everyone just fine and our guides were absolutely fantastic with her! She actually is considering doing the ireland trip next summer! She can walk, but is very slow. She brought her cane most places we went just incase. It worked out great and our family had a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter