Iron On Transfers - How do you do it?

GaSleepingBeautyFan

DIS Veteran
I'm trying iron on transfers and keep having problems.

So far today I've had:

The transfer didn't stick so I re-ironed it and then it actually got burned.

Another transfer turned out tan in the white areas so I guess the iron was too hot.

3rd time I turned the iron down and the transfer didn't stick. Tried again with a hotter iron and it looked all faded. At least it wasn't burned.

I've never done these before and I'm about ready to give up. I'm using Avery transfers. At least the mirror image is working so the transfer is facing the right direction.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it?

I know this is the "right" board for your question, but I'd try over on the community board. It is waaay more active!

Whenever I do iron-on transfers I actually put parchment paper between my iron and the iron-on paper. I typically push down hard in several areas for 10-20 seconds then do several all over passes of my iron.. .test peel and if I'm having issues of not sticking I do several more all over passes over the parchment paper.

I have utilized a lot more vinyl lately and use the same procedure.

I will give that a try PrincessNancy96. I have 2 more transfer papers left in the package. If I can't get those to work I'll quit.

That transfer paper is 20.00 for 5 sheets near my house and it's driving me nuts to have wasted it. I sure won't want to buy more!

I will give that a try PrincessNancy96. I have 2 more transfer papers left in the package. If I can't get those to work I'll quit.

That transfer paper is 20.00 for 5 sheets near my house and it's driving me nuts to have wasted it. I sure won't want to buy more!

I totally understand your view. That is why I went to vinyl.

I have had very good luck with this brand when I used to do iron-on transfers.. She provides instructions and parchment paper in the order (or at least it did years ago)..
http://amymickey.com/ironontransfer_page.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!