• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is 16 hours too much?

Thanks NotUrsula, i feel enlighted to the US education system now! well, a little! I think thats pretty much how it works here, we just have different terms for it all.

Im not sure if 16 hours will be too much for a freshman. I only took 13 hours my first semester and 15 my second, and both semesters I was extremely bored. Last semester I took 16, and although I didn't have as much free time it was definately do-able. Hopefully, this semester with 18, it will be basically the same! :) Good Luck with whatever you do, but 16 shouldn't be too difficult!

16 Credit hours shouldn't be a problem at all. Honestly, college classes weren't any harder than high school ones for me, and there tends to be less homework, because they don't make you turn anything in. Unless you're taking an upper-level calculus or something, your freshman classes should be easy. As in, I can't remember a class I did more than 8 hours of homework for total, all year easy. I'd say overload early on so you have more spare time your upperclassman years. This semester (first semester of sr year) I'm taking 16 hrs, but only three days of the week so I have time to work almost full time. I'd much rather do this than be bored! (and working that much means I can afford to go to disney between semesters! but that's a tangent). Next semester I'll probably only have to take 12 credit hours, but thats because I did as much as I could early on.

I took 16 credits my first semester at college. It was not too much. My school now has it set up that every class is 4 credits so you take 4 classes a semester--16 credits. Unfortunately at my school that doesn't allow you to graduate on time so I ended up with 4 semesters of 20 credits.

16 credits isnt bad as long as its not a lot of classes. I'd say 5 classes is enough. Even though a class is only 3 credits you still end up with a lot of homework and projects (well it always seems that way) Anymore than 5 classes starts to get confusing and you end up with a lot of homework and not enough time to do it. Just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter